“Been back again”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Costa Teguise
Hotel Coronas Playa
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Been back, 5th time, like I said before a great base for exploring or relaxing, we went all-in, food is good, really bugs me when people moan about trivial stuff; not like back home and all this; I have never had any complaints, but we still ate out a number of times, silly not to try other restaurants, found a great Tapas bar just outside to the left between a supermarket and new chinese restaurant, ran by mother and son, open from 09.00 - 22.00 had a couple of very nice evenings there and cheap, 4 of us 7 dishes + 3 bottles of wine and coffee under 70 euros, a 3 course set menu with a drink 7.50 euros. Also down in town take the path back round to the hotel and almost the last shops past the bars a wonderfull ice cream parlour, do a fantastic iced coffee + milk shakes. In other words enjoy the hotel but get out and have a taste out and about and explore there are loads of hidden gems around and plenty of hospitality from the locals.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 25taff

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in september/october. The hotel itself i not the most attractive hotel i've ever seen, but very clean and respectable. We found the food to be very good for a all inclusive and to be honest if you couldn't find something then you really are a moan. The red wine is very good, and you can have branded drinks also. The hotel does appear to attract the older generation and nothing wrong with that but even my husband (56) felt a bit young at times. It does seem to have people coming back year after year which speaks volumes. The acts that were on at 9pm at night, some were very good. There is a few cats but they dont bother you.
THE ONE THING i have to say i have stayed in the seaside grand which is a small leading hotel of the world and a lot of 5* and I have never had friendlier and more helpfull staff ever. They are a credit to the hotel and its management. If a good deal came up for this hotel I would certainly return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lynn3879
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Well we spent a week at this hotel with my Parents from the 28th October to the 1st of November.
Unfortunatly this hotel does not match up to any of the other Thompson Gold Hotels we have stayed at. The evening entertainment was medioca at best, if your over the age of 60 then in may be acceptable to you, the Money Bar was closed and we had been told its the best place for the under 45's and when it opend it was ok, the Hotel is Adults only but this bar is not as it had many children in it, which you are not informed about. If your fit and dont mind the many steps at this hotel and are not generally fussy about your food then if should be fine. My husband suffered an upset stomach whilst there we noticed while eating a burger at the pool bar I suggested he checked to make sure it was cooked and it was raw, so just be aware. Many sunbeds on offer and you can use the hotels towells for a 10 Euro deposit returned at the end of your stay. My parents went on many trips as the lack of daytime activites suited to them as shown in the brochure were not there!! The best one was Timanfya and visiting the Aloe farm and worth every penny. Also the Catamaran trips adults only was ok, dont expect waiter service the food was ok if you liked Pasta and sauce, drinks were plentyful, just remember before boarding take your shoes and socks off as its safer in bare foot onboard. The worst trip was the market, its full of junk very expensive you can buy the same things for a fraction in the town a 15 min walk away from the hotel. The walkway along the front is set up for walkers and bikers dont walk on the red path this is purley for cyclists and you could easily knock you over as they are so fast.

Room Tip: We had 211 & 212, its very quiet right oposite the bottom pool, no noise at night from any music...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sara B
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed in August but waited for the outcome of a complaint letter to Thomson. We should have just done this sooner! Complaint procedure was a complete joke!

It’s simple; it’s old, run down, dated not worth the money and should not be ‘Gold’. The whole building needs lots of updating and refurbishment. Evenings felt like Butlins. We were unlucky to have the worst housekeeper in history that did not clean well at all. So yes, I do see thick dust, fluff, bodily remnants etc under my bed as something that spoils my holiday. Beer stains, the chipped tiles, the holes in our ceiling all added to the disappointment. Air con was rubbish.

Flaking tarmac stuck to your feet as you walked around to pool area. The Tarmac had been used to infill the broken mosaic tiles around the pool. The pool was freezing cold so very few guests went in.

Food was fine and most of the staff were lovely. The pool bar was good!

We were charged 45 euros to move rooms due to an overly large cactus spoiling our view and we had asked for a high room when we booked. This was not an upgrade but we were still forced to hand over the money. I was even told by the male receptionist that ‘you give me the money and I’ll give you the new room key’. This was the only refund from Thompson complaint department. Whoopee, they gave us money back that should not have been charged in the first place.

Come on folks, be honest with your reviews, this is the only way that hotel’s like this one can be improved. All of the staff admitted that nothing had been done to the place for 12 years so why don’t you?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cathy c
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I booked this holiday last minute, a couple of nights before we went we read a really negative review re a colony of cats and wondered what we had let ourselves in for. Yes there were a few cats but they were well fed and did not pester you at all. What was fantastic was the attentiveness of the staff and the good choice and quality of food. The Thomson reps were outstanding, very helpful and I liked the 2 pool system of quiet pool or be entertained throughout the day pool area, both of which had plenty of sunbeds. Despite the 10am no towel rule you instead had the mentality of I must have the same place every day, so bodies would appear in the same spot from 9am in the morning, bit pathetic and unnecessary as breakfast was still being served!
I had to have the doctor out one night as I had breathing problems and bronchitis, a doctor arrived within 20 minutes and I saw a doctor for the next 4 days, despite a hefty bill the treatment given was fantastic and meant I could still enjoy my holiday, my travel insurance has since come through thanks to the supportive letter from Leigh the Thompson rep.
We went on a couple of trips, but if you just want to unwind and not venture out very far this is the holiday for you, entertainment was of a high standard and rounded off the evening nicely! Top marks Thompson.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lynn w
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Booked this hotel after seeing T/A views and wasnt dissapointed the staff absolutley fabulous nothing too much trouble, the food excellent you have to be the fussiest eater in the world not to find something on the menu you like,well cooked and tastey,management very approachableto the point on the first evening we went to eat, the restaurant manager saw us before we sat down to ask if we had any allergies and then each evening a list of evreything that contained seafood was given to me when we checked in for the evening meal now i call that excellent service, the rooms were enormous and the whole hotel was spotless well done Coronas playa,The only minus side was there was a change in the thomson reps as we arrived and i have to say the woman Zara was brilliant, but the rep resort manager B should not be in the job in 1 week he upset at least a dozen customers with his "well what do you want me to do " attitude dont book the sunday market with Thomson unless you findout first if it goes straight there and back we did and although the market is about 15 mins travel thomson use a bus that dropss off and picks up evry where so we sat on the bus for 2 and a bit hours to come back nightmare but this has absolutely nothing to do with the hotel, If you want a relaxed holiday then you wont get better than this and if you want more then the town of Costa Teguise is 15 min walk up path by sea so best of both worlds,

Room Tip: we were by the top pool classed as the quiet pool no music or pool games the pavilion was just acros...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank susan k
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff at this hotel were fantastic, friendly and could not do enough for you, Entertainment
could not be faulted, although the main bar was closed for 6 days for maintenance.the pool bar
was used instead but Hey H0! that was not a problem would definately go back-- as soon as possible!! Food was buffet style but to a high standard.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the pavillion got late afternoon sun, the top level (there were two po...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple