1,101 results
All reviews tapas bar feeding station grilled fish communal areas are great week salt water pool lunch and dinner palm trees nightly entertainment other hotels beautiful sandy beach animation team on tap different languages direct access cleaned every morning salad
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2016

This was our first trip to Fuerteventura even though we have been to all the other islands. We looked at many hotels in a lot of different resorts and decided that this all inclusive hotel was the best value for money. We booked everything individually rather than go for a package as it invariably works out cheaper. We arrived at the hotel in the dark and was met by the manager at reception. He was an extremely courteous and efficient chap who suggested we postpone check-in until we had eaten dinner. 45 mins later we headed off to our room. A good large room with double bed, as requested, spotlessly clean and tidy; no ants nor mossies!. Great!

Next morning we ventured out to look at what we had booked. We were not disappointed as the grounds are kept neat & tidy and, unlike a lot of 'beach' hotels, does actually have direct access to the beach. Large, clean pool attracted a few punters but Feb weather is not quite pool-esque enough for us. We hired a car from the reception (45 Euros a day; just add fuel) and set about touring the island. This is when we found that the Fuerteventura Playa is a good hotel. We went to look at some of the other hotels we thought of booking and were glad we didn't. To be fair, it was the location of the hotels and not the hotels themselves that disappointed - El Cotillo, a one horse town, famous for having circular rock structures for sunbathing - novel idea until you realise that they are there to stop your skin being stripped by the sand! Corralejo with all of it's naff 'kiss me quick' shops and youngsters looking for somewhere new to throw up. And the weather. It can be so different between North and South of the island. Anyway, I digress. The hotel. The food was good and we eat in all three eating establishments - Italian (need to book), the Tapas bar (most excellent!) and the main restaurant. Good selection of food and no need to complain. This point brings me to the reason I'm writing this review. There are a lot of people that whinge and whine about the state of the rooms and the food offered when they are paying less than a third of the price of the posh hotel up the road (£1300 per couple). It's these people that have unrealistic expectations, probably due to ignorance, research capabilities or inadequate travel experiences, that let the side down side down. Just tell it as it is. Rant over.

To sum up then - The hotel is in a great position, direct access to the beach and is protected from the northerly winds , is clean and tidy and regularly cleaned and tidied, and serves good food and drinks (Prosecco for breakfast - happy wife all day!). I often agree with the saying ' you get what you pay for' but in this case (at Feb half term prices) we got more than we paid for.

We'll definitely be going back!

Room tip: North wing rooms get more sun
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank modelman
Reviewed February 20, 2016

We love this part of Feurteventura and this hotel is on the beach and next door to the very first hotel we stayed in 20 years ago. This part of the Island is more frequented by the German tourist but we prefer that as we live with the English the rest of the year!!!!
This hotel is a 4 star bearing in mind that 5 star is not the top rating these days. There are 3 floors, various lifts, car parking. Our rooms where cleaned every day except wed and sun and towels changed whenever we used the towel in the bath method. The rooms are huge but not separated from the kids sofa bed area so we booked 2 rooms for us and our teenagers Rooms have shower over low bath, hairdryers, TV (one channel in English) FREE wifI. Safe hire is 2.20 euro per day 15 euro deposit, Pool towels can be hired for a deposit plus wash charge for clean one/end,
There are plenty of loungers around the pool(s) and in a private sandy area by the beach, Direct access to the beach but there is a rocky section between the hotels and the sea. For the kids there was a beach play park plus an indoor kids club and kids nightly entertainment hour. There is also a gym, a sauna, indoor table tennis areas (keys from reception). The usual pool and hockey tables for 1 euro.
The main restaurant generally has a different theme each night and you can book the a la carte restaurant for one evening visit (included).Tapas lunch is served at the beach restaurant 3 times per week. there is a pool bar (day) and a main bar in the evening entertainment room. Coffee and soft drink machines are in the same and other areas too. We did feel the hotel was value for money and would book here again.
NB The hotel next door is currently being refurbished so there was construction noise but it never become a nuisance to us and did look almost finished.

Room tip: excellent pool and sea view from our rooms 377 and 378 (top floor)
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 64Kaz21
Reviewed January 9, 2016 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel on Boxing Day 2015 an stayed until 3rd Jan, this was a last minute holiday for us (2 adults & 2 toddlers)
Let me just start by saying, this is my 4th time holiday to fuerteventura and always stay 4 star all inclusive.

