Just returned from a week at the Monica Beach with my husband and 2 children aged 6 and 15. We read reviews prior to going and were a little concerned, many said the hotel was in a poor state, food was bad, staff were poor and there was nothing to do!!! I can only think these guests were talking about a different place!
We had a beautiful spacious, modern room (1 bed apartment) which was cleaned 5 days out of the seven and to a very high standard. We found all the staff to be helpful and friendly. The food was varied and plentiful, lots of choice at all meal times and snacks and ice creams were available throughout the day at the pool bars and beach bar.
Having a 6 year old we tended to favor the kids pool which had water slides, its own snack/drinks bar and a hotel run Kids club which our daughter joined on two occasions.
The beach is stunning and only 2 minutes walk from anywhere on the complex.
Windsurfing, jet skis etc are also available on the beach.
There are tennis courts, football, crazy golf and a gym all on the complex as well as the large main pool, kids pools and fantastic beach so plenty to do!
We booked through jet2 holidays and were upgraded to all-inclusive plus which meant you could use any of the facilities at neighboring SBH hotels, they are all within a short walking distance and all seemed to be of a similar high standard, we did wander to a different hotel for drinks by the pool but we were more than happy at the Monica Beach so didn't check out any of the other facilities.
There are lots of different nationalities and I would say the vast majority are Germans and the evening entertainment was geared more towards them than the English guests which is the only real criticism i have. However the Kids mini disco, 8.30pm each night was fun for all the children whatever nationality.
It certainly isn't a hotel aimed at people wanting lively nightlife into the early hours but for us that was perfect, we wanted a relaxing yet fun week away with our Children in a good hotel with good food, good facilities and a nice room/apartment and that's exactly what we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A complex consisting of several buildings in a palm garden of more than 77.000 m2, our SBH Mónica Beach ofers spectacular entertainment, with sports and activities for everybody, live music, professional shows etc. And for our star guests, the children, we've thought of everthing: miniclub, children's playground , games and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your SBH Monica Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Monica Beach Hotel Costa Calma
- Sunrise Monica Beach Costa Calma
- Monica Beach Fuerteventura
- SBH Monica Beach Fuerteventura/Costa Calma