“Enjoyable meal, good service”
Review of La Chimenea

La Chimenea
Ranked #61 of 207 Restaurants in Costa Teguise
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Had an enjoyable experience at La Chimenea with partner and 2 young children, I swithered between 3/4 stars, so 3.5 stars would be more reflective. Restuarant was busy so we were seated in the area just outside which was fine even though the wind was up and it wasn;t particularly warm. The provided blankets and patio heater were up to the job.

The food was good and not quite as good, I had the pork special which was utterly splendid, really enjoyed it. My partner had the monkfish that we both felt was a little overcooked which was the only disappointing part of the meal.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our fishing tour guide as one of the few that have their own fishing boats and serve excellent fish!
Of course we mentioned the reference to guarantee what was supposed to come, but clearly the grilled seabass was fantastic!!! Cooked to perfection and one of the best I have eaten! The starters of mussels and a lobster soup were average, but the main course made-up everything!!
Definitely my recommendation to go and eat fish here!

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Went specifically for the Paella and was not disappointed. Excellent, freshly cooked, very tasty. Definitely worth a visit.
Can sit inside or outside or in conservatory and they supply a little blanket if you get chilly in the wind.... As that's the only problem with Lanzarote it's windy !

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

One of the few wet nights of our holiday so decided to eat at close to our H10 hotel as we could and tried this lovely Italian Restaurant by chance. My Spaghetti Bolognese excellent as was my wife's Steak. Sangria also very good. Don't usually eat Italian in Spain/Lanzarote but this was a lovely change.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We found this restaurant on our first night in Coata Teguise. As my boyfriend is Spanish he particular enjoys traditional Spanish food. He is very fond of Paella and we thought we would give theirs a try. It was genuinely one of the best Paellas we have ever had, and believe me we have sampled alot! Cooked to absolutely to perfection, with plenty of chicken and seafood. Delicious. Good atmosphere , good wine and great service. Retuned on our last night and were equally impressed.