“Slightly disappointed”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Obviously a very popular venue. We did only eat there on one occasion. My Sea Bass was fine, but I would prefer it filleted. The Fillet beef Stroganoff was either overcooked or it wasn't Fillet as it was a bit tough. The service was very professional, and the experience otherwise was good, but when you buy an expensive dish you expect better quality. Should have said something but I didn't.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We tried La Chimenia with out reading any reviews and were not disappointed.

This restaurant is within the Las Cucharas Shopping Centre area.

I had the Iberian Dark Pork, which was recommended by the waitress, and has not disappointed, my wife had a fish dish which was excellent.

Can not think of anything negative really, just a good friendly restaurant

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Ate here once and found the food to be good but nothing special.Staff were however very polite and helpful.
There is an extensive menu but not sure that everything is cooked on site as one morning we saw a large container of what appeared to be the Lasagne ( my husband had ate it here a couple of days before) being delivered.
A Specials board was put out every evening and the same dishes were on it for the whole two weeks we were there. Unlike the full menu that was displayed the Specials did not have any prices?

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have eaten here a number of lunchtimes with the staff being very friendly and helpful. The food is good, freshly made and service quick.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Had an enjoyable experience at La Chimenea with partner and 2 young children, I swithered between 3/4 stars, so 3.5 stars would be more reflective. Restuarant was busy so we were seated in the area just outside which was fine even though the wind was up and it wasn;t particularly warm. The provided blankets and patio heater were up to the job.

The food was good and not quite as good, I had the pork special which was utterly splendid, really enjoyed it. My partner had the monkfish that we both felt was a little overcooked which was the only disappointing part of the meal.