“Excellent hotel, excellent food will definitely go again”

Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

First of all IGNORE ANY BAD REVIEWS
some people just like to complain!!!

Anyway this is an excellent hotel , its all kept clean the staff were nice and the food was immense, always loads of choice I never ate the same thing twice.
Its all cooked lovely too the themed nights are lovely as well.

The pools were great always found sunbeds , and kept very clean
the pool bar had a good selection of food at dinner time.

we used the spa everyday which is such a bonus at this hotel ,so relaxing after a busy day so I would really recommend using it.
Your room is cleaned everyday with fresh towels which is great!!!!!
Overall this hotel is excellent and would recommend it to everyone and will definitely go again :)

6  Thank juicyjuicyo47
There are newer reviews for Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We are Just home after a two week stay at this hotel (last two weeks of August). I must say the negative reviews that I had read prior to the stay were some what worrying but I could not fault the hotel, the staff or the facilities at all.

Yes its about 1km from the beach but we were aware of that from the outset and we didn't mind the short stroll to the beach and shops. Which is worth the trip as the beach is well kept and plenty of sun beds available and well priced food and drinks close by along with the usual holiday shops.

The dining room staff were always friendly and they were really very busy during peak dining times but always made an effort to acknowledge the kids or quickly reset a table if needed.
The choice of food at every meal was fantastic and to a very high standard as well, maybe too much choice but that's not necessarily a bad thing. We ate in the main restaurant most of the times but did use the pool bar for food a few times but mainly for drinks during the day.

The pools were great, 4 in total, one was a kids pools which was perfect for our 22 month old as it was not to deep and he could walk around it easily, the next pool also good for his age as it had a very gentle gradient to the deep end and even that was not to deep about 3 feet ish. Great to play with the younger kids there. The other two pools were deeper again the deepest about 6 feet deep. The pools were not heated but once you are in you tend not to notice how cold they were which is pretty much standard for most resort pools.
There was a life guard on duty every day and he kept the more boisterous kids in check as well which is a good thing.
Lots of space for everyone around the pools with lots of sun beds most of which are in a very good condition, we only came across a few that were fairly old but still not the worst we have ever had on holidays.
I know a few people in their reviews mentioned dirty pools and holes in the covers to drains but there was on average in excess of 100 to 150 people around the pools daily and they have to take responsibility for drinks and cups etc. There was always a breeze so drinks got blown over or knocked over by kids and adults alike but we always picked ours up but that cannot be said for all the guests. The pool guys were out every morning cleaning them and washing down the surrounding areas, and fixing the drain covers as well but again the guests need to take responsibility if they move the covers by walking on them just put it back so no one else falls in the drain.
The pool side activities that were put on by the hotel were good fun and were always well attended by guests and the staff were always trying to get people to join in, tough job for them but I think they did a very good job, only disappointment was the archery and shooting were for over 15's my 8 year old was very upset but I can understand why that rule was in place.

The evening entertainment is not something I can say I ever enjoy but there was a good variety of entertainment and the activity staff always tried to encourage the guests to participate when needed.
The bar beside the entertainment was always busy when open but that's purely due to the volume of people watching the entertainment. To be fair to the bar staff they were busy and worked as quickly as they could so I didn't mind having to wait for a drink, can't say I had to wait more than 8 or 9 minutes to get served.
The piano bar was not so busy but that's because there was no fixed entertainment there every night.
Our room was cleaned daily along with new towels and shower gels etc and again the staff here were always friendly and very efficient.

All in all this was a really good place to stay and we would highly recommend it and if we are lucky enough to go back we would be delighted to go again.

5  Thank Ack75
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've just returned from my holiday at this hotel. Looking at the reviews before I went I tried to cancel and move to another hotel because some where so bad. Luckily I I didn't because I couldn't fault this hotel. Reception staff so helpful and friendly, rooms clean and spacious, food wonderful, loads to choose from. 10 minutes walk to the beach and bars. Please ignore the bad reviews as its only from ignorant snobby lazy english people . I could hear people complaining bout no water in bottles..go to spa and buy it! I know some hotels supply it but its hardly a catastrophe. Go enjoy the hotel its fab

4  Thank becx71
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Arrived late at night and was checked in by a very polite and cheery man.
Rooms are of good size and very clean. Beds are also of good size and we found to be comfortable. Rooms cleaned every day.
Restaurant got very busy at times and did not particularly think there was enough choice of food considering this is a 4 star hotel although food was nice.
Pool area very nice. No problem getting sunbeds after breakfast.
Pool quite cold but refreshing to cool off in the heat so was not a problem.
Only place to get a drink is at the pool bar during the day which is ridiculous. There really should be another bar open.
Entertainment was very poor. The in house trio singers sound like karaoke, kids disco same songs same order every night! Evening bar service is terrible. No self service for soft drinks so even kids had to queue at the bar which made queues long!
Spa is free to all inclusive and we used this a few times even went for a couples massage which cost us €70 for 30min.
The hotel looks very nice and is very large. We found the staff very friendly and nice to us although found many of the spanish and French guest very rude and unfriendly.
Location not the best but not bad either. Beach is lovely and if you do venture out at night there are some nice places to drink in such as cactus jacks about €3.50 in taxi from hotel.
Overall we had a nice holiday. We meet some very nice people there which made our holiday even more enjoyable but would not return to this hotel again.

