We have been going to Costa Teguise for almost 20 years and in that tome have stayed at several complexes including staying at the Oasis Lanz on 7 previous occasions but we have never experienced anything like this stay before.
We booked several week ago and was offered H/B basis.
We arrived at reception and was asked to pay 100 euro bond!!!!
No warning of this bond and completely unexpected. My husband and myself are in our 50's and both have mobility problems....not exactly the type of tourist who is going to wreck the room.
The room we was given was one of the room that was badly in need of refurbishing and really should not be being rented out until it is made safe and hygienic
The room was so damp and dirty it was beyond description. the fixture and fitting where not even worth 100 euros.
If you wanted to watch the outdated TV you have to pay extra for that and even then you had to spot the British channel. Luckily I don't go on holiday to watch the TV so this did not affect me but for those that do be aware that when one gentleman complained that he had paid for 24 hour TV and it had gone off at 10am before the 24hours was up he was informed that it did go off at 10am and come back on at 4 after the cleaners had finished??
My concern was what cleaners where they talking about because they sure did not clean our room and from the evidence of what we found under our bed they had not cleaned the room form quite some time. I found a magazine that was from December. the 'cleaner' did come in to the room twice whilst we was there. and shook the bedding but she never even empty the bins or sweep or mop the floor. My bedding was torn and bobbly and very uncomfortable.
The mould growing on the kitchen wall made me glad we had opted for H/B until I realised that they did not really cater for H/B residents.
The Breakfast was self-service. It was the same everyday. fried egg, bacon sausage and beans.
The evening meal was a joke.
Thursday it was Chicken curry or spaghetti bolognese....we eat out.
Sat.......Lasagne followed by chocolate cake....not bad
Sun....Irish stew or fish and chips.....we eat out
Mon... TAPAS....not bad had better
Tuesday......Chicken Wrap!!!!!!!!! I was given a bread basket filled with chicken curry....I went hungry
Wed....fish and chips.....we eat out
So much for the H/B. Usually when we go H/B we have starters and and sweets.....no such luxury here.
We had the obligatory visit from Larry the "holiday club rep" trying to introduce us to invest into the holiday club......as if....That was the funniest part of the holiday. I discussed with him the room we was in. he was in the room at the time and looked at the mould and we still never got offered a move. The waitress was very nice and I am sure quite embarrassed when she had to explain what our meal choices where.
We are so lucky that we know the island and Costa Teguise and I feel sorry for anyone who has experience Oasis Lanz for their first visit to the island as I am sure it will put them off returning. Each morning we had to listen to the reps introducing their next "victim" to the holiday club and really wanted to offer them a look at what we had endured for the week. I would love to of seen the 'show room'
I paid for internet connection for the week but it was very unreliable but all the surrounding bars and complexes have free WiFi and do not mind if you go to use it and you do not have to pay extra for the pass word.. Oasis Lanz appears to be all about how many hidden extras we can charge and how little can we give back. They have cut so many corners they have made Oasis Lanz a complex that I recommend everyone to give a wide berth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis Lanz Club Lanzarote is situated in the heart of Costa Teguise, the ever popular destination for tourists and holiday-makers. The resort is conveniently located in a very central position in the town and is only a 10 minute drive to Arrecife, the capital city of Lanzarote.Oasis Lanz Club is a tranquil resort, perfect for a relaxing and rejuvenating break. The hotel complex houses 98 one bedroom apartments, 18 two bedroom apartments and 15 two bedroom suites, all set amidst well tended, lush tropical gardens. All apartments benefit from a private balcony or terrace with table and chairs so that you may dine outside or relax with a cocktail or two.All apartments are fully equipped for self-catering and feature an oven, hob, fridge freezer, and microwave, plus all the utensils, cutlery and tableware you would need to cook a meal inside the apartment. There is a convenience store within walking distance and the main shopping centre is a very short taxi-ride away.Oasis Lanz Club is perfectly situated in a central location and is surrounded by cafes, bars and restaurants of all descriptions serving foods from all over Europe. The nightlife in Costa Teguise is laid back in nature so you can rest assured that you will not be disturbed by late night music. That said, there are a few discotheques to be found locally, and a plethora of themed pubs and bars. Those in pursuit of a more lively night scene may want to try an evening in the capital of Arrecife, where the action takes place on José Antonio Street, or book an excursion to the inland town of Teguise where you will find a unique development and tourist attraction called ‘LagOmar’ which houses ‘La Cueva Bar’ – a bar built into a real cave.The white sand beach, Playa Jablillo, is just 100 yards from the complex and is easily accessible by foot. Lanzarote boasts some of the most stunning beaches in Europe, and the beaches of Costa Teguise are no exception. There are other beautiful beaches to explore in the area, most notably Playa Cucharas, a beach frequented by windsurfers and Playa Bastian which is shielded from the high winds and preferred by families. The beaches of Costa Teguise are a treat for lovers of watersports, and several windsurfing schools are dotted along the coast for those wishing to try their hand.Costa Teguise has activities and excursions for all ages, and is also home to the only waterpark on Lanzarote, Aqua Lanza where you can join in the fun on rides such as the Kamikaze, or whizz around on the high-speed River Slide. A must-do excursion for little kids and big kids alike! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oasis Lanz Beach Mate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Lanz Club Hotel Costa Teguise
- Oasis Lanz Hotel
- Oasis Lanz Costa Teguise
- Oasis Lanz Beach Mate Lanzarote/Costa Teguise