Stayed at the Santa Rosa in September with my girlfriend. We are in our mid twenties and were looking for a cheap break to end our summer.
We went for the half board option at the hotel and upon arriving at 2200, we were told that the restaurant was closing, however a cold dinner would be sent up to our room. This was impressive and the food promptly arrived.
We stayed in a first floor one bedroom apartment to the rear of the complex. We were very impressed upon our arrival, spacious and modern. There is a 42" TV in the living room with English, German and Spanish channels.
That night we slept well in the two singles put together. A lot of people mention the heat and the lack of aircon; all I can say is that you soon get used to it.
The problem for our room, 1108 was the fact that we had the hotel gym below us, this meant that at 0900 every morning except Sunday, we were woken by very loud music coming from the gym which had all its windows open, I don't know what's worse, the music or the fact that even the gym has no air con!
The breakfast was pleasent and there was always an English breakfast available if you like that kind of thing, plus the usual cold meats, croissants etc. This was all served as a buffet.
Dinners were good although we are out most nights as if was very cheap.
The pool area is large and we found no issues in securing loungers throughout our stay.
A lot of people complained about the pool, I would agree with them, once you are in, all is well, after a few minutes. I can't quite explain how the pool comes to being as cold as it is. It's as though it is kept chilled!
The grounds are nice and vast and we had nothing but nice experiences from the staff which was very nice.
If you are looking for a cheap break away, this hotel is a good option.
We came here expecting little and we were pleasently surprised.
The pool area is loud with family's shouting and screaming, it's as though manners are left at home, that's if they were ever present!
We are used to staying in top end hotels but this is by no means a bad hotel and it is hard to fault at all for the price.
Rooms- Clean and above basic in standard.
Food- Of above average quality.
Clientele- Brits Abroad.
For anyone who has no issues with walking, a 15 min walk to the resort centre and a 10 min walk max to the beach.
Last bit from me, two restaurants you just visit, Ninas which is across the road, advertised as homemade food, very nice with good wine. And Mikes Steak and Schnitzel restaurant, they do a BBQ on a Friday and Sunday night, it's amazing, it's located in Costa Teguise itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and Resort The apartment complex is located in Costa Teguise 350m to the beach of Playa Bastian. The town centre is only 1 km away, the capital in 6 km and to the airport only 12 km. The Santa Rosa is perfect for relaxed family holidays and now it is also your destination for a sport and active accommodation. Always thinking on the families it offers a complete entertainment program for children , 1500m2 leisure center with a Indoor Children Playground, ball pond, soft play area with slides, climbs, bridges, face painting, football, play-station, television room, (free of charge) pool table and as well as an professional Brunswick 10 pin bowing alley with 4 tracks .(Charge) The new Sports Center, opened in May 2013, offers you a wide range of sport facilities, a heated indoor semi Olympic pool of 25 meters and one heated 6x6m pool for children and rehabilitation. It also provides a fully equipped Gym with the newest equipment, Fitness room, spinning-bikes, personal trainer, classes of yoga, TRX and much more. To relax after sportive activities you can enjoy the Sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath and sport massage. (Charge) The Sports Center can be used for a small fee for Clients of the Hotel. Accommodation-Apartments 1 bedroom apartments are distributed in a separate bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with safe (for rent), bathroom with tub / shower, living room with sofa-bed of an individual place, telephone and satellite TV. A fully equipped kitchen with 2 cooking hobs, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster. The balcony or terrace has furniture. The family apartments offer the same facilities but with 2-bedrooms and 4 single beds, 2 per room. Santa Rosa has rooms and facilities for disabled guests. (Under request) Please, contact Santa Rosa if you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, etc. Upon arrival. During the stay the cleaning of the apartments is done 5 times per week, with 3 changes of towels per week and 1 change of linen every 5 days. Facilities and Service The reception remains open 24 hours for your safety and comfort with luggage storage and showers, and 4 Internet terminals (charge). Surrounded by a large garden area and a solarium you find the outdoor saltwater pool (heated in winter by solar panels) with separate children's pool and outdoor playground, sun loungers and parasols. Just beside the pool area you have a Snack bar with free Wi-Fi connection were you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks. It also features 2 restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can choose between international themed buffet and a la carte service. (Free Wi-Fi) The complex also offers installations to play Mini-Golf, Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Petanque (free of charge) And 2 Paddle-tennis-courts (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Rosa Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise