“Lovely location, definitely not a 4 star hotel though”

Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My friends and i stayed at this hotel in June and had a fantastic week holiday. The hotel is located in a brilliant location. You can walk down to the busy Playa Den Bossa, where there is plenty of night life but then if you want to have a more chilled out and civilised night or day trip, Figuretus and Ibiza town are just a 20 minute walk away or a quick bus trip. There are plenty of water taxis to shuttle you back and forth from the resort as well.
We had a nice room which looked out at the sea as well as the hills to the front of the hotel. The only main issue was the beds being rock hard. We all ended up with back ache at the end of the week. so be warned if you like a softer bed. The only other issue that annoyed us was the air con. We would leave it on during the day so that the room was cool for when we got back, but the maids kept turning it off!!! Considering we were paying for all inclusive i'd expect to have aircon on if i wanted it on. We were paying for it after all.
We didn't really spend anytime watching the entertainment as there was so much to do around the resorts, but for families with young children the entertainment would suit them. Plenty for them to do in the day time too around the pool. The pool area was very nice and had a bar in the middle where you could get drinks all day long as well as snacks. At the back of the pool was a gate down to the beach, so it was really easy to nip back and forth.
The hotel ticked all the boxes for a typical spanish holiday resort, but i definitely would not class it as a 4 star hotel, more like a standard 3 star.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were going to Ibiza to please our 17 year old son and his friend, so we were extremely nervous about what to expect. I can honestly say that we were very pleasantly surprised.
The hotel is in a stunning location. I cannot believe that somebody said on Trip Advisor that it was a trashy area. The hotel and all of staff were first class, as was the food, rooms and pool area. Playa d'en Bossa is a great resort for young people, but at no time was there any trouble. The young people were just there to enjoy the music and have a good time.
Ignore any negative comments. My husband and I will definitely be returning and will stay for 2 weeks next time, so that we can hire a car and see more of the beautiful island of Ibiza. My son is also keen to return next year, but without his parents!!!!!

Room Tip: we stayed on the 3rd floor and the views were fantastic.
2  Thank Jackie C
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just returned from here after staying for 3 nights on a girls holiday. I was quite nervous about staying here after reading the other reviews but alot of the bad stuff mentioned I never had any problems with. Staff were really friendly and helpfull, there was definately no bias towards Spanish or Italian etc. The hotel is geared for all nationalities but during the day around the pool they have entertainment for the Italians which was very noisey and after a while would be annoying if you did not want to join in and just wanted abit of peace and quiet. The buffet food for breakfast lunch and dinner was good, breakfast always the same but lunch and dinner there was always something different over the 3 days we were there. I am not sure whether this is really a 4*, I've not stayed in many before but for the price I paid I would say it was really really good. The only bad point about the rooms is the walls really are paper thin. It did not bother me as I had my friends either side of me but we could talk to each other without any difficulty through the walls and especially in the bathroom. I would return here for a girsl trip but I would not go with my family, its a good location for the bars and clubs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed in the hotel from the 7th July to the 18th July with my wife and two children aged 20 and 16. We had adjoining rooms on level 4 overlooking the swimming pool. The rooms were clean and the maids changed the towels etc. every day. The food was excellent during our stay and the pool bar served snacks during the day. The bar staff were always polite and we had no problems over the size of the drinks. There were plenty of sunbeds around the pool and the hotel is in walking distance of the beach. (30 metres). It was ideally located away from all the buzz of Playa De Bossa and there was a bus stop close by to Ibiza town although a taxi only cost 8.50 Euros. The reception and restaurant staff were always smiling and very helpful. Overall I would recommended this hotel and hopefully we will return in 2014.

1  Thank Ian016
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a girlie weekend, the reception staff were really nice and the rooms where clean and big you could hear other noise but it wasn't too bad!

The food was nice and all fresh!

The pool area was very clean and there were plenty of loungers! The bar staff could be a little rude at first but did become abit more friendly towards the end of our stay.

I would defo stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from the 8th july 2013 to the 15th july 2013. I am a travel agent for thomson holidays so I booked this holiday for me and my family which where my mum , dad and younger sister. we had two rooms one on the first floor and one on the fifth floor try and get the fifth floor as that is where the better view is. We went all inclusive the food was great had a wide range of choices, the drinks where good they where not mean on the alcohol haha. The pool area was never packed we manage to get a sunbed with no problems. The hotel it self was overall excellent they had entertainment but was in spanish as most of the people where spanish or german. The location was on the beach but playa den bossa is not got much going for it theres hardly any bars only the big major clubs like space and ushia tower. We got car hiire and did some travelling around which I prefered to do. Overall good hotel the customer service was great had no problems.

1  Thank nicola b
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First of all I would like to say that in no way what so ever would I class this hotel as a 4*, it needs to be downgraded to a 3* as to not mislead people who have never been before. Upon arrival we had to wait almost 3 hours for our room due to us requesting a kingsize bed (which we didn't, we just said we preferred a double bed). The reception staff aren't rude as such, they just don't seem interested in you unless you speak Spanish. This can also be said of the rest of the hotel staff, strangely I found the maids the friendliest in the whole of our 10 day stay. The entertainment team are perfect - if you're Italian, Spanish or German - English people get overlooked massively. Rooms are of ok size, we seemed to be in a modernised one (234 I think) with a flat screen TV with only Sky News in english so that was all we could watch. Rooms are very noisy, doors slamming, conversations and toilets flushing can be heard at all hours. I don't think I had a full nights sleep during our entire stay. Rooms cleaned on a daily basis so long as you leave the card on your door. Food is ok, usual all inclusive deal, but nothing to rave about. Drinks come in generous sizes and you can have wine with your meal. The worst thing about this hotel is the pool - it was FREEZING. Please go down to the beach, you'll have a much nicer time and the water in the sea is much warmer! Overall just an OK hotel, but nowhere near the money we paid and has put us off coming back to Ibiza in general

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gemmam141
Hoteltrescarabelas, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your visit to the Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa last June and for sharing your feedback with us and the travel community.

We regret not having been able to meet your expectations in some areas; it is also very disappointing for us when customers are not pleased with our services.

Sundays are for us check-in and check-out peak days. Although our front desk try to accommodate our guests upon their arrival, the check-in time is after 2 p.m. We try our best, but sometimes the check-in takes a little bit longer. We are aware that the reception registered your room at 1:42 p.m.

The service is a primary aspect for our staff, regardless of the origin of our guests. I personally offer you an apology if our staff was not as helpful as pretended to be.

We value your opinion and hope that your future stay with us will be full of glad experiences.

Best regards,

Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul
Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa
Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa
#5 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa? Share your experiences!