I spent many hours trawling through All inclusive 4 and 5* hotels looking for somewhere special to spend our very precious 7 days of holiday when I found this hidden little gem. What a wonderfully peaceful, relaxing, quiet, clean and friendly hotel. Beautifully spacious 'pods' with totally private court yards and although the furnishings were a little tired and disappointing on arrival I must say didn't detract from our comfort or enjoyment. The bed was a little hard ( which I like) and the pillows were plump and soft. Oh and we had no problems with internet connection in our 'pod', which we used daily.
There is a sewage plant next door, we were one of the nearest pods to it and never smelt it once (whilst in the hotel grounds) the whole week.
It is across the road (literally) from the most amazing beach, which goes on for miles and offered us many beautiful and breathtaking walks . Although, sadly, the stunning sea views have been obscured by a super large hotel you still get glimpses from the bar, restaurant and breakfast room (and some of the pods although not ours!).
The photo's have recently (since our stay) been updated and are a true representation of the hotel as a whole. The exceptions are the 'modern bedroom' scroll through to pic no:62 for a more realistic representation (unless all rooms have been seriously upgraded) and the puddings - we stayed a week and never had that choice or quantity on offer!!
The food over all was good, breakfast had a HUGE choice and a chef to cook any type of egg (including omelet ) fresh to order, oh and pancakes! Dinner was a little bit repetitive for a 4* and the buffet salad was a bit poor (but maybe I'm being picky). The BBQ was fantastic and cooked to order, shame it was only once a week!
Although many of the staff spoke little English it didn't pose a problem, they were all brilliant - very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. We felt very welcome and looked after, without intrusion.
Overall we had a very enjoyable stay, there are many really lovely little touches, but did feel the hotel was let down by some easily solved issues.
1. Without exception at least one and in general several pieces of the tableware were chipped - including the glass bases - at every meal.
2. Soup was served each evening, and was lovely, but there were no soup spoons (4*?)
3. Our room was immaculately clean - except under the outside shower tray, which hadn't been cleaned for some time.
4. The gym equipment was in poor condition, some unsafe to use, some unpleasant to use and generally maintained poorly if at all. It was also regularly frequented by unsupervised children. Not at all in keeping with the rest of the hotel.
Hope you find this helpful - we loved it :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The VIK Suite Hotel Risco del Gato is an exclusive hotel with a unique architecture surrounded by 34.643 M² of gardens and heated swimming pools on different levels ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your VIK Suite Hotel Risco del Gato reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- VIK Suite Hotel Risco Del Gato Fuerteventura/Costa Calma