“Good if you are going for DJs and parties”

Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went there recently in August of 2012 with 6 friends. The room is VERY basic and customer service at the hotel is not that great. If you look at the prices its very expenses but don't expect the rooms or hotel staff to match. You are basically paying for location and the party/DJ experience. If you are aged 27-35 then this is good if you know the DJs playing at hotel from 5pm til midnight. If you are not into that or younger and have a budget do not stay here. Overall we had a great time as we hung out on our balconies and enjoyed the atmoshphere. But just don't expect a really nice room its very basic.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tas B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,453)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked this hotel as we was looking to stay at Ushuaia again but unfortunately they were fully booked. Anyway we booked this hotel as it was next to Ushuaia and we was actually pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean, the staff were helpful and the rooms were ok. The breakfast buffett when we actually got up in time for it was also quiet nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel if it is something a little cheaper and basic in Den Bossa.

Room Tip: I had a room that overlooked the pool and beach so my view was quite nice
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank leeloveridge
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Okay, this hotel is way too pricey and pretentious for what it offers unless you book well in advance and get a deal. The rooms are contemporary but small. Beds not comfy. Service stinks. The main areas aren't super clean. The drinks and food are expensive and just very average. The upside - brunch is yummy and if you want to see David Guetta or Swedish House Mafia etc..then having a room might be worth it. You'd pay the same in drinks downstairs (tip, you have to sneak your liquor/beer/wine into your rooms so just leave it in your bags) at 15 Euro a pop. They are militant about who they let up to the rooms during shows and, if you have friends in town and a show is going on, you can't even get a pass anytime during that day. There are a lot of great places to stay for a lot less money but it's a great venue for a show. Don't go there to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank FishPicnic
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I would not stay here again. As noted by numerous people, it has salt water in the bathrooms. There is no excuse for this. Uhsuaia is next door and is owned by the same people. They do not have salt water in the bathrooms. I have heard an excuse given that in this part of playa d’en bossa, salt water is the only option. That is obviously nonsense. I suspect this was the system they put in when they built the hotel and they have not bothered updating it since. Trying to wash your face in salt water is grim, very grim. The amount of times I got stinging eyes as drops got in is not funny! I also asked for a Uhsuaia view and did not get one. The reception also seemed badly organised. I had to wait quite a long time to check in as there was only one lady working on reception. Well, there was another man, but he seemed more interested in doing his paperwork than addressing the long queue of people waiting to be dealt with. I didn’t eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food. The drinks in the bar seemed reasonably priced. Another positive was the size of the room and it was relatively modern. It was also serviced every day. However overall Uhsuaia is a much better option.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michaelaww
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just stayed 7 days here during the second week in Sept, on the 6th floor, with my girlfriend - probably the best week of partying we've ever had!

It's my 4th time in Ibiza (all 3 star hotels), and this is the best hotel of the 4 I've been in. Lots of positives for this hotel - ideal location for the shops, beach, bars & clubs in PdB, v nice swimming pool (slightly salty water but not a problem) with lots of (free of charge) sunbeds around it, nice poolside bar & music (tho it's bit cheesy pop/chart stuff rather than the house or trance music which we'd 've preferred), good soundproofing from outside noise of planes & music, 3 lifts all working fine and NOT slow (as some reviewers would have you believe), helpful staff when needed, clean rooms - the bath gel & shampoo minatures, the towels and the bedding changed EVERY DAY by the maids, amazing power shower, loads of coathangers in large wardrobe, effective aircon in the room (at no extra charge!). Stayed half board (brekky & evening meal) - it's a buffet layout, very wide choice of foods hot & cold, delicious (girlfriend is vegetarian and still good choice for her to eat too).
And we only paid £332 each! AMAZING VALUE FOR MONEY - you'll save at least 150-200 euros a week on not having to eat out if you go half board like we did (OK we missed brekky 3 times coz were out clubbing til 6.30am :0), but you'll still save a packet on food, great if you're on a budget, more money to spend on partying :0). No kids or families at the hotel either, which we thought was great.