3  Thank leecole
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 4 (2 adults plus 17 & 8 yr old) returned on 28.8.13 from an all inclusive week. Everybody has their own view based on their experience and as many reviewers have indicated, some previous reports were worrying but... Junior suite was more than spacious for our family (1 double bed room, separate twin bed adjoining room, 1 bathroom inc bath, shower twin basins. 2 balcony areas 1 Sofa, 4 chairs). We found our room received a daily visit from maid service for towel change etc

The beautifully designed internal public areas (may not be to all tastes judging by some reviews but we liked it) seemed clean when we are there as were the pools. The one heated pool was the busier of the pools but we spent most of our water time in the others which were colder but more than bearable for us Yorkshires who are brought up on the shores of the North Sea.

This was our first all inclusive holiday and it worked well for us. Drinks queues were at worst 3-4 minutes on a busy evening and at best non existent if using the self service soft drinks and sangria/wine at pool bar during the day. Food was varied during our stay and we enjoyed breakfasts and themed dinner in the restaurant and a lighter lunch in the pool bar area. We found the staff friendly and helpful (maybe the previously reported grumpy ones were off work when we were there).

The hotel is not perfect, but is anything? We saw but won't repeat all of the minor issues raised by other reviewers e.g some stair carpet a bit frayed, beach area was 15 mins walk. Not a big problem for us as the excellent pool area was a reason for our choice of this hotel.

No need for United Nations involvement as relationships across nationalities were good during our stay. After a planned volleyball activity we even had a good spirited guest organised footie match. Portugal v England (plus one German as I hung up my boots a while ago).

The hotel had a few small shops for souvenirs etc near the piano bar plus a hairdresser. Reception staff were helpful on arrival and on the 2 other times we approached them.

A few other reviewers seem to have had a very different experience to ours but our lasting memory of Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa will be of a lovely family week in a very attractive hotel which more than met our needs. I hope other guests find the same.

3  Thank bigdavylad
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just returned(28-8-'13),from this hotel from our two week holiday. My party consisted of myself,
husband and our two teenagers ( 17&14).
The hotel looks impressive upon entering,and the pool area is beautiful. We stayed spread out in two rooms,which were of a good size,comfortable beds, lovely views of the pool and beyond. The maids come everyday and kept the rooms super clean.
Our son in particular enjoyed all, the daytime activities, but nobody in our party thought much of the evening entertainment. This literally was an Iguana on a box one night, meant to be a reptile show!
We stayed on a half board package and we were almost glad we were. What I mean with that is that the food isn't great. Breakfast is good, but a lot of the hot dishes were much to salty to eat.
Some of it looked very nice,so ever hopeful you sit down for it to be inedible.
The only reason that we wished we were all inc because the hotel is very expensive on the drinks front. I mean 2.50 euros for a syrupy cola in a plastic cup! However we soon discovered
A supermarket nearby ( 1st road on the left next to the Trebol App) so we would stroll down to town for lunch and on the way home stocked up on drinks to keep in our air conditioned rooms.
We literally only ordered drinks during dinner. Also it is hit or miss with how polite the waiting staff
Is to you. They are very fond of telling you where they think you should sit in the restaurant, you don't have to oblige! Don't forget you have paid good money to stay here and you are the paying
guest. You will not have an awful holiday, but for us it also wasn't the best holiday we ever had.
Costa Teguise is great as a town and we really enjoyed the beach. Go on then Volcano tour if you
can, and we also went to Teguise market, both booked through Last Minute Excursions right on
beach promenade.
One word of warning!! The plastic grates that are around the edge of the pool are loose and unsafe,don't stand on them. A lot of people were crashing through them and hurting their feet/ankles. Like I said 50/50, overall we had a good holiday because that is what we do, it is what you make of it.

Room Tip: Try not to stay on the top floor,ask for a room away from the indoor entertainment.We stayed On th...
2  Thank Esther44-224
Reviewed August 29, 2013

just (an hour ago) returned from this great hotel. Why people leave bad feedback I just dont know. The hotel reception ladies were very helpful, the rooms are large (there were 3 of us in the room) they were cleaned every day and the food is great. SO much choice I dont know why anyone would grumble - plenty of selection that should suit the vast majority of people. The pool could be warmer is my only issue. The animation team didnt harrass anyone nor did the spa ladies which was very refreshing as we are normally harrassed to death in Sharm el Sheik! The spa by the way is great - its free to all inclusive guests which is brill and the massages which are payable are well worth the money. I have looked for next year again which to me says everything. I can be quite picky so to go back is a very big plus point. Hope you enjoy this hotel cos its well worth a visit.

Room Tip: We were on a low floor so the view wasn't amazing but we didnt sit on the balcony so if you aren...
4  Thank kim m
Hesperia Lanzarote
Hesperia Lanzarote
#2 of 4 in Puerto Calero
Barcelo Teguise Beach - Adults only

Been to Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa? Share your experiences!