My wife and I have just returned from a week’s stay at the Vitalclass.
As a senior contributor, I am struggling to write this report, but here goes.
It’s like the curate’s egg, good (nay excellent) in parts and poor in others.
The good parts.
Quiet (if that’s what you want), excellent pools, great choice of breakfast and spacious apartments. As others have said it’s out of the town, but the 20 minute walk was not a problem to us. We just loved Costa Teguise.
The bad parts:
No lifts, so you have to drag your cases up two flights of stairs. Our patio doors didn’t lock. (Not a major problem as you would need to have been spiderman to get onto the balcony).
The bathroom was totally enclosed in the apartment and there was no ventilation. There was a slight ‘drain’ smell all week in the bathroom.
The lighting in the bathroom was poor, simple remedy is a light above the mirror.
Both the kitchen and bedroom windows opened onto the passageway outside; hence you could not open your bedroom curtains.
It’s advertised as self catering, but the crockery and cutlery is very basic, only 3 sets.
There is no oven, no microwave and only two electric rings. This did not bother us as we ate out for the week but it would be a problem if you were there for any length of time and wanted to self cater.
There is only one plug point in the kitchen and the bedroom. There are two in the living room but one has a lamp in it and the other has the massage chair plugged in.
There are no tea/ coffee/milk in the kitchen; you need to bring/buy your own. There is no teapot.
The curtain rail in the kitchen fell off every time we tried to open the curtains.
They charge 2.5 Euros a day to use the safe in your apartment, just not on.
I booked wi fif for the week at 12 .5 Euros. It does not work at the back of the resort, beware, it only worked on the balcony.
When we got back to our apartment on the Sunday afternoon, out key card would not open the door. The duty manager came up and also could not open the door. He got the maintenance man and he could also not open the door. We sat outside for nearly 3 hours before they managed to replace the door lock unit. We were offered an extra day in the health suite which we refused and were given our wi fi free for the week. Not even a free drink whilst we sat waiting - again not on.
We didn’t find the staff at all friendly despite what others have said on TA. The head receptionist was bossy and aggressive. Don’t even try to take your breakfast out onto the tables by the pool. They are paranoid about people stocking up at breakfast for the day. You have to leave bags at reception.
We didn’t find that many cyclists staying whilst we were there and indeed it was quite refreshing to see a few well toned people.
Would we go back, definately yes. Vitalclass is just spoilt by the lack of attention to detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vitalclass Lanzarote is a newly remodeled and retrofitted Resort with the latest technology, is fully oriented Sport, Health, Beauty and Wellness. It is unique in the island, offers the possibility to prepare for competitions both high performance and subsequent recovery or simply to enjoy a different vacation. The location is unbeatable, as good weather prevails throughout the year.In addition, Vitalclass Lanzarote has aspring climate all year round, that becomes a big advantage against other destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Vitalclass Lanzarote Sport & Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vitalclass Lanzarote Sport And Wellnes Resort
- Vitalclass Lanzarote Sport & Wellnes Hotel Costa Teguise
- Las Marinas Hotel
- Las Marinas Club Resort Lanzarote
- Marinas Club Lanzarote
- Vitalclass Lanzarote Sport & Wellness Resort Costa Teguise