Just returned from spending a week at the Siroco. I must say that having read quite a few negative reviews before our departure we were unsure as to what to expect when we got there. I can honestly say we need not have had any worries. I think the moaners need to accept they have booked a two star economy break, not the Hilton or Ritz!!!
We stayed in the main pool side area overlooking the gardens as the Serenity was fully booked when we enquired about upgrading, but were pleasantly surprised. The apartments are basic but were perfectly adequate and kept very clean. Full marks to the housekeeping team. The kitchen appeared to be fully equipped but as we were all inclusive we only used the fridge and kettle. Bedding was changed mid-week and towels every other day which is better than we have had in some higher graded hotels. The beds were quite firm but everybody has different ideas of a comfy bed so the hotel will never please everyone. Spare blankets were in the wardrobe and we did need to put these on the beds as the nights were very chilly. Plenty of hangers for clothes. Nice balconies to sit on to enjoy an early evening drink before dinner.
The dining room was efficiently run. The food was better than we were expecting with plenty of choice at all meals and kept topped up right to the end of all meal times. The salads were excellent. If people cannot find something they like out of the selection put out every day then they must be extremely fussy eaters and should look at booking four star not two. The "snacks" did look poor, but surely people can get enough food to eat when there are meals three times a day. We went out in the day quite a lot and often missed lunch but simply waited for dinner.
The pool side and bar were kept clean and tidy. The pool bar was basic but seemed perfectly ok for its purpose through the day - providing a seating area and drinks service. Yes, at times we did have to wait for the bar staff to appear but they were busy doing other duties as well as serving drinks and I honestly don't think we were kept waiting more than a couple of minutes at any time. There appeared to be enough sun loungers but due to the cold, very strong winds and cloudy skies that were there most of our week, they mainly stood empty.
All of the staff were very friendly and seemed to be doing their best to keep all guests happy. I don't know who the miserable members of staff are who are mentioned in previous reviews as we didn't come across one - perhaps some guests should look at the attitude they take with them before they start to decry the hotel staff! I did hear one man complaining in a raised voice to the barman that he should be there at all times to serve guests drinks and not go "floating off elsewhere" when he felt like it. I had seen the poor lad clearing poolside tables and he come straight back to serve when he saw someone waiting. Shame on you Mr.Grumpy.
The one thing that I would suggest needed looking at was the lack of somewhere warm and comfortable to sit and have a drink in the evenings. Apart from the small disco room there was only the pool bar area and as it is open at both ends so the wind whistled through it like a wind tunnel, making it extremely cold and unwelcoming. Perhaps a sliding door could be fitted at one end to reduce the gale blowing through? Because of this we went out most evenings to Cactus Jacks bar round the corner and would recommend this place to anyone.
Due to the poor weather we went out four of the days we were there. This was made easy by the efficient regular buses which stopped just down the road. We did find that simply going down the coast a small distance made a big difference - Puerto Del Carmen was much warmer and was sunny and down in Playa Blanca it was very sunny and hot. Perhaps for a cheap sunshine Spring break we picked the wrong resort but we did choose the right hotel to use as our base.
To sum up. Staff all very good.Food very good. Rooms better than expected. Pool looked great - shame about the weather. For an economy break this was a good choice of hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a cheaper choice of hotel for a week away with a 15 minute walk into the centre and a 5 minute walk to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Club Sirocco is 3 start Hotel for adults over 18 years old. Club Sirocco consists of 172 apartments spread over 2 areas, the SIROCO AREA and the SERENITY AREA, both areas share the reception, restaurant and disco bar. The SIROCO AREA has 94 apartments, 88 one bedroom standard apartments and 6 of 2 bedroom apartments. All standard apartments (in Siroco and serenity areas) have:• Safe.• Direct telephone line.• bathroom.• T.V. satellite• Electric stove with two burners, toaster, microwave, refrigerator and crockery corresponding supplements.• Hot water (50 liter flasks individual)• Non-smoking apartments on request.The apartments have a spacious lounge which opens the possibility of accommodation in sofa bed for the 3rd person in the case of one-bedroom apartments and 5th person in the case of two-bedroom apartments. The SERENITY AREA, for adults only, has 78 apartments and 28 apartments with 1 bedroom Standard, 8 Standard 2 bedroom apartments, 34 apartments 1 bedroom Premium and Premium 8 apartments of 2 bedrooms, all arranged in blocks of two floors with views of the area pool.Premium apartments have been renovated completely renovated in 2012 PREMIUM apartments have:• Safe with laptop size• Direct telephone line.• bathroom and spacious 1,800 dryer wat• T.V. 32-inch LCD satellite TV free• Electric cooker hob with two burners, toaster, microwave, refrigerator and crockery corresponding supplementary par 3 or 5 people.• Terrace balcony overlooking the pool• Choice of pillows• Apartments and WIFI in public areas (with charge)The apartments have a spacious lounge which opens the possibility of accommodation in sofa bed for the 3rd person in the case of one-bedroom apartments and 5th person in the case of two-bedroom apartments. FACILITIES AND SERVICES• Large lobby with 24-hour switchboard, currency exchange, car rental, and attention to all kinds of requests from clients in multiple languages.• Porter• Internet and WiFi access in reception and pool bar and rooms (with charge)• Buffet Restaurant• Disco bar• Pool Bar• 1 outdoor pool in SIroco Area and 1 pool in the SERENITY area• Solarium and recreational areas with sunbeds and umbrellas free• Laundry and Laundry service• Vending machines• Massage service• Complimentary rooms with shower • Cleaning of apartments 4 times a week, change of towels 2 times per weekand linen change 1 per week.SPORTS FACILITIES At HOTEL:• Tennis court• • Minigolf• Bicycle Rental OUTSIDE HOTEL: Golf Practice 500m (with school and rental) of:• Windsurfing• Surf• Diving• Kayak• Cycling• Trekking and multisportA 2 km Golf course of 18 holesA 2 km AguaparkA 2 km Zone PaintballA 1 km Sports center with sauna, jacuzzi, indoor pool and gymA 1 km Spa and beauty treatmentsA 15 km KartingA 20 km Riding practical possibility ANIMATION (seasonal)• 4 nights a week live shows. (Dancing Class, Magic show, Flamenco show, Snakes, Brazilian, Exotic birds, Live Musicetc..)• Animation and sports activities• Waterpolo• Petanque• Minigolf• Aerobics and Stretching• Darts and rifle shooting• Bingo• Karaoke ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Club Siroco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Club Siroco Hotel Costa Teguise
- Apartments Hotel Siroco
- Apartments Hotel Costa Teguise
- Club Siroco Lanzarote
- Siroco Club
- Siroco Lanzarote
- Hotel Club Siroco Lanzarote/Costa Teguise