We are a well travelled couple in our 60s and were disappointed in the facilities at this complex. It is geared up for family entertainment during the day around the pool and in the evening when the only bar is taken over with bingo and Butlins type fun ...which is ok if you are into that or have kids. We would have liked an alternative quieter bar to be available.
The other disappointment was the charges made for extras in your room... especially surprised to see they charged for access to the TV! A first for us anywhere in the world!
Food was good with a wide choice that should suit all palates. The drinks were all local so not that great.
We had a non-refurbished room that was just about okay but the bathroom was well overdue a refurb. I cannot work out why they have a cooker in the rooms when they do not provide any pans and it is an all inclusive complex. Very odd, especially as the refurbs also have a cooker.
The resort has the look of a once great town that is in danger of slipping downmarket. Several shops, bars and restaurants were closed up and others were very shabby. However, there are several good quality restaurants around but the majority of the bars are run by Brits with the inevitable Sky Sports in most of them.
Trips offered by Thomas Cook were very pricey and we found it much cheaper and more flexible to hire a car to visit the sights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Ficus is located on the beautiful island Lanzarote and is the perfect decision for a good value holiday. The sandy beach is 500 m away from the smartline Ficus and the city center of Cosat Teguise is around 300 m away. On the island are all towns easy to reach. During all meals, the smartline Ficus prepare a buffet with national and international cuisine. The smartline ice box is daily for two hours available with fruits and ice cream. Moreover, you can enjoy local spirits and soft drinks. The smartline Ficus offers many different activities. You can choose between aerobic courses or table tennis and many other activities. Furthermore, you have the possibility to play volleyball. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your smartline Ficus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ficus Costa Teguise
- Ficus Hotel Costa Teguise
- Lanzarote Ficus
- Ficus Hotel Lanzarote
- Ficus Lanzarote
- Smartline Ficus Lanzarote/Costa Teguise