2,127 results
All reviews serenity area self catering sports bar next door premium apartment serenity apartments sands hotel minute walk pool area every other day can't comment on the food drag act a ground floor apartment relaxing holiday no air con plenty of sunbeds salad sun loungers
Reviewed December 15, 2015

Check in was speedy ,shown to the room which was of a good clean standard, facilities included a fridge and kettle,plenty of room in the apartment, bedrooms we are good size with plenty of wardrobe space and plenty of coat hangers, which is unusual, beds were very uncomfortable though
Bathroom was clean with a good shower. Cleaning was every other day with towels changed upon request. Pool area was excellent plenty of sunloungers and seating area,the drinks were a good standard and if not around the pool were served in glass.The restaurant was of a decent size,breakfast was lovely with a full English available, also cereals and toast,plenty of choice for lunch and evening meals were varied you wouldn't starve at this hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful advice was offered if you had any questions about the area.Overall I was delighted with the hotel and would go back.

Room tip: Pool views available but we faced the outside but had the afternoon sun which was lovely
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank wepackedandready
Reviewed December 14, 2015

We arrived earlier than our flight mates, as we got a taxi from the airport (€25) and was greeted enthusiastically by Adam, who efficiently sorted our keys, the safe, and discretely took payment for the Romantic Basket that I had ordered by phone.
We walked to our room (1138 in Serenity) which is one of the Premium rooms, and found that the basket had been placed in the room, along with a bottle of red wine (Ruby Wedding....).
After a quick change we walked to the supermarket about 5 minutes away for supplies for our room, then went to the Serenity bar, where Mayte recognised us from our previous visits, and served us our drinks.
Suffice to say that seeing that this was our 3rd visit, we like the resort, and have always found all of the staff polite and pleasant.
The cleaners always knock and greet as they open the door to the apartment, and are fantastic in leaving the place smelling nice.

Bar staff Mayte, Fifi, Mimi, Ely, and Monica were always happy, and encouraged me trying a few words of Spanish. Animacion lady Claire worked hard, and we enjoyed the games that we got involved in, as well as some of the evening entertainment, we don't do karaoke, but enjoy listening to others who are brave enough.
The weather was a little windy for a couple of days, but still warm enough to walk around with a tee shirt on.
We happened to be there when the Lanzarote marathon was taking place, and so stood at the start/finish line at the start and finish.
The meals were the usual standard, and we always found something to eat.
Christna and Prudencio on reception were always happy to assist if we asked any questions.
Just a tip for prospective visitors, Sands Beach over the road has a supermarket which is open 7 am to 12 midnight.
We met a few new friends, and hope to see them again in future.
The aquarium is a 15 minute walk away, and was worth the €12.50 each that we spent, for about an hour for the visit.

After reading some other reviews, I think that these people have been at a different resort to us, and as for having sheets changed every day, would they expect that at home? If you want a 5 star resort, then pay 5 star prices, other than that, pay 3 star prices and enjoy this resort.

Room tip: Try to get a Premium room in Serenity area
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Skyryderz
Reviewed December 8, 2015 via mobile

On arrival to our standard apartment in the serenity area with pool view I was disappointed to the point of crying. I expected much more. The apartment was very basic. Whitewashed walls and stone slab with a cushion on as a sofa. Ground floor with small terrace , 2 sunbeds and a table and chairs. No pool view only a wall in front with the pool to the left of that. We went to reception to ask for an upstairs room with pool view. Nothing available at that time and the receptionist (Adam) was very apologetic but to ask again in the morning. We went back to ours and pondered whether to ask for an upgrade. Back at reception we asked Adam how much it would cost to upgrade to a Premium room . It was over £200. However if I'd booked premium rooms it was only about £50 per person. Well worth booking in advance. We upgraded and I was delighted. The room was first class. The serenity area is very peaceful so if your in a group this isn't for you. A group came a few days after we arrived and we're playing about in the pool making a lot of noise , hence they were asked to calm down. It's a beautiful peaceful place about 15 mins walk to the main square. Loved it and would recommend it.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank lilybet53
Reviewed December 6, 2015