OK, now the negatives - Im having to nitpick here, personally there was nothing about this hotel that I could grumble about, I was delighted! - remember, it's only a 3 star & we paid very little - I think some other reviewers of this hotel who've slated it really should manage their expectations better and should really have shelled out for a 4 or 5 star if they expect the Ritz, coz I think they aint gonna get better than this hotel at bargain prices like this. OK here goes - although soundproofing from outside noise is good, the walls between rooms are thin, so if you're a v light sleeper and you've come for lots of sleep (why are you staying in PdB then?), and you're unlucky to get noisy people next door, then you may have some problem. Also, girls - try not to walk around the room completely naked coz the maids are probably too helpful in that they're so keen to clean & give you fresh towels every day that occasionally they MAY come in your room unexpectedly in the daytime (I thought it was hilarious, only happened the once to us ;). Oh, and I read people saying that the tapwater is really salty, but the tapwater in Spain is a bit salty everywhere I've stayed - deal with it, this hotel isnt any different to the other 3 star hotels as far as the water's concerned. You can still shower in it & brush your teeth fine, just don't drink it. My girlfriend occasionally finished rinsing her hair with some bottled water before we went out clubbing, so it's not a problem. The safe hire is 4 euros per day extra - a pretty standard charge from my experience. And yes, if you want a fridge, tv, iron or hire a beach towel you'll have to pay extra, but we didn't need to hire those things (just leave the aircon on, and your bottled water ll stay cool in the room). Oh, and if you're half board/all inclusive, although drinks (water, juice, tea, coffee) are provided free at brekky, you will have to shell out 2 euros for a bottle of water at evening meal (or there's soft & alcoholic drinks also available v cheap as well).

All in all, I'd definately stay again at this hotel next year, it's a bargain, completely exceeded my expectations

Room Tip: We were on 6th floor, fine, the lifts are good.
3  Thank Matt S
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I returned last week from a week's stay in this hotel. I will start with the positives as they are deserved:

1 - The location, as everyone says, is second to none if you are here for Ibiza's nightlife. Seconds from Ushuaia, Space, the bus stop for the Disco Bus (make sure you pick up a timetable for this bus which runs quite frequently throughout the entire night to and from all the major clubs to save on taxi prices - just three euros for this bus!), and a short walk to the strip.
2 - The salt water in the taps, while not ideal, was fine really, just made my hair a bit frizzy but ladies take hair straighteners and you will be fine!
3 - The rooms in general are very nice. No sign of a fridge (even after asking about this, was told there are not any) but they are large, have sea views, cleaned to a high standard daily (apart from the day where a maid broke our shower curtain rail, left the whole thing in the bath and did a runner, leaving a bunch of her cleaning stuff behind!...but when we reported this it was soon fixed). Very comfortable indeed.
4 - We were on bed and breakfast only but the breakfast was really good, probably the best I have ever had in a foreign hotel, loads of choice hot and cold to suit any taste (mmm I miss the toasted cheese and ham sandwiches just thinking about it...!)
5 - The staff, in general, are nowhere near as rude as some people here are making out, however...

THE BAD:
1 - As suggested by a few people on here I phoned one week in advance to request a room overlooking Ushuaia, not just because of Ushuaia but from looking at pics it seemed to have a better view plus we like sitting on our balcony in the afternoons, which with west facing balconies is not possible as it is too hot in the sun. BIG MISTAKE as I was told the only way they could do this is if we paid SIXTEEN EUROS A NIGHT EXTRA! So there was no way we were going to do that, I just said if there happened to be one available that would be nice.

When we got there I mentioned this again but was met with 'No can't do it sixteen euros a night extra', and we were put on the other side of the hotel. Thinking there is no way that half of all the people staying in the hotel were paying this supplement, I consoled myself thinking perhaps they were paying more overall or that our tour operator did not have rooms on that side. BUT THEN - on the second last day of our stay I met with an elderly couple who were on the same flight as us staying the same length of time, same tour operator etc, who were exasperated as they had a room facing Ushuaia which they didn't want because of the noise!

So all this leaves me to think is that the hotel is quite simply a downright money making at every opportunity exercise, and if I had never requested it it is quite likely we would have been placed there by chance, but when they sniff out someone who wants it they grab the opportunity to make more money, a thought which was strengthened when I spotted that the same company (Fiesta) owns Ushuaia too!

2 - More on the money making side of things; we hired a safe deposit box on the second day of our stay, was charged for the entire duration (well ok its just four euros so didnt make a fuss). The thing simply did not work, even the technicians came to confirm this, however reception refused to refund us our money - I had a big argument with a very stroppy lady about this to no avail. I definitely agree that the hotel's management needs to seriously re-assess the reception staff as I have NEVER felt so like reception staff at a hotel were 'out to get' us - normally you feel like they are there to look after you but this is definitely not the case in this hotel!

With this being said, for what you pay if you are not bothered by the things you have to pay extra for and want a comfortable stay in a great location, then this ticks plenty of boxes. You can literally see the airport from the hotel but the planes didnt bother us at all.

Now about D'en Bossa etc - there are plenty of great bars with decent drinks offers along the main strip, Bora Bora a few minutes away. I would agree with the review below that the two best places for food are Ibiza Rocks and Mumak on the beach with its funky Thai style eating areas.

WARNING! DO NOT try and hire sunbeds on the beach as they charge upwards of 24 euros a day! Now I have been on beaches all over Spain and Greece and this has to be some sort of record. Our rep told us on parts of the Island they get away with charging over 200 euros for a sun bed so BE CAREFUL!

If you are up for a bit of exploring as well, take the no.14 bus from outside the hotel into Ibiza town, and also highly recommended is a boat trip to nearby Formentera which is just absolutely stunningly beautiful. We also hired a car fairly cheaply one day from nearby Maxi Rent (where the lady was very nice and helpful), and drove to all the beaches up the west coast of the Island, which was easy to do in one day and a great way to see the island.

In case you don't know, the drinks prices in Ushuaia and the big clubs are also off the charts but this is par for the course.

I would go back to this hotel, but not before I have managed to get rid of the bitter taste in my mouth...

Room Tip: If you want a room overlooking Ushuaia DONT request it!!!
2  Thank SuperDhupar
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We are sorry that you were not fully satisfied with our services. But we thank you for your advice, with your help we can always improve our offers of services for our clients. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our location and rooms and we hope to see you again at one of our Fiesta Hotel Group resorts/hotels in future.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I booked this hotel with a bit of trepidation, given the reviews I read, but I am so pleased that I booked here. From the front desk staff/check-out staff (Daniel), to the wait staff, down to housekeeping, everyone was extremely pleasant and friendly. I mentioned, simply mentioned, that the couple we were travelling with were getting married that day and the front desk agent sent a bottle of champagne, along with a congratulations letter, on behalf of the hotel. Very classy. I also requested a room with a view of the stage/pool and they gave us the best standard rooms in the house. We could not have asked for better views!!

We ate almost daily in the hotel and found the food to be very good. The sushi bar was a pleaser and the food/beverage at the pool was great as well. Note that tips are not included in the bill, so if you charge to your room you want to bring at least some Euro to tip.

If you want a sunbed at the pool, I recommend getting there no later than 11am. There are a few sunbeds on the beach but those get taken even earlier. There are beds on the beach that you can rent once the free one's are taken, but they are $180 Euro (they do come with a bottle of Champagne though). You can always get a towel and lay on the actual beach, which is what we did one day.

Security is tough, but I am glad they are that way. This is THE hotel everyone wants to be and stay at, so they don't take lightly to party goer's hanging out around the rooms. This is exactly what you want when you are a paying guest.

The hotel is situated right across the street from Space, and approximately 4 blocks from Bora Bora. I recommend Bora Bora around 5pm, great music and people.

Ibiza Rocks Diner has good food and they give you large portions (chicken pita). Try their white Champagne Sangria, it is delicious.

Overall, this hotel was an excellent experience and well worth the money. If you want a budget Ibiza holiday, don't stay here. I am the traveller that is not interested in staying at a place with a bunch of obnoxious, intoxicated people roaming the premises at 3am and the hotel makes sure this doesn't happen. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the stage, if you are interested in seeing the show.
2  Thank Miss650
#5 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Hotel Club Bahamas Ibiza
Hotel Club Bahamas Ibiza
#11 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!