First trip to Lanzarote and we picked these apartments due to great reviews here on Tripadvisor. Travelled with my wife and three daughters, twin girls aged 5 and my other daughter aged 3.
I'll start with all the positives....as other reviews have already said the complex is immaculately clean. We had a two room apartment which was clean tidy and very spacious. Hob, fridge, kettle and microwave. We had taken a blow up bed for our youngest but needn't have worried as a put-up bed had been erected in one of the bedrooms with the existing twin beds...perfect for our girls. Sometimes you arrive in an apartment and immediately know its going to be a good holiday!
We were staying half board, the breakfasts were simply awesome. And I can be quite picky. On offer was the usual selection of continental offerings. Usually a choice of cold meats, cheese and various fresh fruit. Alongside this was the hot selection, sausages, beans, scrambled egg, tomato etc. On the hot plate a chef was grilling bacon, frying eggs and cooking fresh pancakes to order. The chefs were more than willing to cook the bacon and fry the eggs to your liking. My girls loved the pancakes. Usually there was a choice of four different breads, croissants and other patisseries. Hot chocolate, tea and coffee and fruit juice also. Needless to say I didn't here one complaint about the breakfasts.
The evening meals were the usual offerings, to be fair they were quite varied and they were obviously making a lot of effort. If I were to return I think we would stay b&b as we prefer trying the local restaurants and more variety.
The kids entertainment was excellent thanks to the hotel entertainer Rose, she was superb and really put in a lot of hard work to make the childrens activities fun and varied. On site was a six lane bowling alley and an indoor childrens soft-play area which was free to residents. The kids loved this.
On to the only negative...the pool. The pool was clean and plenty big enough but it was absolutely freezing and was saltwater. The story goes that the gas heating system for the pool was too expensive and had been replaced by solar heating. Unfortunately the solar heating didn't work, we heard they were returning to gas heating but not until next year!!! But this is just what we heard from another holidaymaker and not from the hotel itself.
I was happy to brave the pool and so was my oldest, but my other two children didn't enter the pool once. They do have a paddling pool for the younger children and mine made plenty of use of that.
We had an apartment facing the pool and the children's outdoor play area was right outside our apartment which was perfect for the kids.
If the negative comments I have written about the pool aren't a concern to you then these apartments really are superb value for money and the breakfasts are excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and Resort The apartment complex is located in Costa Teguise 350m to the beach of Playa Bastian. The town centre is only 1 km away, the capital in 6 km and to the airport only 12 km. The Santa Rosa is perfect for relaxed family holidays and now it is also your destination for a sport and active accommodation. Always thinking on the families it offers a complete entertainment program for children , 1500m2 leisure center with a Indoor Children Playground, ball pond, soft play area with slides, climbs, bridges, face painting, football, play-station, television room, (free of charge) pool table and as well as an professional Brunswick 10 pin bowing alley with 4 tracks .(Charge) The new Sports Center, opened in May 2013, offers you a wide range of sport facilities, a heated indoor semi Olympic pool of 25 meters and one heated 6x6m pool for children and rehabilitation. It also provides a fully equipped Gym with the newest equipment, Fitness room, spinning-bikes, personal trainer, classes of yoga, TRX and much more. To relax after sportive activities you can enjoy the Sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath and sport massage. (Charge) The Sports Center can be used for a small fee for Clients of the Hotel. Accommodation-Apartments 1 bedroom apartments are distributed in a separate bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with safe (for rent), bathroom with tub / shower, living room with sofa-bed of an individual place, telephone and satellite TV. A fully equipped kitchen with 2 cooking hobs, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster. The balcony or terrace has furniture. The family apartments offer the same facilities but with 2-bedrooms and 4 single beds, 2 per room. Santa Rosa has rooms and facilities for disabled guests. (Under request) Please, contact Santa Rosa if you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, etc. Upon arrival. During the stay the cleaning of the apartments is done 5 times per week, with 3 changes of towels per week and 1 change of linen every 5 days. Facilities and Service The reception remains open 24 hours for your safety and comfort with luggage storage and showers, and 4 Internet terminals (charge). Surrounded by a large garden area and a solarium you find the outdoor saltwater pool (heated in winter by solar panels) with separate children's pool and outdoor playground, sun loungers and parasols. Just beside the pool area you have a Snack bar with free Wi-Fi connection were you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks. It also features 2 restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can choose between international themed buffet and a la carte service. (Free Wi-Fi) The complex also offers installations to play Mini-Golf, Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Petanque (free of charge) And 2 Paddle-tennis-courts (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Rosa Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise