“Perfect location”

Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Isle of Portland, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was my second stay at the Oceano and again it was a most enjoyable stay. The rooms, which have just had an overhaul, are spacious, clean and well equipped for those who like to cook during their holiday but with it being in a central position and an array of restaurants within 5mins walk i prefer to eat out. I only had i plug socket that worked unless i unplugged the TV,so it was a juggle between kettle, hotbrush and iron, but hey, it wasn't the end of the world i managed.The shops and several supermarkets are just outside the entrance and the bus stop just up the road. The pool is cleaned every morning and is just big enough for a cooling dip but no good for serious swimmers. My only critisism is the lack of shade around the pool,my last couple of days were unbearably hot as the wind died completely so a few parasols would have been greatly appreciated. The reception is open until early evenings most days and staff are very helpful, one small problem i had was fixed first thing next morning. As i spent so little time in the room it suited my needs perfectly.

Room Tip: There is'nt a lift, but there are rooms on the ground floor if you can't cope with stairs. I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank anitaportland

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Scarborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is our third visit to Oceano again we had a fabulous time. ON this occasion we were allocated a ground floor room 005 which was of a really good size, it has a huge sunny balcony with two sun loungers and is well equipped. The linen is changed twice during your stay and towels are changed every other day.

Reception team are really helpful any queries are dealt with immediately.

The accommodation is central so within easy walking distance of everything! There are plenty of delicious places to eat within 5 minutes. I would personally highly recommend Galeon Restaurant it is owned by a Spanish couple fabulous food especially the fish dishes and really reasonable prices.

Pool bar again is very friendly serving bar snacks such as toasties for 2 euros.

Thank you for yet another lovely stay .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ruth39
Coleraine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

If travelling to these apartments DONT travel with Thomas Cook especially if your flights are with Travel Services a foreign airline sub contracted by Thomas cook to supply flights and you are disabled.

On checking in at Belfast International my wife and myself were allocated seats in row 6 but when we boarded and had taken our seats a male air steward told us that we would have to be moved to separate seats as he needed our seats for a family of 3 as we had a spare seat beside us. I was moved to row 1 and my wife moved to the back of the plane . I told the steward that I was disabled and that my wife was my carer and I believe he swore at me in his own language and said that we would have to move that he did not care about us. I have severe back problems and needed pain relief medication part way through the flight. I could not get to my medication as my wife had it in her luggage and for over an hour the aisle was blocked by trolleys serving food tea and coffee. There was a language barrier between passengers and staff as their English was very poor.

Our return flight with Thomas Cook / Travel services was also a disaster with the plane being delayed for 7 hours. Travel Services in my opinion is a 5th class airline and should be avoided at all cost.

I spoke to the Thomas Cook rep on our transfer and she advised me to get a report form from our apartment rep, I did this and returned this to her. She said that someone from Thomas Cook would be in touch with me sometime within the week of us arriving home. 2 weeks later I had to ring Thomas Cook as they had not contacted me the person whom I spoke to said that someone would get back to me. A few days later I received an email from Thomas Cook saying that my complaint should be with Travel Services and not them. They have just washed their hands of it. I booked my holiday with Thomas Cook I did not book with Travel Services.

So disabled persons beware if you are travelling with Thomas Cook check who you are flying with as Thomas Cook are quite happy for disabled persons to be discriminated against.

Now for the good bit.

These apartments were absolutely perfect and had everything we needed. These apartments are fantastic and so central with everything just a few minutes walk away, it really is in the heart of everything without being too noisy. The rooms are basic but modern enough and spotless. The apartment is very spacious and has a big bathroom complete with bath tub and hairdryer also a socket for electric razors. There are 2 single beds in the room and also a comfortable Black leather which pulls out into a bed, as well as a breakfast bar which is perfect for eating at. The kitchen is fantastic and has absolutely everything you need but no microwave but you are on holiday so this shouldn't be an issue! The hotel staff are so warm and welcoming and can't do enough for you.

The pool area is small but the complex itself is quite small and intimate approx. 50 apartments . The complex is very quiet and suited to couples and retired individuals as there is not much to do for children. All areas of the hotel are very clean and it has a great atmosphere.The water is hot all day long, the rooms are cleaned towels changed every other day and if you need anything else it is all available to hire at reception at a very reasonable price. Beds are comfortable and there is plenty of wardrobe space also.

Costa Teguise is a fantastic spot if you are looking to unwind are relax. There is a beautiful energy on the island and everyone is so relaxed and friendly and due to this I would definitely return. Prices in Costa Teguise are brilliant and much cheaper than the UK, There are 3 Spars close by which provide everything you need to prepare your own meals. Eating out is relatively cheap

To sum it up this was a great holiday that provided everything we needed, if you like peace and relaxation this is the location for you. If you like luxury prepare to pay extra.

