Just returned from a 6 week holiday in Santa Rosa appartments. First of all, the staff were a credit to the hotel. The cleaning staff were friendly, and appeared happy in their work. The bungalow we were in (1057) was cleaned regularly and the beds changed about twice a week. Nothing seemed to be any trouble to them. Pool bar staff, were friendly and we were treated daily to the free cabaret, courtesy of Janine! The restaurant staff, were polite & friendly. Tables were cleared of used dishes quickly. This made for the smooth running of the restaurant. Reception staff were happy to help, we dealt with Maxime for most of our stay(just the way shifts turned out) she was pleasant, helpful and made us feel welcome. Garden staff worked hard to keep the hotel grounds looking pristine. Next, the accommodation. We were in a 1 bed bungalow, the first thing we would recommend is, if you are staying for longer than 2 weeks, bring some coat hangers from home. There were only a few in the wardrobe, although the cleaning lady gave us some more. They are plastic ones, and more suitable for children-size clothing than for adult. There was plenty of room in the wardrobe, with hanging space on top, and 2shelves below. Not any drawers, apart from 1 small one below the mirror. There was a bedside table between beds. There is a safe in the bedroom which you can hire. there is no air-con. but being January/February we didn't need it! The kitchen was basic, with crockery and cutlery for 3 people. Pots & pans, kettle & microwave. To get you started, I would recommend bringing a few sachets of salt/pepper and some tea/coffee. There is also a fridge. There is a tv in the living area with BBC/ITV/Ch4 amongst others. There is a laundry to the left of the restaurant, with a washing machine 5€ & tumble dryer 4€. The machine spin dried the clothes well, but due to the sunshine, we didn't need to use the dryer. (Soap powder & fabric cond. not required as its incorporated in the wash) there is a bowling alley, tennis court and snooker table, along with the pools. Free WiFi in the poolbar & bowling alley. There are 4pcs in the reception area, at 1€ for 20mins.There are plenty of books to choose from in the reception area. They change regularly, as guests read them, then take them back. There is also a gym & sauna.The meals were very palatable but get a bit repetitive. (Bring your own tea bags/coffee as there are different types of tea bags, but it's difficult to tell which one is normal breakfast tea.) There are about 5 wee cats going around. All well behaved, and like attention.
Outwith the complex there is a cafe/bar called Steptoe's, from there you can 'phone the UK for 10mins for 2€, a good bargain if you don't want to take a mobile with you. There are a couple of supermarkets nearby. There is a great newsagents next to the Coronas Playas hotel, which buys & sells 2nd hand books, again, great if you don't have a Kindle, and don't want to lug books with you. There is a great selection and books to suit all tastes. Walking into the town is nicer going along the seafront, or you can stick to the main road. It's about a 20-30min stroll. Next to the Sausalito restaurant is a 2nd hand shop, Costa Less, They also sell off part-used bottles of shampoo/shaving gel/sunscreen etc. for about 50c. Great if you run out, with only a couple of days of your holiday left. There are plenty of bars/cafes nearby, with reasonably priced food. Most of the bars show sport, but there is an American diner next to The Monkey Bar, which showed 60s music videos. Very enjoyable if you're a fan. Along the seafront, there are some bright yellow exercise machines, great fun for the not-so-serious fitness fan! There are also tours to go on, to Puerto del Carmen/Arecife amongst others. There is the Sunday market, up in the hills (buses run there and back for only a few euros.) We would recommend the Santa Rosa apartments, for value for money, it can hardly be beaten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and Resort The apartment complex is located in Costa Teguise 350m to the beach of Playa Bastian. The town centre is only 1 km away, the capital in 6 km and to the airport only 12 km. The Santa Rosa is perfect for relaxed family holidays and now it is also your destination for a sport and active accommodation. Always thinking on the families it offers a complete entertainment program for children , 1500m2 leisure center with a Indoor Children Playground, ball pond, soft play area with slides, climbs, bridges, face painting, football, play-station, television room, (free of charge) pool table and as well as an professional Brunswick 10 pin bowing alley with 4 tracks .(Charge) The new Sports Center, opened in May 2013, offers you a wide range of sport facilities, a heated indoor semi Olympic pool of 25 meters and one heated 6x6m pool for children and rehabilitation. It also provides a fully equipped Gym with the newest equipment, Fitness room, spinning-bikes, personal trainer, classes of yoga, TRX and much more. To relax after sportive activities you can enjoy the Sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath and sport massage. (Charge) The Sports Center can be used for a small fee for Clients of the Hotel. Accommodation-Apartments 1 bedroom apartments are distributed in a separate bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with safe (for rent), bathroom with tub / shower, living room with sofa-bed of an individual place, telephone and satellite TV. A fully equipped kitchen with 2 cooking hobs, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster. The balcony or terrace has furniture. The family apartments offer the same facilities but with 2-bedrooms and 4 single beds, 2 per room. Santa Rosa has rooms and facilities for disabled guests. (Under request) Please, contact Santa Rosa if you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, etc. Upon arrival. During the stay the cleaning of the apartments is done 5 times per week, with 3 changes of towels per week and 1 change of linen every 5 days. Facilities and Service The reception remains open 24 hours for your safety and comfort with luggage storage and showers, and 4 Internet terminals (charge). Surrounded by a large garden area and a solarium you find the outdoor saltwater pool (heated in winter by solar panels) with separate children's pool and outdoor playground, sun loungers and parasols. Just beside the pool area you have a Snack bar with free Wi-Fi connection were you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks. It also features 2 restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can choose between international themed buffet and a la carte service. (Free Wi-Fi) The complex also offers installations to play Mini-Golf, Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Petanque (free of charge) And 2 Paddle-tennis-courts (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Rosa Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise