All reviews pool bar central location self catering bars and restaurants every other day good size studio apartment apartments are clean your doorstep ground floor turn right thomas cook fantastic location hot plate reception staff door step pool view
Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Oceano Apparetments in April 2016 as a last minute booking as we had a summer holiday already booked and planned.

So initially, we booked on the recommendations from everyone on here, the positives that it was clean and spacious and close to bars and restaurants. These were all the things we wanted to hear.

Arrived and was met by a friendly gentleman at reception that helped us with out room which was on the ground floor facing the pool. Now where do I start.

We unpacked and got our stuff together and headed out for a walk to get our bearings, about 3-4hours later we returned to our room. Having searched in the cupboard for the cups I noticed a large 7-10cm COCKROACHE sitting looking at me, I was startled and jumped. Unable to find it again I went to reception to inform them of this... No problem we'll sort that out. So again we left for the night to get something to eat for dinner and upon returning we were fumigated ourselves you could hardly breath fresh area, the carcinogens were sky rocketing and also noticed two dead COCKROACHES and thought great job. We got ready for bed, when suddenly we noticed another COCKROACHE on the ceiling. Using bug spray that was sorted, I returned to the reception to explain this and he said that that should be it. Unable to settle with the amount and reading that the fridge is the common location for COCKROACHES I went behind the fridge, low and behold more COCKROACHES came from behind!!

This tipped me over the edge and asked to be moved, it was explained that there was no where else we could go, I explained it wasn't one occasion, two, three... This wasn't normal, so eventually we were given a first floor room at the back of the hotel, anything that night was better than the previous room... Or so we thought. We got a room above a private owned bar, THE BULLDOG, this pub at the time opened for about 4-5 regular customers as we went down to see one night why in God's name did they require the music to be so loud at night.

THE BULLDOG, its seems to have karaoke or some amateur show on every night and then on Sundays, Tuesday and Thursday I think it was has a drag queen karaoke show, this is literally the loudest karaoke you'll hear in the world, I can still hear it now I'm home. It's impossible to sleep while it's on, we went to the pharmacy close by to buy ear plugs which helped with the job.

So bar the COCKROACHES and THE BULLDOG, the hotel is ok for what you pay, the beds uncomfortable but is a bed, my wife resorting to sleeping on the pull out bed. The kitchen utensils minimal but did the job. The pool was freezing cold and no one went near it. The bar was dead.

So our final night, and as many others have mentioned you have a paper thin walls... We had the fortune of being adjacent to a mother and we presume a young child, the mother enjoyed drinking and would make alot of noise... Vomiting and coughing, but this night she arrived home and was hammering the door and screaming the place down, this went on for about 20minites, she then left and came back for another 20minites of battering every door in the place screaming through the door. Paused again and then as I turn over to sleep I notice alot of jigging going on at my door... A man entered without knocking or asking himself in, walked in and thought it ok to access her adjourning door and open it to access their room to open it... Where was the master key card to get in her room, this scared the crap out of us and we couldn't sleep for hours after. To be fair we were given a complementary bottle of champagne to say sorry.

So upon leaving, our good old friend COCKROACHE decided to come pay a found fairwell, this COUCHROACH appeared to live in between the cracks in the broken cupboards. We were glad we were going.

This place had excellent ££ rates and is reasonably clean and tidy but I don't think that they should be totally excused for not sorting the COCKROACHE issue out, they certainly dont help minimise the problem. Open lid bins, leaking taps, broken furniture, gaps under doors etc etc. Would I stay again no, would I recommend no, would I recommend Porta Teguise yes.

PS I'm convinced I've posted on this page before and has been removed or I didn't complete it.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fearghal324
Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

Just come back from a 2 week stay here, the apartment is just what you need. Beds where comfortable good little kitchen area to make little snacks and breakfast. Had our own patio with sun lounges on them. The pool is a nice size yes it's a little cold when you first get in but lovely when you get used to it..... Pool bar debs dinner is great lovely food and drinks to cool off in the hot weather.... The apartment is ideally located with just a short walk to the square, you have the lively bars to your left and the main bars and restaurants to your right plenty we missed you are just a short walk from the lovely beach where you can snorkel and feed the fish and another short walk to the other main beach. I would go again here in a heart beat :)

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shanencheryl15062012
Reviewed September 19, 2016

These apartments are basic and far from 4 star however they are clean, spacious and in an ideal location for the beach, shops and restaurants. Everything you could need is within a 2/5 min walk. We had a few niggles with our room which were sorted out quickly. A cleaner came in every 2 days to change the beds and provide clean towels (I agree with previous reviews that these have seen better days!). We had a room on the first floor which meant we could sleep with the patio doors open. We ate a few times at Debs Diner and whilst the food there was ok there are lots of other places down by the seafront which we found offered a friendlier service. There are a few things which could be improved however we would book again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Room 121 above the pool bar has two very squeaky beds (!) If you like a quiet room then maybe pick somewhere further along
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

As people have said the studios are basic but clean, beds were comfy. Debs diner was great, reasonable prices.
We had a few issues first was our door key stopped working, informed reception and was sorted immediately, we had a few uninvited visitors in the bathroom (cockroaches) again informed reception who said they would deal with it while we were out, they did and we didn't see any for the rest of our holiday. Lastly we hired the safe which decided to lock us out of it, so again informed reception, informed us it would be about 1.5 hours as they had to call someone out, we had a couple of drinks in debs diner and all was sorted within the time given.

Could not fault the service and the staff were very friendly. The complex was perfect for us and situated ideally for bars restaurants and the beach. The only thing I would say needs improvement are the towels have seen better days and more sun beds are needed.
We would definitely recommend and intend to return ourselves

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lcindyd
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

For August we got an excellent deal and I wasn't expecting much on arrival based on some of the reviews, however we had a great holiday. You do get what you pay for so if you want 5* you will have to pay for it and stay elsewhere.

Basic apartments that are cleaned every other day to a very high standard, the maids work extremely hard and are very friendly as were all the staff.

We had a leak in our room one night but reception staff attended straight away and turned the water off till the maintenance guy arrived the following day to sort it out.

Reception is not 24 hours but there is an emergency number to call if you need, which we never did as the property can only be accessed at night by a key card which I quite liked. We arrived late at night so I had emailed them before to advise of this and was given a number to ring when we landed so someone could meet us there on arrival.

The pool was great and we never had an issue with sun beds.

Deb's diner does great food and drinks and we often had lunch there as prices are reasonable and food was homemade and lovely.

Can be quite noisy at night till around 12ish but generally settles after this time. You can hear the neighbours through the doors but I don't think I have ever stayed anyway that I couldn't so it wasn't an issue for us.

Cockroaches are an issue but nothing a can of bug spray from the spar can't resolve but I don't think you can exterminate all the cockroaches in Lanzarote and its been a problem everywhere we've stayed in Lanzarote.

The only negatives for me was the towels which are old and worn and the heat in the apartments as it was like an oven! However apparently the fans you can hire at reception can solve this issue.

We will be returning as its a great place, its central to everything and for the price we paid it was a bargain.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family