“Loed each and every minute of it..”

Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
London, United Kingdom
“Loed each and every minute of it..”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've heard much hype about Ushuaia and having never been there I wanted to see what the hype was about.. I managed to gain a pretty good rate for our stay in June for some of the opening parties at both Ushuaia and Ibiza and opted to stay there for my weeks stay. The location of the hotel was ideal for our stay as most of our activities were based around Playa Den Bossa and/or Ibiza Town.

Would I recommend Ushuaia yes, as it was without doubt the best hotel that I've stayed in on the Island and I've been going to and from there for the past 20 odd year. Granted it is an expensive hotel however you do end up saving on entrance fee alone. Would I go back, yes again, and come September I plan on doing just that..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MarcHanlon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Quite simply the best place to party. Music is banging, speakers pumped right up. Drinks expensive but cocktails and mixers are strong.
Saw Alesso, Aviici 1 night and then came back for Swedish House Mafia.
Best night of my life, prime location, good beah party during the day. Fresh, clean and safe.
SPACE is across the road too if you want to party after hours.

Room Tip: Left side room nearest to the front of the stage.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2013

"They are the hotel that pumps the music up." Don't expect a quiet hotel with this tagline. The story goes that the owner (a cool guy that we met and is hands on with all the parties) used to throw parties on the beach. His parties got so popular that thousands would come - this got to be banned by the government. So he built a hotel to house the parties smack in the middle of it. Don't expect anything too great from the rooms. And if you share rooms, note that there are rooms that there is no curtain and the glass separates the bathroom and the room.

For me, if you can afford it, and if they have rooms available, this is worth the money if you are in Ibiza to party. Expect a lot of people and chaos at times within the hotel - but the security seems very good for keeping non residents out of the restricted areas of the hotel.

I didn't like the staff at the reception, they were not very friendly and not too helpful. They would always ask us to wait a second, even if it was obvious that they weren't doing anything. One time we called about rooms and extra rooms and got information - we got to the lobby to confirm and everything was different from what we talked to on the phone.

The tables for the parties are expensive. But they run out! If you want to get a good table, reserve and make plans earlier especially on big nights.

The breakfast was good and selection wide (if you wake up). Good food, champagne, and redbull lol. The japanese restaurant was good as well.

I would definitely stay in the hotel again for easy access to parties and it is just a nice and hip hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: If you like to party, choose a room that has a good view of the stage.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Jaipur
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had one of my best stays ever, what a place and what a hotel . The best place to stay and party. The best breakfast and awesome food and drinks. Would just want to visit ibiza every year if I could and stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne , United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We was not sure what to expect after reading some reviews on here but we went with a open mind and I have to say I thought the new tower is amazing. We found the staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly (even the dreaded control security men).

We was greeted with a lovely glass of champagne but even though our rooms were not ready we was given a key to a room to change.

We was located on the 7th floor overlooking the beach clubs main stage and it was a lovely room but I think it was a disabled one but it didn't matter expect the toilet was a bit high ! Lol

The shows were great..finished dead on midnight and the clean up after by staff was faultless..so quiet too.

We didn't eat in the hotel so I can't comment on this..the drinks are on par with most upmarket places in ibiza.. Cost 30 euros for two vodka cokes (during an event) and 4 euros for a coke around the pool during the day. I wouldn't say the mini bar was too ridiculously priced either but we bought in drinks from a local supermarket. There was a ice machine located just next to our room too.

The beach is great and the sunbeds are free for guests...oh and beach towels too which is a bonus

Don't be put off by this hotel...I was worried looking through the pics they post on Facebook of events but they hire models in I think or only take pics of the beautiful people lol...just my opinion. But I guess that's the hotels image.

I would definately come back to the tower....maybe next year. Thank you for a great stay :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank MawstonBrady
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Its an adult paradise on island!
Very nice, music is GREAT! Working personal is very friendly. Just one thing beach has to be more cleaned, all the rest is very close to Ideal. Breakfast is amazing ,complimentary champagne helps starting in a good mood. Please Keep Calm and Withdraw More Money for USHUAIA!!!