Returned yesterday,had a really good holiday, apartments are spotless. The bar,pool and dinning room was also spotless. Staff where all pleasant and helful. Claire does het best with the entertainment, the food was ok! Usually not a bad choice, what we paid for AI we where happy and are looking to book for next November, there was always somebody sat around the bar area, we meet some lovely folk, you can please everybody, don't know what folk want,you get what you pay for,.

4  Thank Alex L
Reviewed December 5, 2015

Accommodation
I stayed at the Club Siroco for a week with my mother from the 21st November. When we checked in we were issued with our bright orange wristbands for the AI and given keys for our apartment number 1126 which is a five minute walk away from reception in a lovely quiet area. We were very impressed with our apartment which had a bedroom with 2 single beds and a large double wardrobe with a safe inside it. There is a large kitchen/lounge area with a very comfortable leather sofa and coffee table plus large flat screen TV –you need to pay a 20 euros deposit for the remote control from reception which is refundable when you return the remote control. The kitchen area has a modern electric hob and built in microwave plus toaster, kettle, coffee machine, fridge, modern spotless units with black granite worktop and splashbacks and plenty of utensils and cooking equipment – not that we used them. The bathroom has a sink unit with storage space and a large walk in shower plus a hairdryer fixed to the wall. Outside was a terrace overlooking the pool with our own sunbeds and a table and chairs plus an airer for drying clothes. A welcoming touch was a bottle of rose wine with 2 glasses and after unpacking we enjoyed 2 glasses before dinner. The only negative point about the room (for ladies) is the lack of a mirror in the bedroom or lounge area. There is one in the hallway but no plug in front of it so the only place to use straighteners etc is the bathroom which isn’t ideal. The apartment was cleaned daily and we were given fresh towels every day.

Whilst I’d rate the accommodation 5, the food was more of a 3 or 4. Apart from a couple of lunches out we ate all our meals at the hotel and it was typical AI food. There was enough choice but it could have done with being warmer. For breakfast there was a choice of continental or cooked breakfast which was usually beans, bacon, sausage and fried eggs and some sort of potato. Scrambled eggs occasionally would have been nice but there was enough choice to have a decent breakfast with cereal, different rolls, cold meat and cheese, salads, fruit and yogurt as well.

For lunch and dinner there was always plenty of salad which I enjoyed, plus pasta of some sort and meat and fish. For what we paid I couldn’t complain about the AI food and drinks and managed to go all week without having a single chip. There are also snacks available from the pool bar, I had a mini pizza one afternoon which was quite tasty. AI finishes at 11pm but as the entertainment was pretty poor we’d usually had enough by then. Entertainment wise there were a couple of singers who weren’t bad plus karaoke 2 nights and salsa. The entertainment girl Clare was very pleasant and enthusiastic.

Wi-FI – When I first enquired about WI-FI I was told it wasn’t working and to check again the following day as they were waiting for a ‘man’ to come and fix it. I paid 15 euros for the last 4 days and found it to be pretty fast in reception, though a bit hit and miss in the room. I was told it might not work in the room so that was fair enough. I was told the price was 15 euros per device but that’s not strictly true as I logged on using both my netbook and phone – though not both at the same time and I had to wait a while until I could log on the other device.

All the staff we came into contact with – reception, restaurant, bar, cleaners and gardeners were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a reasonably priced holiday – providing you’re not really bothered about evening entertainment. As I was with my elderly mother we didn’t venture out at night but if I’d been with my partner we could have walked into the centre of Costa Teguise in less than 20 minutes to sample the local nightlife.

Room tip: Lovely room in Serenity with our own terrace and sunbeds
  • Trip type: Traveled with family