Plus points: I have to say that the activities at the Santa Rosa were excellent, my daughter had a blast! There was always something to do, no way could children be bored here.The staff worked very hard entertaining their guests.
The grounds were well maintained, and I have to say beautiful.
The pool is a great size, you did get used to how cold and salty it was very quickly, the maintenance guy was also the life guard, so we always felt safe.
Santa Rosa is in a quiet area, a 20 min walk or 3.50 euro taxi ride to the centre of the resort which we loved.
Bad points:You have to get up very early to nab sunbeds together. If you left it any later than 9am then it was a day at the beach (which wasnt a bad thing). You couldnt get beds in the shade for love nor money. You had to be up before 7am if you needed some shade!
The rooms were very clean, however I agree with other reviews that air-con was a great miss. You could hire a fan from reception, but the cost they wanted could buy you 3 from Argos, a total rip off.
I felt our bedroom furniture could have been changed around so that we didnt have to move a bed every time we wanted to get into our wardrobe.
The bathroom, though spotless always had a faint smell of sewage which wasnt pleasant especially in 35 degrees heat.
We were self catering so cant really comment on the restaurant, but we did order food from the pool bar once - horrible!
In summary - a very good choice for families, but remember this place is only 3 stars and you do get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and Resort The apartment complex is located in Costa Teguise 350m to the beach of Playa Bastian. The town centre is only 1 km away, the capital in 6 km and to the airport only 12 km. The Santa Rosa is perfect for relaxed family holidays and now it is also your destination for a sport and active accommodation. Always thinking on the families it offers a complete entertainment program for children , 1500m2 leisure center with a Indoor Children Playground, ball pond, soft play area with slides, climbs, bridges, face painting, football, play-station, television room, (free of charge) pool table and as well as an professional Brunswick 10 pin bowing alley with 4 tracks .(Charge) The new Sports Center, opened in May 2013, offers you a wide range of sport facilities, a heated indoor semi Olympic pool of 25 meters and one heated 6x6m pool for children and rehabilitation. It also provides a fully equipped Gym with the newest equipment, Fitness room, spinning-bikes, personal trainer, classes of yoga, TRX and much more. To relax after sportive activities you can enjoy the Sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath and sport massage. (Charge) The Sports Center can be used for a small fee for Clients of the Hotel. Accommodation-Apartments 1 bedroom apartments are distributed in a separate bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with safe (for rent), bathroom with tub / shower, living room with sofa-bed of an individual place, telephone and satellite TV. A fully equipped kitchen with 2 cooking hobs, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster. The balcony or terrace has furniture. The family apartments offer the same facilities but with 2-bedrooms and 4 single beds, 2 per room. Santa Rosa has rooms and facilities for disabled guests. (Under request) Please, contact Santa Rosa if you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, etc. Upon arrival. During the stay the cleaning of the apartments is done 5 times per week, with 3 changes of towels per week and 1 change of linen every 5 days. Facilities and Service The reception remains open 24 hours for your safety and comfort with luggage storage and showers, and 4 Internet terminals (charge). Surrounded by a large garden area and a solarium you find the outdoor saltwater pool (heated in winter by solar panels) with separate children's pool and outdoor playground, sun loungers and parasols. Just beside the pool area you have a Snack bar with free Wi-Fi connection were you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks. It also features 2 restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can choose between international themed buffet and a la carte service. (Free Wi-Fi) The complex also offers installations to play Mini-Golf, Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Petanque (free of charge) And 2 Paddle-tennis-courts (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Rosa Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise