After changing to a bungalow (were given a room in apartment block which on first impressions was nice but a lot of road noise and bedroom windows opened up to a main hallway so not safe at all)we were pleased with our apartment,however not much storage space for 3 people.
Now for the real negative which anyone researching this hotel will know, no AIr CONDITIONING or ceiling fans meant in July we all struggled to sleep. Everyone we spoke to had similar issues, if like us you want to go and feel relaxed and energised on your holiday then go somewhere else. The lack of sleep was affecting everyone not just us, the hard beds do not help. Nor does the thin piece of foam they expect your kids to sleep on.apparently you can ask for a campbed however in July these are limited.
I did not find reception staff friendly, they never said acknowledged us once, nor did they tell us any helpful information other than where our room was.
Great complex,good kids club, lots to keep kids amused including free mini golf and a cheap bowling,fab pool bar and the hotel is a great size, not too big and has a good community feel to it.
food on half board was average, like most places very bland although mexican night was the highlight.if you enjoy good food then go self catering costa teguise is full of fab restaurants all at great prices.
the evening entertainment was poor, the hotel guests get sidelined for local birthday parties.however there are plenty of places in town and round about to keep you entertained.
The town is a good 10minute walk away which could be a pain with smaller kids.Lanzarote is a lovely island and very cheap for tourists.
We had a great holiday and met some wonderful people, however the sleep quality really lets this place down so would not return on this basis which is a shame as it has lots of positives. Special mention to rosemary who is worth her weight in gold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and Resort The apartment complex is located in Costa Teguise 350m to the beach of Playa Bastian. The town centre is only 1 km away, the capital in 6 km and to the airport only 12 km. The Santa Rosa is perfect for relaxed family holidays and now it is also your destination for a sport and active accommodation. Always thinking on the families it offers a complete entertainment program for children , 1500m2 leisure center with a Indoor Children Playground, ball pond, soft play area with slides, climbs, bridges, face painting, football, play-station, television room, (free of charge) pool table and as well as an professional Brunswick 10 pin bowing alley with 4 tracks .(Charge) The new Sports Center, opened in May 2013, offers you a wide range of sport facilities, a heated indoor semi Olympic pool of 25 meters and one heated 6x6m pool for children and rehabilitation. It also provides a fully equipped Gym with the newest equipment, Fitness room, spinning-bikes, personal trainer, classes of yoga, TRX and much more. To relax after sportive activities you can enjoy the Sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath and sport massage. (Charge) The Sports Center can be used for a small fee for Clients of the Hotel. Accommodation-Apartments 1 bedroom apartments are distributed in a separate bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with safe (for rent), bathroom with tub / shower, living room with sofa-bed of an individual place, telephone and satellite TV. A fully equipped kitchen with 2 cooking hobs, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster. The balcony or terrace has furniture. The family apartments offer the same facilities but with 2-bedrooms and 4 single beds, 2 per room. Santa Rosa has rooms and facilities for disabled guests. (Under request) Please, contact Santa Rosa if you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, etc. Upon arrival. During the stay the cleaning of the apartments is done 5 times per week, with 3 changes of towels per week and 1 change of linen every 5 days. Facilities and Service The reception remains open 24 hours for your safety and comfort with luggage storage and showers, and 4 Internet terminals (charge). Surrounded by a large garden area and a solarium you find the outdoor saltwater pool (heated in winter by solar panels) with separate children's pool and outdoor playground, sun loungers and parasols. Just beside the pool area you have a Snack bar with free Wi-Fi connection were you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks. It also features 2 restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can choose between international themed buffet and a la carte service. (Free Wi-Fi) The complex also offers installations to play Mini-Golf, Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Petanque (free of charge) And 2 Paddle-tennis-courts (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Rosa Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise