“Unfair reviews”

Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Yes, this hotel has been under maintained and is understaffed but like everywhere else Spain has been in a recession!
We stayed at this hotel in 2000 and it was fantastic. We stayed here from 6-20 March and it was okay, we had a very enjoyable holiday.
The location is right on the outskirts which means there is a lot of space. The pool and garden area are amongst the best we've been too. One of the pools is heated and we were able to swim outside every day. There are tennis courts, mini golf, and outside chess within the grounds and entertainment staff doing games such as boules, shooting, archery.
The rooms are very spacious and clean. There only seemed to be two maids to each floor and with 56 rooms per floor this meant that some rooms were still being cleaned up to 5pm. The maid often looked tired but was always polite and had a smile for us.
The two inside bars were large and open right up to the sixth floor. We preferred the piano bar for a bit of music and then chat but we did go to the entertainment bar to see some of the shows and they were on a par with ones in other hotels.
The restaurant was always busy and food plentiful. Alternate nights had a themed evening with Asian, Chinese, Italian, Japanese and European food. Drinks for AI guests were on general show which was fine for us but some folks on half board would try and get free drinks at every meal time. When approached by staff and asked to pay for their drinks there were look of horror and surprise.
We would recommend All Inclusive because the walk to the nearest shops, bars, etc is a good 10 minutes and the main town area about 20 minutes. There is a courtesy bus twice in the morning and once in the afternoon. We enjoyed the walk but used taxis a couple of times and it was 3.50 euros in the day and 4.5 euros late at night.
A bonus for us was that it was Lanzarote Carnival in Costa Teguise on 15 March which was a really good day.
Overall we had a thoroughly good holiday and it was very good value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms for the view over Costa Teguise and rooms over the Piano Bar are quieter at night...
6  Thank bentleybantams
Write a ReviewReviews (3,467)

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Dreading our holiday after the negative reviews, we stayed here for 1 week w/c 10th march and we had a brilliant week the weather wasn't good and Teguise is really windy but be careful you are still getting a tan ( lots of red faces) the hotel is really huge and a lovely reception area and a lovely welcome. our room was on the fist floor and there was plenty of room and plenty of wardrobe space bathroom massive ,you could here the entertainment on a night but it does go quiet the rooms and corridors are carpeted do this does help. nice balcony with rack for drying any clothes/swimwear table and chairs on each balcony .The room was cleaned every day and bedding changed once while we were there but to be fair I only change mine at home weekly.
the restaurant was big and there is a mad dash when the doors first open but we went a bit later after the rush there is a good selection of food and always something to eat .the spa is free for a/I customers and is really good with jet pool, Jacuzzi, steam rooms, and saunas. we did not come across any poor service and if I wanted to really look for faults I probably could find them but we went away to chill out and that's what we did .there is a free shuttle bus to take you into costa teguise and if you don't want to get the bus back a taxi costs 3 euros .There is a few shops in the hotel for little gifts if you need them and also a hairdressers .the hotel is massive and there is a lot of things they could do with empty areas but I am sure they are working on that.
the only bar during the day is the pool bar if you need a drink (there should be another bar indoors for during the day ) the piano bar opens 6 - 11 with either music on radio playing or a pianist . don't worry about other peoples reviews some people just like to moan you get what you pay for

Room Tip: room 128 first floor was large but you could here the entertainment at night .
5  Thank larkmans22
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We booked at last minute for an inclusive week in February. The hotel was reasonable and facilities okay but we chose it for Wi fi access and it was not set up for this so taking a laptop was a waste of time. Every evening there were loads of people wandering around with mobile phones trying to get a signal and the reception staff were completely disinterested. 'Nothing to do with us' Actually it is when you advertise this service ! Food was good and restaurant staff helpful.I would not go to this hotel again because it was too far from most things, local beach not very good. We ended up walking miles every day to see something interesting. The volcano tour and camel ride was the highlight of the holiday.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nicola N
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just came back from a week all inclusive. After reading these reviews, we thought maybe they were exaggerated, however our visit to this hotel was truly and utterly horrendous.

We were greeted by the most unfriendly hotel receptionists, who whenever we asked for help or information about the area gave blunt two word answers and looked like they couldn't care less - very uncharismatic and rude. We were charged 20 Euros for internet access (paying for wifi at a four star hotel???!! and which will only work on one device at a time).
The worst thing about the hotel was the disgusting 'food' which was absolutely foul. I am not a fussy eater but this food was inedible. How someone can be employed in the catering part of the hotel and cook to such poor standards simply amazed me. By the end of the week we had ate raw fried eggs, pasta which was over cooked and not cooked at all in places and generally cold, bland food. It was a relief to be rid of there!!!

Although the design of the building was quite nice inside, it is VERY impractical. The live entertainment could be heard throughout the entire building until about 12pm and trust me, it wasn't music to the ears. The spa was also VERY poor. There are many broken pieces of tiles on the bottom of the floor in the swimming pools. It worries me how this spa is still allowed to be open when it is dangerous and a health hazard.

One last thing that really annoyed me was that the cleaning maid knocked our are door at 9:30/10:00am, in which I replied 'hello'. She opened the door and could see that we were not leaving the room yet and still continued to clean our room. What sort of place does this? We were forced to leave our room.

10  Thank starllama
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have just returned from a supposedly 4 star hotel which is listed in the majority of all travel brochures from travel agents. On first arriving at this hotel I thought WOW!! but this soon changed to complete and utter disgust.
When I arrived on Sunday 2nd March I was told that the restaurant was still open until 9:30pm so as I had arrived fairly late I decided to go to my room and dump the cases so I could enjoy the food. How wrong I was everything was almost cold but I put this down to my late arrival. The next day I went for breakfast early and once again the food was cold and this was to be the case all the way through my holiday.
I paid for wifi to be able to access the internet whilst away, however I was unable to get it and when I complained to reception staff the answer I got was as follows, " The reason you cannot get it at the moment is because of the strong winds however we are willing to refund you and rip up your wifi access" to which I replied I need to access the internet for my work and all they did was to shrug their shoulders.
The bar staff were very ignorant when it came to people with all inclusive bands on but came to life when someone came to the bar with money in their hands.
I couldn`t fault the Animacion team however the overall entertainment for the hotel was very poor.
The beach was at least 15-20 minutes walk away and the excursions were very expensive for what you actually got. The best being was a night out to the Music Hall Tavern in Puerto Del Carmen.This was well worth the visit.
The carpets in the main areas were thread bare and the electrics left a lot to be desired, especially on the corridor balcony areas.
In my opinion this hotel should be avoided at all costs and should be downgraded from a 4 star hotel to a 2 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank John H
Reviewed March 14, 2014

If first impressions count, someone should tell the reception staff, who were surly and obnoxious most of the time. Even though it was 5.30pm, our allocated room was not ready, so another had to be found. As coffee and tea facilities need to be rented, we paid our money, then had to return to reception about an hour later, as they still hadn't arrived. The following day, we rang reception at 3.30pm because the tea and milk hadn't been replenished, and we didn't have bath towels. A lady eventually arrived with a couple of tea bags. By 6.30 our towels had still not arrived, so, on the way out, I returned to reception and asked for them to be in our room when we returned from dinner, which they were. The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the beach, bars and restaurants. I think the 4* listing is rather optimistic, but I'm sure it could be achieved if they moved the building, fixed the wear and tear problems (Replace the tiles in the bathroom before they fall off) and employed competent staff.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed 4 nights.Horrible noise from entertaining area even on 5th floor,as noise travels up.Called reception,no use.Since management knows which rooms suffer noise,they can simply put up a transparent acoustic wall that can both reduce noise but still keep hotel aesthetics.
Very weak WiFi signal in public areas,stopping too often.
Service to rooms very slow.
Breakfast good,dinner ,plenty of food,cooked by inexperienced cooks!The island is full of beautiful ingredients,I suggest they import some real cooks.
Why not serve water to the table without any charge as done in so many hotel around the world,though might cost a few pennies,the clients will be pleased,not to mention the hotel is very far from purchasing anything.
Why not provide rooms with kettles?Most people stay several days.
Waiters very kind and quick.
Hotel itself is beautiful with many facilities .All rooms have balconies.

Room Tip: Beware of room 522 and those around
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
H10 Suites Lanzarote Gardens
H10 Suites Lanzarote Gardens
#4 of 38 in Costa Teguise
Melia Salinas - Adults recommended

Been to Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa? Share your experiences!