Recently returned from a 2 week stay at the Ficus from 16th to 30th December - costa teguise was very nice in itself but I would not return to the Ficus.
Food was average but the restaurant was a bit claustrophobic as none of the doors around the area were opened allowing fresh air to circulate - you do not need to go all inclusive in Lanzarote - it is very cheap to eat out!
We were on the 3rd floor - no lifts so carrying the bags up on arrival was a bit of a pain - literally!
staff seemed to be generally disinterested and the 'entertainment' was a joke - kids playing at being 'reps' - terrible - after the first few days we couldn't stand it any more so went out every night!
Sun beds were awful, no pads or lift up back's for support - people were having to buy lilo's!!
The location of the Ficus wasn't right in the centre but it wasn't too far - quicker to go over the 'cinder path' if it was daylight, too dangerous in the dark!
Pool was freezing - I regularly saw the terror on faces as they went in so I steered well clear!
The trip to Teguise market was an experience I would recommend but would advise that you make your own way via public transport for 4 Euros each - don't do what we did and fall for the rip off that is the 'deal' offered by "Legends" - bus trip and a sunday dinner for 10 Euros each - cheaper (and better) to do it yourself!
Went by public transport to Peurto Del Carmen - only 5 Euros 60 for 2 people (single) but I would suggest going about lunchtime - steer clear of between 10 and 11 o'clock - buses are rammed!!
Flintstone's bar on the beach front do 'proper' chips - if that's what you fancy! Cactus Jack's was a good place for a night out.
Although we had a good holiday it was down to the fact that we spent a lot of our time out and about - the Ficus was dissapointing - would definately not go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Ficus is located on the beautiful island Lanzarote and is the perfect decision for a good value holiday. The sandy beach is 500 m away from the smartline Ficus and the city center of Cosat Teguise is around 300 m away. On the island are all towns easy to reach. During all meals, the smartline Ficus prepare a buffet with national and international cuisine. The smartline ice box is daily for two hours available with fruits and ice cream. Moreover, you can enjoy local spirits and soft drinks. The smartline Ficus offers many different activities. You can choose between aerobic courses or table tennis and many other activities. Furthermore, you have the possibility to play volleyball. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your smartline Ficus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ficus Costa Teguise
- Ficus Hotel Costa Teguise
- Lanzarote Ficus
- Ficus Hotel Lanzarote
- Ficus Lanzarote
- Smartline Ficus Lanzarote/Costa Teguise