If any ones wants to ask anything specific feel free to mail me

Room Tip: Get a ground floor apartment as they have a terrace with 2 sun loungers and a table and chairs
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Coleraine2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Oceano is well located with excellent sized rooms and friendly bar staff with a pool table and table tennis and a decent swimming pool, had a good week there and the wee man who runs the pool bar was 100%, and a hustler at table tennis if you are reading this mo lol

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Reaso11
Rochdale, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We recently spent two weeks at these apartments, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The accomodation is right in the heart of town very close to the music square, but surprisingly quiet. We had a room on the third floor which had a sea view, albeit in the distance.
The rooms are quite large and have everything that you need if you want to be truly self catering. We lacked a corkscrew and after informing Nelly on reception, one arrived within 5 minutes. Can't knock the service there. My Wife needed a sun umbrella and we just spoke to Nelly or one of the maintenance guys and they would bring one straight away. Again, great service.
Mo does a good job keeping the bar, he seems to be never away from the place. Snacks are available at the bar if you don't want to go out.
There are lovely walks along the sea front which pass all the beaches. The path is reasonably flat and you can reach a beach in 5/10 minutes. You can hire 2 sunbeds and a brolly for 10 euros per day.
Everyone has different tastes, but we enjoyed the following restaurants and bars:-
Pablos - Near the music square. Food and price was ok.
Fuel Stop - On the sea front. Service, price and food very good. Good Views. Pint of Beer 1.75 euros.
Waterfront - On the sea front. Our favorite. Service and food excellent(especially the hand cut chips) Good views. Special mention to Stacey who looked after us so well.
Bacchus - On the front near the windsurfers on Playa de Las Cucharas. Very friendly staff, after a few visits would bring our drinks when they saw us coming. Pint of beer 1.20 euros. in happy hour 11.00am - 7.00pm. Food good, excellent views.
Magmas - In the corner of the music square. Drinks only, no food. Brilliant staff. Pint of beer 1.50 euros. Free entertainment most nights in the square. Word of warning, when the sun goes down it gets quite chilly, but they will loan you a blanket.
The Lighthouse - Live music every night. Good staff.
We went to the Shamrock across the road from the apartments and we were the only people in there at 8pm. The staff were not interested. Not recommended.
We enjoyed the apartments and the resort and we will be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 996AndyB
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Got back from these apartments a week ago after spending 2 weeks here. Honestly can say, such a fantastic location. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. Pools great, pool bars cheap and the staff all very friendly. Can't fault anything about this place. Costa Teguise on the whole is a great place, plenty of bars and restaurants to eat in. Everything about it was 5*****. The perfect holiday. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank chris r
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you are reading these reviews and are perhaps a little apprehensive about booking this accommodation, let me make your decision easy. This hotel was absolutely perfect and has everything you need. As many reviews state the location is fantastic it is so central and everything is just a few minutes walk away, it really is in the heart of everything without being too noisy. The rooms themselves are basic but modern enough and spotless. The apartment is very spacious and has a big bathroom complete with bath tub and hairdryer also a socket for electric razors. There are 2 single beds in the room which is standard in all the rooms, and it isn't an issue just push beds together. There is also a comfortable Black leather sofa in room . which pulls out into a bed, as well as a breakfast bar which is perfect for eating at. The kitchen is fantastic and has absolutely everything you need, yes there is no microwave but you are on holiday so this shouldn't be an issue! If you can't live without a micro you can hire one from reception. The hotel staff are so warm and welcoming and the pool bar owners (Mo & Suzannah) are genuinely lovely people that can't do enough for you. The pool bar is priced very reasonably and the food is general bar snacks but all lovely.

The pool area is small but the complex itself is quite small and intimidate and i think this adds to it's charm. The complex is very quiet and i definitely would not recommend it for singles or people with children as it is definitely more suited for couples and retired individuals as there is not much to do for children in Oceano. All areas of the hotel are very clean and it has a great atmosphere. Some of the reviews on this i think are ridiculous as the hotel is a 2* and doesn't claim to be luxury which it isn't, but it more than provides the basics for what you need on holiday. The water is hot all day long, the rooms are cleaned towels changed every other day and if you need anything else it is all available to hire at reception at a very reasonable price. Beds are comfortable and there is plenty of wardrobe space also.

This hotel in general is fantastic and if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel to sleep, wash and relax in then this is the hotel for you. If you are used to more luxurious hotels then don't bother and pay the money to go elsewhere. I personally did not find any problems with the noise levels as Costa Teguise is a very quiet resort and a lot of bars close at 12 so unless you go to bed at 9pm sleeping should not be a problem.

Costa Teguise is a fantastic spot if you are looking to unwind are relax, and definitely is not a party resort or suitable for young singletons in my opinion. There is a beautiful energy on the island and everyone is so relaxed and friendly and due to this i would definitely return. Prices in Costa Teguise are brilliant and much cheaper than the UK, You can do this holiday on a budget no problem as there are 3 Spars close by which provide everything you need to prepare your own meals. Eating out is relatively cheaper than the UK also as are local drinks (normally 1.50-2.50 a pint). The best restaurants i found were ones that weren't directly in the centre or main square. De Pasta was amazing and the best restaurant we visited, Wok Santa Rosa Chinese was also lovely (15 min walk from hotel) and Bacchus on the beach front do amazing fish dishes.

The caves and Volcanoes are worth doing as excursions, but don't book through Thomas cook instead book with lastminute they are based on the main beach front and are much cheaper. Car hire is reasonable also and worth doing as Lanzorate is quite small and easy to navigate around and the island is beautiful with amazing beaches particularly in Playa Blanca.

If any ones wants to ask anything specific feel free to mail me.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same, but if you want a pool view email ahead. Avoid el Patio & Ca...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple