I found it difficult to mark this one, because of the issues that arose with regard to the standard of our accommodation.
We arrived quite late one night when it was dark, and the reception process was fine. However, the apartment was a great disappointment. It was very basic, with oldish, scratched furniture. The seats round the dining table were hard, wooden affairs. However, the worst bit was the lighting. It reminded me of my Granny’s front room in the 1970s where she had a single 40W bulb coming out of the ceiling; it was really dim. No soft lighting whatsoever - no table lamps. The lighting in the bedroom and bathroom was better, though. The balcony provided an uninspiring view over a dual carriageway - but the traffic noise did not disturb us at night. On the positive side, it was clean.
We went back to reception and asked to change rooms. We were told every room was occupied. I did check, and that indeed was the case. However, the very excellent receptionist did say we would be able to change in a few days time.
I also noted that there was no heating or air conditioning in the apartment, although during our stay in March, neither was needed. I understand that heating can be provided - at extra cost. Also, if you wanted use of the safe, this too came at extra cost (somewhere around €2.20 per day). The wifi was free, although it seemed a bit slow and patchy.
So why 4 stars? Well, we did indeed get a move of apartment a couple of days later, and this was much better, although still quite basic. Roomier, with better lighting (except for the kitchen area, which was still poor), with a view over the pool area rather than the dual carriageway.
The facilities were really good, e.g. the pool area, the bar, tennis courts etc - and they, in common with the grounds, were well maintained.
Staff members were really helpful and courteous, the cleaning lady we had especially so.
We didn’t eat at Santa Rosa at all; there is a supermarket close by which had most things you could want, and there is a wide choice of restaurants within walking distance.
So, going back to the marking, I am also mindful that it not expensive to stay here, so we certainly weren’t looking for the last word in luxury. I gave it 4 stars because I considered it to be very good value for money. It was a pity about the first apartment; if the apartments were brought up to the standard of the rest of the complex, it would be truly great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and Resort The apartment complex is located in Costa Teguise 350m to the beach of Playa Bastian. The town centre is only 1 km away, the capital in 6 km and to the airport only 12 km. The Santa Rosa is perfect for relaxed family holidays and now it is also your destination for a sport and active accommodation. Always thinking on the families it offers a complete entertainment program for children , 1500m2 leisure center with a Indoor Children Playground, ball pond, soft play area with slides, climbs, bridges, face painting, football, play-station, television room, (free of charge) pool table and as well as an professional Brunswick 10 pin bowing alley with 4 tracks .(Charge) The new Sports Center, opened in May 2013, offers you a wide range of sport facilities, a heated indoor semi Olympic pool of 25 meters and one heated 6x6m pool for children and rehabilitation. It also provides a fully equipped Gym with the newest equipment, Fitness room, spinning-bikes, personal trainer, classes of yoga, TRX and much more. To relax after sportive activities you can enjoy the Sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath and sport massage. (Charge) The Sports Center can be used for a small fee for Clients of the Hotel. Accommodation-Apartments 1 bedroom apartments are distributed in a separate bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with safe (for rent), bathroom with tub / shower, living room with sofa-bed of an individual place, telephone and satellite TV. A fully equipped kitchen with 2 cooking hobs, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster. The balcony or terrace has furniture. The family apartments offer the same facilities but with 2-bedrooms and 4 single beds, 2 per room. Santa Rosa has rooms and facilities for disabled guests. (Under request) Please, contact Santa Rosa if you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, etc. Upon arrival. During the stay the cleaning of the apartments is done 5 times per week, with 3 changes of towels per week and 1 change of linen every 5 days. Facilities and Service The reception remains open 24 hours for your safety and comfort with luggage storage and showers, and 4 Internet terminals (charge). Surrounded by a large garden area and a solarium you find the outdoor saltwater pool (heated in winter by solar panels) with separate children's pool and outdoor playground, sun loungers and parasols. Just beside the pool area you have a Snack bar with free Wi-Fi connection were you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks. It also features 2 restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can choose between international themed buffet and a la carte service. (Free Wi-Fi) The complex also offers installations to play Mini-Golf, Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Petanque (free of charge) And 2 Paddle-tennis-courts (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotel.de and Booking.com so you can book your Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Rosa Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise