The location of the Galeon Playa was very good – close to all amenities, and over the road from a lovely bay, with flat walks in both directions along coastal paths. Reception area very clean and well kept with Internet access, a pool table to the side and a ‘library’ area, with about 5 books! Below ground near the squash court you will find lots more books, why these are not upstairs I have no idea and I didn't find them until the end of my holiday. We went in February 2013 and it was cold, very cold some days and I hired a heater from reception for 15 euros a week. The outside areas were very good with two good size pools and nice sunbathing areas, all set out lovely. The accommodation was basic, as people have said before and in need of refurbishment, but it was clean, not spotless but clean and spacious. The cleaners came every second day with towel changes. There was everything you could want for self-catering, no oven though and only 2 cooking rings. Silly things, like making sure kettles and toasters are in the apartment before you arrive, more than one plug for three sinks, light bulbs checked etc would make a big difference and take very little time. I must add that as soon as you ask for anything you get it immediately, thanks to the excellent reception staff who are very friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. We went half board and the breakfast I would describe as 4 star – it was lovely, everything you could want all set out from a central island. Evening meal not to everyone's taste but always something to eat and the chef would cook you anything that you asked for if they hadn't got it on the menu – the service was excellent. The restaurant overlooked the sea and was spacious, you never felt crowded. The restaurant staff I can only describe as 5 star, wonderful friendly people who did everything to make sure you had a great holiday. Well done Olivia, Santi and José.
If you go with the idea that it will be basic, and look past the small silly things that are wrong, then you will have a nice holiday – the positives outweigh the negatives by far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on seafront, next to the beach Jablillo and a few steps from the beach of Las Cucharas. We are an ideal family resort with 139 apartments and 35 wonderful new Junior Suites. At Galeón Playa, you will enjoy our pool, restaurant, children´s club and other attractions for adults and children. Visit us and enjoy your holidays in Lanzarote with sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Apartamentos Galeon Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Galeon Playa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Apartamentos Galeon Playa Costa Teguise
- Galeon Playa Lanzarote
- Apartamentos Galeon Playa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise