All reviews sea view relaxing holiday litre bottle classy hotel piano bar wear long trousers for dinner hotel grounds predominantly german fourth floor half board fabulous hotel spa area sauna and steam room palm trees english guests higher floor reception desk
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Room tip: Fantastic shower.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed July 26, 2016

You can not fault the cleanliness of the pool area and rooms, these were both absolutely spotless throughout our stay. As one other reviewer mentioned, most of the guests were German and in fact, the entire area seemed geared towards German holiday makers but this did not bother us. The hotel was very peaceful with some live harp or piano music in the evenings but otherwise not a lot of entertainment. There is very little to do in the area itself but we would certainly recommend the zoo (there is a free bus and it is a very short journey) as it was really excellent.
There was large choice of food at the buffet, both morning and evening. The fresh fish was particularly good. This a good thing too as there is a real dearth of other places to eat out in the area!

Room tip: Great view from 4th floor
3  Thank pinkspruce
Reviewed July 25, 2016

The hotel is kept spotlessly clean and is right on the beach, when we arrived & checked in we weren't told but we had been put in a normal double room when I had booked a junior suite, there was 3 of us including our 16yr old daughter. I realised this straight away when I saw the camp bed & size of the room so went straight back down to reception to sort it out. I was told by the receptionist that the hotel was overbooked so we had been given a sea view room instead! I explained that it was not what I had paid for & that we wanted a junior suite, she offered us a bottle of champagne to compensate but I told her that the room I had paid for cost more than a cheap bottle of champagne! She then rang the manager & told us we would have to speak to him the next morning & he would sort it out, which he did, but we had to wait until later that afternoon for the room to be vacated & cleaned so we couldn't unpack until then. Once the room was sorted everything else about the hotel was lovely, the food was excellent & lots of choice, waiting staff in restaurant very good, we went half board & you sign for drinks at dinner & are given a receipt then pay bill at check out. There is nothing much to do here, we thought there might be jet skis, parasailing etc on beach but there's only windsurfing & only a few bars & shops to walk to that didn't look very nice, although a handy spa shop outside hotel which we bought drinks & snacks. The hotel also mostly caters for German guests, most signs were in German, the staff speak German & apart from BBC & Sky news all the TV channels were German. We booked through Thomson & was surprised that a rep doesn't visit the hotel but we were given a number to call if we needed help or there is a German Thomson rep who you can book trips through, who was very nice, but again the book with all the trip details in is German & the uk Thomson book just had details of tel numbers & transfer times! Weather was very windy which I had expected mornings & evenings but didn't realise it would be that windy all day & has put us off going back.

Room tip: Junior suites are all on ground floor & very spacious
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Lee B
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Lovely hotel, good choice of food and facilities. the hotel is looking a little tired around the edges, settees in reception were threadbare, smelly and stained. Staff were friendly and attentive, bars were well staffed. Entertainment was random to say the least. One minus was I fell over in the restaurant, I slipped on some water, whilst the staff were helpful I felt the maitre'd was dismissive, There was a wet floor sign but it was tucked behind a planter. we had a problem with the drinks bill but this was rectified after some discussion.

Room tip: All room have sea views higher levels have uninterrupted views of the sea.

Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays