First time to this hotel, although we know the area well. Room was very spacious and comfortable - on the ground floor (even though I specified higher up). All staff were very helpful and friendly and once they knew your face, even more friendly. The bar staff in the Monkey Bar were also very quick to serve and chatty once they recognised you. Cleanliness was of a good standard and the maids didn't rush you out of your room to clean. Entertainment was good, though obviously repetitive and the in house band needs a little more variation in its act. The animation team were also very willing to entertain and help. The only niggle we had (which was more my partner) was with the evening meal, the hot meals were not very good. The roasts were often dry, and the vegetables peculiar (roast pork with curried potatoes? or pureed pumpkin?) and the vegetarian options weren't pleasant. There didn't seem to be much planning in getting a menu that gelled together. However I found the salads very good and desserts were also good. Breakfast was excellent and lovely to find poached eggs, freshly cooked to order.
It was a shame that when we visited the weather was very windy, and therefore the pools not utilised very much (so no towel rage of any sort) but at least we missed the rain from the previous week.
One thing I do wish is that these hotels would include coffee/tea making facilities etc as a normal part of the booking. It is annoying to have paid quite alot for the holiday, only to find if you want 'extras' such as this, or a robe etc., you have to pay yet more - why?? In England it is normal to have these things in your rooms, so why not on holiday?
We did enjoy our stay here, but the niggles with the food unfortunately will mean we won't be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Package deals include flights from UK and accomodations for three nights minimum ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Coronas Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coronas Playa Costa Teguise
- Hotel Coronas Playa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise