Just got back last night after a weeks stay at the Santa Rosa Apts.
Before I start I should point out that I am a younger version of Victor Meldrew so bear that in mind lol.
We chose these apartments based on what I had read here on Tripadvisor about all the complexes available in Costa Teguise and I would definitely say that they were by far the nicest we saw whilst walking about. There weren't many others I would have booked in future if I were to go back having now seen some of them, but thats a generality as I guess I was judging based on what I could only see externally, so dont be put off by any others you look at on the net.
We were allocated a 1 Bed Bungalow (1004) which was only 50 yards from reception, handy for getting in and out, not that anywhere was ridiculously far away assuming your even semi fit or able bodied.The downside being the majority of people walk past you on the way to their own apt, I like my privacy but didn't find it too bad in truth. The apartment was tiled throughout, twin beds,tv & phone,kitchen had 2hobs, microwave,toaster,kettle, fridge, all you would need self catering although we ate out every night. Cleaner comes in 5 times a week which for us was a bit overkill but I guess if you have a family it may be needed more, I can't fault the effort though, better too clean than not at all.
I wont go on about all the other facilities as there's plenty of mention in other posts about the pool, pool bar and restaraunt etc, other than to say they were all perfectly adequate to meet most peoples needs, we didnt eat in the restaraunt but the guy in the next apartment to us raved about it as they were staying half board.
The quality of food in Costa Teguise was in general a bit disappointing I found, Im pretty fussy so like my steak pie, pasta bolognese, chicken and chips etc, all pretty boring stuff, but even I found the blandness and low quality of most things being served to be pretty tasteless. In the immediate vicinity the Fishermans Inn was the best in general terms, the Hollywood sports bar does a fish and chips that looked really good (was only ever in there for a drink though), The Crown seemed pretty good for food as well (only had lunch last day before leaving), we went to The Cavern 1st night immediately after arriving and neither myself or my wife were impressed enough to go back to eat there although others seemed to like it, Steptoes gave me a rubber band spaghetti so we only ate once there. The Chinese across the road I had a Lemon Chicken which had no taste of lemon, then at the end of the meal the standard shot of honey rum came with the bill, the glass they serve it in has a "surprise" when you look into it (of the adult variety) which was ok by me but may not be for some, I heard some teenagers (15 or 16ish) by the pool saying about it as well and it seemed that they were also being served alcohol prior to that so anyone concerned just be aware. La Hacienda in the main centre was pretty good and the bloke outside trying to lure you in is full of patter. Our anniversary was on the last night and we went to the place down on the promenade (The Villa Toledo) and it was VERY good, lovely setting, good food, friendly service, should be way higher than 18 on the list of restaraunts on here, in the summer when its a bit warmer this would be a magnificent romantic restaraunt (the wind shutters were down when we were there ). The house red wine was to die for as well, best ive had in years.
There's plenty of entertainment about, Scotty Barnes at the Cavern on a Sunday was good, as was Drew (the owner) at La Vida (although dont ask him to sing Redemption Song when it's not a Friday !) but if you are going to Costa Teguise I would make a point of definitely trying to see both of those 2 if you're into a bit of live performance.
Just about everwhere the local beer (which is really nice) is 2 euro a pint, if the wife hadn't been drinking wine and gins we would have hardly spent anything, but alas she was. Costa Teguise is definitely more for couples and families than groups of single guys or girls.
Hope this hasn't been too much of a rant and been useful in some form, enjoy your holiday wherever you go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and Resort The apartment complex is located in Costa Teguise 350m to the beach of Playa Bastian. The town centre is only 1 km away, the capital in 6 km and to the airport only 12 km. The Santa Rosa is perfect for relaxed family holidays and now it is also your destination for a sport and active accommodation. Always thinking on the families it offers a complete entertainment program for children , 1500m2 leisure center with a Indoor Children Playground, ball pond, soft play area with slides, climbs, bridges, face painting, football, play-station, television room, (free of charge) pool table and as well as an professional Brunswick 10 pin bowing alley with 4 tracks .(Charge) The new Sports Center, opened in May 2013, offers you a wide range of sport facilities, a heated indoor semi Olympic pool of 25 meters and one heated 6x6m pool for children and rehabilitation. It also provides a fully equipped Gym with the newest equipment, Fitness room, spinning-bikes, personal trainer, classes of yoga, TRX and much more. To relax after sportive activities you can enjoy the Sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath and sport massage. (Charge) The Sports Center can be used for a small fee for Clients of the Hotel. Accommodation-Apartments 1 bedroom apartments are distributed in a separate bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with safe (for rent), bathroom with tub / shower, living room with sofa-bed of an individual place, telephone and satellite TV. A fully equipped kitchen with 2 cooking hobs, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster. The balcony or terrace has furniture. The family apartments offer the same facilities but with 2-bedrooms and 4 single beds, 2 per room. Santa Rosa has rooms and facilities for disabled guests. (Under request) Please, contact Santa Rosa if you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, etc. Upon arrival. During the stay the cleaning of the apartments is done 5 times per week, with 3 changes of towels per week and 1 change of linen every 5 days. Facilities and Service The reception remains open 24 hours for your safety and comfort with luggage storage and showers, and 4 Internet terminals (charge). Surrounded by a large garden area and a solarium you find the outdoor saltwater pool (heated in winter by solar panels) with separate children's pool and outdoor playground, sun loungers and parasols. Just beside the pool area you have a Snack bar with free Wi-Fi connection were you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks. It also features 2 restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can choose between international themed buffet and a la carte service. (Free Wi-Fi) The complex also offers installations to play Mini-Golf, Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Petanque (free of charge) And 2 Paddle-tennis-courts (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Rosa Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise