We stayed in the Morasol Appartments in September 2011 and were very pleased when we arrived, we were greeted at reception with a glass of champagne! We were in room 308, we had requested a high room with a sea view and got exactly that. It wasnt one with the larger balcony but was perfect for sitting on, eating dinner overlooking the pool and sea.
Both pools were so quiet the week we were there, quite often we were the only people at the pool. We knew the resort would be quiet after reading the reviews on here, and it was quiet but very relaxing/peaceful which is just what we wanted. The beach is so close to the appartments, and it is a beautiful beach. The sunbeds on the beach cost 6euros each for a day which is worth paying for the shade and shelter from the wind when it is a little windy.
It is definitely worth hiring a car from the aiport and driving down to Costa Calma so you have a car to explore the island as well. There is plenty of parking on the streets. (Taxi from the airport to Costa Calma is 75euros each way so better value to hire a car).
There werent a huge amount of restaurants in Costa Calma but it was quality not quantity, the food was lovely everywhere we ate and there are plenty of supermarkets to get food if you are self catering. The staff at the Morasol were very helpful and friendly - especially the hotels Golden Retriever who always came out to greet us! It is a mainly German resort with most restaurant menus being written in German but they always had English menus so it wasnt a problem.
There is a bus close to the appartments which takes you to Morro Jable/Jandia - a bigger resort which is a nice day out and only costs 2.50euro each way.
Costa Calma is a lovely, peaceful place for a relaxing getaway - if we come back to Fuerteventura we would definitely stay at the Morasol again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These apartments are located in the beautiful beach of Costa Calma in Fuerteventura Island a few steps from the beach, with spectacular sea views Morasol stands out for its friendly, family atmosphere. During your stay we offer you the opportunity to enjoy nature in an idyllic location, where you can swim in the clear waters of Costa Calma, soak up the sun and enjoying Fuerteventura while practicing all kinds of sports. Our qualified staff is looking forward to meeting to assist you with all the care and professionalism you deserve, so you feel at all times at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Apartmentos Morasol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartmentos Morasol Costa Calma
- Apartmentos Morasol Hotel Costa Calma
- Apartmentos Morasol Fuerteventura/Costa Calma