1,441 results
All reviews vanity room heated pool building work self catering bars and restaurants central location fantastic location ground floor plenty of sunbeds bad reviews a bit tired reception staff are apartment was clean great holiday english channels sea front every other day
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2016

Costa Teguise is a lovely little town with great places to eat, some lovely shops, nice clean beaches and friendly locals. All of this is within a few minutes walk from Oasis Lanz, so it's in a fantastic location!
On arrival, first impressions were great! Modern, clean, fresh smelling reception area. Our room was in the middle of changeover, so was not ready, but that was ok, we had 2 hours to kill to go and explore. The 2 pools and garden areas were very well maintained....palm trees and cactus dotted around the area, it really did look like an "Oasis!"
Our room was finally ready, so we were given a map and made our way off to our apartment. Noticing we were on the 3rd floor, we looked up and our hearts sank when we saw the curtains were having off the rail, not a great start. On opening the door, things just got worse, there was a catalogue of problems. The floor had hair on it from the previous occupant. There was plugs not attached to the wall properly. The cupboard door to the bin was hanging off. The enamel had come off the bath and the bottom was grey, with rust dripping down from the taps. The ceiling fan blades in the bedroom were caked in thick dust. The bedroom window was not fitted properly and constantly rattled in the wind. But worst of all.......the bedsheets were stained. And this room was meant to of been cleaned! So back down to reception I went, I asked to be moved because the room was disgusting, but no other rooms were available, and the receptionist told me that all the rooms were pretty much the same anyway! For what I payed for this holiday, I didn't expect luxury, but I did expect somewhere clean and comfortable. The cleaners were sent back to the room, and we walked in halfway through and the beds were stripped bare......this was good, at least we'd have clean sheets! On inspection later, yes the sheets were changed, but the manky green covers were still the same dirty stained ones as before! Unbelievable! It's a shame, because this hotel is in a great position, the outside areas are great.....but the rooms seriously let it down! I'd return to Costa Teguise, but unfortunately not to the Oasis Lanz.

2  Thank LisaSian35
Kim S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Lanz Beach Mate, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2016

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for feedback.
We are very sorry to hear that you had cause to complain and your comments have been discussed with the housekeeping department so that we can make improvements in this area. A major refurbishment of the rooms is planned which will address the issues you have raised so we hope that you consider returning in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel 18th July 2016. The outside of the hotel looks lovely and the pools are ok. But the problem I had with this hotel was the rooms are not updated the kitchen looked like they were going to fall off. Cockroaches were running around the room and no plug sockets were working only one I had working was on the balcony and the light switches chose when they wanted to work. I also felt disappointing was I asked about having a late check out as my flight wasn't til on the night time they told me to ask the day before leaving when I did go there they said no which was annoying when I had a child with me. The rooms spoilt my holiday as I didn't feel comfortable to relax.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank chrissie_1986_12
Kim S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Lanz Beach Mate, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. The resort will always try to accommodate guests that request late checkouts but if they have no late arrival confirmations as was the case, then they cannot offer this service. if your room was due to occupy again, then they obviously need to prepare for the next guest. We would hope that you reported the problems with the sockets to the maintenance department during your stay but we will discuss your comments with them to ensure that any necessary repairs were made.
The Oasis lanz

Reviewed August 8, 2016

apartment was somewhat tired furniture wise, sofa bed mended with tape, no adult could sleep in it as the slats kept coming off the metal frame. This led to daily squabbles from my children over who got a turn in the single bed and which two had to sleep together in the sofa bed. Kitchen furnished well and quite adequate for our needs. Pool was enjoyed by all of us during our stay to the point one of my daughters would spend over 4 hours in it!. The gardens and reception were always clean, staff always helpful and wore a friendly smile.Located in a perfect place, town center over the road, supermarkets, all other amenities within a walks distance. Beach only a short walk away too. I would strongly suggest that money be spent on better air conditioning as our room 124 had a ceiling fan which when on swayed about on it's own! I was waiting for it to fall from the ceiling..
We never ate in the hotel restaurant as food in the bars, pubs and cafe's in town were cheaper. The drinks were reasonable and my girls enjoyed the slush. If you want a lovely friendly central place to stay in Lanzarote I recommend it here. I'd stay here again but would request better room. Hotel has a policy on no pre-selection of sunbeds, sadly this is not policed and there was hardly ever a lifeguard on duty around the pool.
Overall we loved it and will return in a few years time. Thank you to all the staff who were very welcoming and always helpful. Ellen.

Room tip: our room was located directly opposite the pool which was for us brilliant
1  Thank Wolfette74

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive holiday experience on the resort. We will be soon embarking on a major refurbishment program so some of the points you have raised will be addressed.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 7, 2016

Very nice place, could do with a few more sun beds and better internet connections but apart from that the place was fairly clean and perfect for the price. The location is perfect. It is a little oasis right next to the main strip. Peaceful and quiet and then you can step into a busier lifestyle. Best of both worlds. Several superb beaches just a short walk away. Plenty of great restaurants in Coata Teguise and the Aqua Park is only a short walk inland.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Kim S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Lanz Beach Mate, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the resort.
We look forward to see you on site again some time in the near future.

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

My family & I have just had a wonderful 10 days staying in these apartments. Yes the room's furniture was a little tired but was perfectly usable. There were also little maintenance touch ups needed but nothing major & nothing to ruin my stay. I stayed on the pull out sofa bed while my kids had the bedroom & I didn't have one bad nights sleep. It was the biggest & best equipped self-catering apartment I've stayed in (never had a cooker or a microwave before!). It was very clean when we arrived & was cleaned 3 times while we were there. The pools were great & cleaned every day. The foliage planted around the grounds were lovely & well kept. For the price paid I cannot fault the place. I would happily stay there again...I don't understand the negative reviews, unless expectations were too high! The location was brilliant for shops, restaurants & bars however the noise at the apartment was minimal (even with mine backing onto the road). The actual resort of Costa Teguise was brilliant, everything you need for your evening with being relaxed at the same time. I would definitely look into going again, keeping these apartments to stay in in mind.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank LaliMH
Kim S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Lanz Beach Mate, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that the accommodation and resort met your expectations.
We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.