I have just recently returned from the Ficus hotel after a family holiday. We arrived on a Thursday night and our first impressions were of a rather plain and dull reception area and a bar area which seemed strange by it's quietness. How wrong we were! This turned out to be the best family holiday we have ever had and we have had a few in the recent years. The food was excellent and the service superb. We were treated to a wonderful holiday. The refurbished apartments where both adequate in space and decor and all offered a wonderful pool view to the front and landscapes of the rugged volcanic Lanzarote area to the rear. Although the food was excellent, the room spacious and spotless, where the bed was changed and made almost every day and towels where in abundance there was one over riding reasoning as to why our holiday was so successful and indeed the best we have experienced. There is little doubt in any of our minds that the entertainments team at the Ficus are quite easily the best we have ever come across. Our ages ranged from sixty four down to one but diverse as this is, we all thoroughly enjoyed both the imagination and sheer hard work of Kimberley, Liam and Jordan. Their work rate was very impressive and the invention they put into some of the shows was unbelievable. The 80's show which they put on for us all was a superb evening full of songs which the adults in our party all related to and enjoyed. Apart from my son in law Jamie, the rest of my family are rather introvert but the team managed to get us all involved persuading my wife and I to enter the Mr and Mrs competition.
Life is, as always, a matter of opinion but in all honesty I find it rather strange to read some of the contributors on the site critical of the food and the rooms, if I had booked a 5 star hotel it may have been valid but we booked a Children's holiday complex, where our requirement for being entertained, wined, dined and most importantly our children and grandchildren looked after safely while being able to enjoy the great pool facilities. These requirements were totally met. Last year we went to the Oasis Village in Fuerteventura, we enjoyed it very much but preferred the size, facilities, food and atmosphere of the Ficus. All I can say to the entertainments team is from Mr and Mrs, Jamie and Mr Selfridge and the family- best of look in the future and may all your dreams come true.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Ficus is located on the beautiful island Lanzarote and is the perfect decision for a good value holiday. The sandy beach is 500 m away from the smartline Ficus and the city center of Cosat Teguise is around 300 m away. On the island are all towns easy to reach. During all meals, the smartline Ficus prepare a buffet with national and international cuisine. The smartline ice box is daily for two hours available with fruits and ice cream. Moreover, you can enjoy local spirits and soft drinks. The smartline Ficus offers many different activities. You can choose between aerobic courses or table tennis and many other activities. Furthermore, you have the possibility to play volleyball. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your smartline Ficus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ficus Costa Teguise
- Ficus Hotel Costa Teguise
- Lanzarote Ficus
- Ficus Hotel Lanzarote
- Ficus Lanzarote
- Smartline Ficus Lanzarote/Costa Teguise