I have been coming to Ibiza for 9 years and was very excited for the opening of this fantastically looking hotel. However, for cost of this hotel, I expected more, way more. I have no problem paying premium dollars for premium service. Also, people should take notice when Space (the club in Ibiza who really knows how to treat VIPs) won't be associated with this hotel.
This hotel and its associated beach restaurant had horrible service. And the only good thing about this hotel are the cleaning ladies, ladies at reception and maintenance men . Whom we had to call 4 times and the 5th time they just showed up to fix something that we had no idea was even broken.
Why this hotel is bad:
- Room was WAY WAY too small... sure we could have spend $1200 per night on a superior room but at that rate we should just rent a villa
- No notification as what guest might expect when there are afternoon parties - entrances to HOTEL rooms blocked off, pool closures, walk ways to hotel exit closed off, a simple listing when you check in would suffice. but the hotel doesn't provide
- Limited flexibility in pool area - certain areas are designated "pacha" areas which mean during the day you cannot move umbrellas from Pacha area to pool area (2 feet away) and thus you are stuck sitting in the sun if all designated pool umbrellas are used
- No parking in front of hotel, not sure how they expect you to load bags into your car if you can't park out front
- Staff is flat out rude - comment to my friend by Spa host when she complained about her pedicure chipping "Go back the the US where everything is better". Never in my years of Ibiza has a staff member from a hotel spoken so rudely.
- Purchasing drinks at the party requires you to buy tickets first (like a carnival ride)
Sure they can book fantastic DJs, and guess what you put a fantastic DJ at a pool party and people come, duh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on Playa d'en Bossa Beach, the adults-only Ushuaia Ibiza features a spa and 2 outdoor pools with large sun beds. Guests enjoy free entrance to live DJ performances hosted by the hotel. The minimalist rooms are equipped with air conditioning, a 42-inch plasma TV and iPod docking station. They also feature a furnished terrace. The Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel is made up of 2 separate buildings. The Ushuaia Club houses the bedrooms and hosts the hotel's famous parties. The exclusive Ushuaia Tower offers 24-hour room service, 2 outdoor pools, Balinese beds and a poolside cocktail bar. The hotel offers a Japanese fusion restaurant with a Zen garden, as well as a Beach Club restaurant with Mediterranean cuisine. The property's Montauk Restaurant specialises in steaks and other grilled meats. The hotel is 2 km from Ibiza Airport and 3 km from Ibiza Old Town. It is located directly opposite Space Nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Palladium Hotel Group, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel Playa D'en Bossa