Yes, this hotel has been under maintained and is understaffed but like everywhere else Spain has been in a recession!
We stayed at this hotel in 2000 and it was fantastic. We stayed here from 6-20 March and it was okay, we had a very enjoyable holiday.
The location is right on the outskirts which means there is a lot of space. The pool and garden area are amongst the best we've been too. One of the pools is heated and we were able to swim outside every day. There are tennis courts, mini golf, and outside chess within the grounds and entertainment staff doing games such as boules, shooting, archery.
The rooms are very spacious and clean. There only seemed to be two maids to each floor and with 56 rooms per floor this meant that some rooms were still being cleaned up to 5pm. The maid often looked tired but was always polite and had a smile for us.
The two inside bars were large and open right up to the sixth floor. We preferred the piano bar for a bit of music and then chat but we did go to the entertainment bar to see some of the shows and they were on a par with ones in other hotels.
The restaurant was always busy and food plentiful. Alternate nights had a themed evening with Asian, Chinese, Italian, Japanese and European food. Drinks for AI guests were on general show which was fine for us but some folks on half board would try and get free drinks at every meal time. When approached by staff and asked to pay for their drinks there were look of horror and surprise.
We would recommend All Inclusive because the walk to the nearest shops, bars, etc is a good 10 minutes and the main town area about 20 minutes. There is a courtesy bus twice in the morning and once in the afternoon. We enjoyed the walk but used taxis a couple of times and it was 3.50 euros in the day and 4.5 euros late at night.
A bonus for us was that it was Lanzarote Carnival in Costa Teguise on 15 March which was a really good day.
Overall we had a thoroughly good holiday and it was very good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 350 Rooms - twins and junior suites, all with a large terrace from which you can enjoy incredible views of the 20,000 m2 of gardens and the 2,000 m2 of swimming pools. Air conditioning, full bath, hair dryer, telephone, minibar, music channel, satellite TV... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Beatriz Costa And Spa
- Hotel Beatriz Costa Costa Teguise
- Beatriz Hotel Lanzarote
- Costa Teguise
- Beatriz Costa Teguise
- Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise