Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Bikes need serviced

Bikes were falling apart and not fit to be on the road. The woman was helpful but the man who... read more

Reviewed March 10, 2017
Richard M
via mobile
Bike Hire

Visited 27th September 2018 and hired two bike. One ladies and one gents mountain bike. The lady... read more

Reviewed September 27, 2018
johnlF3666GO
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Costa Teguise
from $15.90
More Info
from $43.15
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2016 via mobile

5 of us girls hired bikes from Paul..
Fortunate out group seperated or the whole situation would of been worse!!
My friends bike broke whilst she was miles away from the hotel or bike shop..
She rang and rang the bike shop leaving numerous messages but no one answered..
She rang me and we cycled to the shop and found it was shut between 12 and 4pm.. And no one was there to help..
We waited until 4 and spoke to someone then who really didn't care but did ring Paul who we spoke to in the phone .. He was rude un helpful and no apology ..
He did get my friends and was just as rude to them.,
And we were all left a bit dumbfounded by he's behaviour..
My friends had walked for miles trying to get the bikes back , had bruised legs and had a total wasted day!!
Ok it was unfortunate and yes the shop can shut, but please answer your mobile when it's being repeatedly called and left desperate messages!!
And an apology wouldn't go amiss!!!

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank emzbe
RentAventura, Owner at Rent Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2016

It's a pity that you feel that way as there was certainly no negative comment from the friends we collected and brought back to your hotel. We had a most pleasant conversation as we drove back to Costa Teguise without any rancour.
I gave a 100% full refund of the rental charge, collected both of your colleagues in Arrecife and apologised for the inconvenience.
I fully accept I may not have apologised to you, the writer, as I didn't think it was necessary to apologise to each of your group individually particularly as you were, as you say, not even together, but if it was necessary then I apologise now.
As for any delay in collecting your colleague, the first message which I have now checked on my phone was at 15.27, and there were three calls and two messages which I listened to about 16.15 when the meeting I was in finished. I immediately called them, arranged a mutually suitable meeting point and collected them.
Due to circumstances I accept I did not respond immediately but I did within an hour of the call. Your friends were then collected circa 17.00 and considering I was at the other end of the island, I could not have made it there any quicker.
Considering you rented the bikes at 9am, and the issue with the bike happened circa 3pm I think you are not being particularly fair when you say you had a "total wasted day".
As for the person "not caring" who rang me, she did ring me, gave me the number of your friend and I rang them immediately. There was very little else she could do as she was in Costa Teguise and your friends were miles away. As for ringing the bike shop between 12 and 4, we are closed so the land line phone won't be answered That is why you had our mobile.
And yes when we are closed there is no one there to help. Bikes can break. That happens very occasionally and to a certain extent is outside our control. We provide a free rescue service but we are not the emergency services so I am afraid we will never be able to compete with the instant response you get to a 999 call or provide 24/7 response which frankly as you seem to suggest we need to provide is a totally unreasonable request......It just wasn't a life threatening situation and in our considered opinion we responded as quickly as we could, with suitable recompense for the inconvenience. If that was interpreted as being rude, or unprofessional then I have no answer.

Reviewed September 20, 2015

I rented a scooter for a week from Paul who was really helpful and even delivered the scooter to where I was staying. It's a brilliant way to see the island and would recommend to anyone thinking of visiting Lanzarote.
The bike was in top condition, and really good value for a weeks hire.

Date of experience: September 2015
RentAventura, Owner at Rent Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2015

Hi Bel - thank you for your kind comments and we were delighted you got to see so much of the island. We enjoy giving people a little insight into the non-touristy delights of the island and happy you had such a good time while you were here.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 14, 2015

We rented a moped for two days.Paul the owner was so helpful and gave us the places to visit.On day one we travelled around the North of the Island and the second day around the South.Excellent way to see the Island and some spectacular views.

Date of experience: May 2015
4  Thank newliver

Thank you for your generous comments and yes this is a rather magical island that you will enjoy even more on a bike or scooter - we are lucky having sunshine nearly 365 days of the year! Come back soon!
Best Regards

Reviewed February 21, 2015

Friendly enough on the plus side, but the quality of the bikes really leaves a lot to be desired. Nothing with disc brakes on offer. Pedal fell off my first bike in the first couple of miles. Replaced by a bike that slipped its gears. Later found I was paying over the odds, but there you go. So if you do rent here haggle hard.

Date of experience: January 2015
5  Thank Robert S
RentAventura, Owner at Rent Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2015

Thank you for your comments Robert. I have trawled through our bookings for Jan & Feb and have no Robert and also strangely no surname beginning with S during those months but I appreciate you may have been here earlier. It therefore makes it difficult to respond from our hire records against your stated problems which I am not at all denying may have happened. However we do not have disc brake racing bikes as we cater for leisure cyclists. We have never claimed to be the only place to rent bikes in Costa Teguise and actually regularly send clients elsewhere if they want high performance bikes. The pedal falling off - it happens - but as you said we replaced it immediately. The gears slipping - I cannot comment in detail but 95% of gear issues we get are a result of people not being used to multiple gears which is why some of our bikes are gear less for the leisure market. Its just a pity I cannot be more specific in my response as I can't identify you!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Paul at Rent Aventura went above and beyond to provide us with excellent information and recommendations so we could make the most of our time on Lanzarote. Outstanding personal service and flexibility!

Date of experience: February 2014
3  Thank BooBooSquash

Thank you - we were pleased to help you enjoy your holiday. Having lived on the island for a few years now we enjoy telling people about some of the hidden secrets of this magical place! We hope you come back again sometime.