Room Tip: Take room with jacuzzi and its have as well private pool entrance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Albany
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I see the reviews are a little mixed about this Hotel... so I felt the need to share our experience.

We arrived to check in the the Ushuaia Tower Friday midnight. We were tired and had very high expectations of the hotel. It was a relief to get there and be greeted with a champaign on arrival. The front desk was professional and welcoming and we were wowed by the reception area and surroundings.

We were shown to our room on the second floor and started to settle in. Upon testing out the room, we soon became very disappointed. We were placed on the second floor overlooking the backs of the rooms that surrond the stage section of the hotel. Not a pretty sight. the TV wouldn't work, the phone kept running out of battery and beeping, the bathroom flooded everytime you had a shower, our room was right next to the lift, etc. We called reception to come fix the TV, someone came within 5 minutes.... 2 people came within 10mins. Still couldn't fix it. There were alot of other little things that just then began to annoy us. We asked reception to be moved to another room to be informed that the hotel was full, calmly I informed them that we were disappointed and could he please make a note that we would like to speak to the manager in the morning. My husband and I then proceed to make a list and emailed it thru to an address we found on the website.

In the morning we got up, packed our bags and proceed downstairs to talk to a manager. We explained to the reception our disappointment and we required a different room. He wasn't too helpful, until we produced the list and told him we emailed it thru. This changed his tone and he retrieved the manager. She was wonderful... introduced herself apologised that our initial experience was not pleasant and proceeded to arrange a better room and a free upgrade. We were then shown to a room that overlooked the Tower Pool and the ocean, with a round bed, shower in the living area and a spa on the Balcony... Ushuaia had now meet our expectations! The room was AMAZING!!!

What added to the experience was that we then were able to wonder into the Pool Party on the other side called "Ants" at a cost of $30 to non guests. We had the time of our lives, awesome music, mojitios and the most amazing venue I have ever seen, yes the photos you see are real and it is amazing. At anytime we had full access with our wristbands to any part of the Original Ushuaia Hotel and the Ushuaia Tower (where our room was).

The next day we were then able to hire a smart cars fromt he hotel and explore the island. Breakfast were amazing with a wide range of options....including Champagne! We were in Ibiza to go see our favourite DJ at Space and the location was perfect being right across the road. It was close to the main drag, Bora Bora and all the shopping. Security was tight in the hotel and you couldn't go in unless you have a wrist band. This was great for us, as it kept the hotel relatively quiet and there was no randoms. Being a couple we enjoyed the exclusivity and VIPness.

We were pleasantly surprised when we found out that the Tower side was holding a party called "Defected" the next day. Our room was in a perfect location for us to enjoy the music from our balcony Spa and we were able to come and go from the party as we pleased. We had the most awesome view and the entertainment was out of this world.

We also ventured down to the beach club for a day and hired a day bed with shade. It was awesome, so relaxing and we were brought drinks and food. The service was friendly and efficient.

To be honest we didn't want to leave. We felt like royalty and we thought the staff were very helpful.

Be aware this is not a hotel for someone who is trying to do ibiza on the cheap. This is a hotel for people who aren't afraid to pay for what they want and don't mind spending a dollar or 2 to be treated like a VIP.

I also believe in being fair and reasonable and keeping your cool if things don't meet your expectation. Hence, we got the free upgrade. If we went down to reception yelling and screaming, our experience would have been ruined for the whole time we were there. I guess because I work in the industry and I know how it feels to be on the other side of the counter, we treated them with respect and they gave us what we wanted and more.

Room Tip: If in the Tower ask to have a room with full view of the Pool. Either the Stage Pool or the Tower Po...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
#6 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Aguas de Ibiza
Aguas de Ibiza
#2 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!