Arrival : The reception is dated, but clean and our check in was quick and friendly. You have to pay for safes, fans, hairdryers, tvs etc for a small charge. You can have the tv for two days at 5euros or 15 euros weekly.
internet located in reception 1euro for 15mins, connection is good. NO wifi in hotel.
the toilets located in reception are smelly and water logged as people use them from the swimming pool. there are only two public toilets in whole of hotel apart from your rooms.
Rooms: Some of the doors in the older blocks are hard to get in- we struggled but once you got the knack of it, its fine.
The apartments are spacious, separate bedrooms and pull out sofa bed. balcony is a good size. there is no crockery only tea/coffee cups and glasses but is a cooker and fridge. we found the beds fairly comfy and rooms were cleaned 5/7 days. The showers aren't fantastic but did the job, there was always hot water.
Restaurant: always a fab selection of spanish and english food, staff worked extremely hard to keep the dining room tidy and clean, looks small but we always got a table.
meal times 8-10 breakfast
evening meal 7-9
snacks in between all day
food consists of salads, rice, fish, veal, chicken, chips, bread rolls, sliced meats and cheeses and a selection of desserts.
had theme nights so american, chinese and spanish.
help yourself to beer, wine and soft drinks in restaurant too.
pools : very clean, very cold when initially get in but ok once in, my 5 year old loved them. lifeguard on duty 10-6 daily.
always enough sunbeds. pool bar from 10-6.
drinks: local beer and spirits only on all inclusive- cant upgrade to named stuff. selection of vodka, gin, tequila, wine, martini, rum and beer. i personally didn't like the spirits but each to their own. beer was ok, served in half pint plastic cups.
general areas : clean and tidy- pool table, ping pong table, volley ball court and air hockey table to play. also a small park at the back of the hotel for kids.
Entertainment: Ainsley and Lindsey worked extremely hard all day to include and entertain everyone. daytime quizzes, pool games and charity days. Lots of fun and giggles, sometimes laughing at them!!!
Evening activities are ok, kids hour between 8-9 then bingo 915 til 10 and then a local act or quiz or cabaret/karaoke. could do with a refurb in the piano bar and sometimes struggled to get a table. Could do with more acts going in and a little more for kids.
bar staff worked really hard in the piano bar and tables cleaned etc quickly.
the hotel is good location, not far from town/square and nightlife. beaches are close and clean. some good bars at the end of the road- go see Alex in ferraris- he does cheap trips to the market, rancho texas and waterpark- would highly recommend as the reps can rip you off terribly!!!
the local bus is cheap and you can get anywhere on them.
there is a family of cats at the hotel- two adult black cats, 3 tabby kittens and a ginger cat who's just had 5 kittens, we fed them daily!! they do stay in the hotel and are friendly but if you don't like cats...
we didn't hear any building work apart from one day and it was minimal.
No air con.
we would return and really enjoyed our time at the ficus :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Ficus is located on the beautiful island Lanzarote and is the perfect decision for a good value holiday. The sandy beach is 500 m away from the smartline Ficus and the city center of Cosat Teguise is around 300 m away. On the island are all towns easy to reach. During all meals, the smartline Ficus prepare a buffet with national and international cuisine. The smartline ice box is daily for two hours available with fruits and ice cream. Moreover, you can enjoy local spirits and soft drinks. The smartline Ficus offers many different activities. You can choose between aerobic courses or table tennis and many other activities. Furthermore, you have the possibility to play volleyball. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your smartline Ficus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ficus Costa Teguise
- Ficus Hotel Costa Teguise
- Lanzarote Ficus
- Ficus Hotel Lanzarote
- Ficus Lanzarote
- Smartline Ficus Lanzarote/Costa Teguise