I was in two minds by booking at this hotel because of the reviews on trip advisor. I really was limited for accommodation as nearly every hotel on fuerteventura was fully book because of what's going on in Egypt and other countries.
This hotel was ideal, for what we needed as a family.
The reception is basic and small upon arrival, ( I wasn't staying in the reception to that never bothered us) an the reception staff Hardly spoke English, but they was very helpful and did try there upmost to help us am much as they could.
Opposite the reception there is 2 shops, one like a newsagent and the other was like a bag and clothes shop.
We booked the family room, which was huge, it was like a 1 bed apartment with out the kitchen or couch. It was bigger than any other family room I've ever booked, an we go on holiday 2-3 times a year as a family.
The rooms do look dated but they was spotlessly clean and very comfortable.
The size of our balcony was a decent size as well. (Little tip) the TVs are in Spanish but if you go into the setting and change language to enlist and audio to qaa, you will get English to, not bad especially when your kids like watching sponge bob.
There is also air conditioning in the rooms, I noticed they are work better when you close the bedroom door.

The pools was great, the baby pool is tiny and about 8 sun lounger surrounding it, the big pool is salt water so bring your goggles. When I say big pool it is big but not deep. I think it's between 3-4 feet deep all around and there's steps leading in to it.
There is plenty of sun loungers also, when the hotel got busy I would go down around 9am and but our towels by the pool.
At the back of the complex there is an entrance to the beach, where there is a kids play area which is nice as its on the sand. The hotel beach is not child friendly as its very rocky leading into the water, there is also a water sports section where you can hire jet skis and banana boats etc.
If you want to go to the normal beach you can access it by walking the rocks at the side of he beach or you can go out the hotel turn left and 3 minute walk you come to a tapas restaurant and turn left and there's a nice beach about a mile long, or you can go to playa baraka which is around 8 euros in a taxi from the hotel, an it's the nicest beach you will ever see in Europe. (White sand and aqua blue sea.)
Also this hotel is very open, for anyone to just walk in and around. There is no security or cctv which we noticed.
The hotel restaurant was not to bad, the food was cooked superb, the only down fall I can say and it put a downer on our holiday was they never catered for children also expect a toddler to drink out of a wine glass. They could really do with putting plastic cups for kids and maybe pizza, nuggets or burgers.
The food was nice there, but not enough selection on the meat. You might get a choice of 3 at most. I remember one day they served 2 fish and 1 duck. Now my other half is a really fussy eater, an they ended up having chip butties and so did the kids. Another issue we noticed was the restaurant staff looked worn out, they was really slow at cleaning tables for the next guest to eat. They look like they've just had bad news. (Really miserable)
Apart from that there's enough, deserts, vegetarian/ vegan, fruit and drinks.
There is also a tapas restaurant in the hotel but you have to book a table at reception. We never tried it though, so can't comment on it.
The children's entertainment was good, an the entertainers really entertained the kids and adults. They even had me out of my seat on the stage, an am a shy person.
From staying in luxury hotels on the island and staying here, I can't really fault this place especially for the price we got it. If we wanted a modern hotel or a warm pool I would of payed the extra for that. I believe if you want a good holiday you can have one, it's just how you make it.
Would I stay here again, probably yes if I was onlooking for a quick get away.

Also

This is our first time to Costa calma, and what a beautiful part of the island.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank R5388CQcd
Reviewed January 8, 2016

I totally agree with the most recent review. We had a fab Christmas holiday, free room upgrade to sea/pool view, rooms cleaned daily with exception of Sunday, food to suit everyone (my children were trying all kinds of fish/meat dishes) and excellent gala dinner on Christmas day, extremely pleasant staff and animation team, and to top it off weather was great! We also enjoyed the good mix of nationalities whilst doing some activities.

Room tip: 278/279 sun on balcony until 6pm in winter. Nice quiet, large rooms
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank WiganCharlotte
Reviewed January 6, 2016

This is a nice hotel, situated right on the beach. There is a large pool and numerous areas to take advantage of sun loungers and the sun. I had a good sized room cleaned every day bar one. The restaurant provides a wide choice of meals to satisfy many tastes and the staff very helpful. The Reception staff always ready to answer questions and assist. I was on my own but many families seemed to be having a good time. Costa Calma is not Benidorm but if you a quiet holiday, pleasant beaches I would reccommend this Hotel.

1  Thank Trevor B