Stayed at Morasol Apartments in September 2011, booked a self catering apartment for 1 week. Staff totally friendly upon arrival, not much English though so it helps to speak slow or know Spanish, German, Italian. We had a great room with sea view above the bar area. The hotel is super quiet so despite being near/overlooking the more public area of the hotel it was surprisingly quiet.
The room we had was spacious and the balcony was huge and sheltered. It had lounge chairs and a table with chairs and umbrella. The bathroom was huge. I think we were quite lucky and we thought our room must have been one of the better ones on offer. The hotel has the benefit of 2 pools, and we preferred the one which was not near the reception, it felt more private. We got a 2 for 1 voucher for the restaurant upon arrival and had diner that night because it was a Canarian themed night. It was OK and we were happy that we didn't spend the money on half board because we had access to 2 SPAR stores with a great selection of food. A few decent restaurants in town, but we mostly ate home.
We did have breakfast at the hotel one morning and it was much better than supper, the selection was excellent and we totally pigged out. The kitchen facilities int he room were pretty basic. we had most pots and pans and cutlery we wanted, however what was lacking were the basics such as a sponge to wash dishes, dish soap, salt/pepper. These things could be provided to folk staying 1 week. We ended up leaving so much food and gave it to the cleaner who was friendly as well. They came about 5/7 days to clean the flat and changed towels 4 times. Bedsheets we not changed, but they would make our beds.
The beach is a minute down the road, clean sands and gorgeous clear waters. The water was warm (although I prefer Caribbean!) and you can walk all the way past Sotavento beach. There were some rocky bits but nothing too major if you have some sturdy sandals. The waves were great.
We hired a car one day, and booked it via the hotel. I would suggest getting to the desk early on the day you hire because it took ages for one representative to process the queue of us who had booked on that day. We did the entire Island in a day. The tell you not to go to Cofete with the hire because the insurance doesn't cover it on those secondary roads, but if you drive carefully you should be fine!
All in all this is a great place to stay for folk on a budget, or happy doing things on their own. Costa Calma is a quiet resort and it was just what we needed to unwind from stressful jobs. The weather was great and the beaches were clean and sprawling. The rest of the island is diverse and scenic, highly recommend getting a car for 1-2 days to check it out. We will definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These apartments are located in the beautiful beach of Costa Calma in Fuerteventura Island a few steps from the beach, with spectacular sea views Morasol stands out for its friendly, family atmosphere. During your stay we offer you the opportunity to enjoy nature in an idyllic location, where you can swim in the clear waters of Costa Calma, soak up the sun and enjoying Fuerteventura while practicing all kinds of sports. Our qualified staff is looking forward to meeting to assist you with all the care and professionalism you deserve, so you feel at all times at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Apartmentos Morasol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartmentos Morasol Costa Calma
- Apartmentos Morasol Hotel Costa Calma
- Apartmentos Morasol Fuerteventura/Costa Calma