Hotel Coronas Playa
$105
BlueBay Lanzarote(Costa Teguise)
$112
  • Pool
Melia Salinas - Adults recommended(Costa Teguise)
$148
$133
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Oceano Apartments(Costa Teguise)(Great Value!)
$61
$105
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Lanzarote Mar(Costa Teguise)
$110
  • Restaurant
HD Beach Resort(Costa Teguise)
$318
$69
$83
$78
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Sands Beach Resort(Costa Teguise)
$68
2,723 results
All reviewsmonkey barthomson goldthomson repsgold hotellower poolgarden suiteselect roommellow yellowresident bandevening entertainmentbranded drinksaverage ageentertainment teamtea and coffee making facilitiesrooms are hugedaily quizolder generation
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Arrived her for 1 week stay, had tried to book All inclusive at time of booking with travel agent but they couldnt do, it yet others had without a problem....thanks for that Thomson....upgraded in resort at a cost of Euros 264 which if booked i Uk would only have been Euros 230!! we then asked for tea/ coffe making facilities which are usuually standard, or at least somewhere to get a beverage early morning, none available unless we either a) paid to hire a kettle...15 Euros for the week then we had to buy our own tea/ coffee/ milk/ sugar etc or b) upgrade to a comfort package at a cost of 3 euros per person per day extra and we could have tea/coffee in room!! (Euros 42 for coffee etc for a week....a bit steep!!) TV had 5 channels and the rest sound without picture ......guess what....you could watch all the other channels for a further 3 euros per day (21 Euros for the week). The hotel was tatty, rooms were spacious but we had problems with cockroaches in the room and on the balcony despite being sprayed, on several occasions......I dont buy the story we were spoonfed that they arent a hygiene issue like anywhere else....if that IS the case then people should be told about them before their vacation much the same as they are prepared fo mossies elsewhere. The average age of clientele as it is a Thomson "Gold" which purely means no children, was 75years. We had to watch the "sunbed stretch" put on by the entertainment crew each morning at 11, which is basicallly keep fit for the elderly who cant stand up to do it!!The very amateurish entertainment was aimed at this age group along with the acceptable but plain bland food. I have nothing against elderly people but i feel that peoplpe should know there is nothing to do here unless you are elderly. Nearby beach is rocky and dangerous, sandy beach about 2km away aswell as shops , bars etc. The three reps at the hotel had no clue what they other were doing, each one gave different info, and they were most unhelpful. Service at bars was slow and snacks at lunchtime also had the same snail paced service.
To sum up this was a money-grabbing hotel offering far below average facilities and was aimed at the eldery market in all ways except location which was so far out of resort would have proved a problem for the majority of its guests. It tries to masquerade as a quality hotel yet falls short on every level. I would never return to this hotel and didnt much care for Lanzarote either.....was the worst holiday we have had in 10 years.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
11  Thank nikita1961
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Just returned from a weeks stay at the Corona Playa. We visited 4 years ago and Im afraid to say the standards have slipped. The hotel is looking very tired and in need of a refurb... The pool area is unclean, the area and beds were not washed down at all during the week we stayed and saving beds was a major issue, so much so the management had the pool attendant remove all towels one morning at 7 am.
Meal were poor same every night if you like pork you were in for a treat.
Went all inclusive paid for 7 days arriving late Sunday night and being told our all inclusive finished at 11am the following Sunday morning.
Over run with cats and 2 more were pregnant .
Not forgetting the cockroaches that were everywhere, not surprising when you see people bringing food out the restaurant to feed them and even the cats were turning their noses down,
On a positive note oh yes there is one, Tony the Thomson Gold rep was very amusing around the pool side during the day..

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank annWorc_s
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I have just returned from a wonderful holiday with my mum at Coronas Playa. It was the first time I'd ever been on a Thomson Gold holiday and I wasn't sure what I'd make of it but I had a great time. My review is much the same as others who have enjoyed it. The hotel is extremely clean and rooms are very big. We had 605 which had a great view over the top pool and of the sea. Tony and Sam did a great job with daily poolside activities and lots of people joined it which made it good fun however there wasn't ever any pressure and many enjoyed being spectators. We upgraded to a superior room and the extras were worth having. We were all inclusive which was excellent value. The food was good and varied. There was always a selection of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes. Crisps and ice-creams were available from the poolside bars during the day on all inclusive and peanuts were served with evening drinks if requested. Lunch was served on the terrace and it was a bit repetitive but again always some choice.
The Score, Les and Lesley the resident entertainment duo were great and sang a wide range of songs, something for everyone. The other entertainment was also good during the week I was there.
People have made negative comments about the sunbeds and they could do with replacing but are perfectly adequate. The management have made a stand with the towels on the sunbeds and during my stay removed them before 9.00am if you weren't there which is fair enough. My mum and I always got a sunbed no matter what time we went to the pool.
The only negative for me was the fact that your all inclusive finishes at 11am irrespective of what time you arrived. We arrived at 9pm and left at 6pm. We were given a lunch voucher for lunch and a drink but I think it would have been a nice gesture to remain all inclusive until departure.
Many of the clients are over 60 however there are also a lot of daughters around 50ish with their mothers and a few under 50 too. I must say that these hotel clients are absolutely the friendliest bunch of holiday makers I've ever met. Often I met 4 or 5 friendly couples but here everyone seemed to chat with each other in a very relaxed fashion. We had numerous offers of use of a shower for our late departure.
One useful tip - the sign at reception says that you have to pay for WiFi and it isn't cheap. However if you are happy to use your laptop in the reading room or reception it is free and this isn't made very clear. Just click on 'coronas reception' when your laptop gives you your WiFi choices.
If you need any info just message me and I'll be happy to oblige.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank ALH57
Reviewed June 4, 2011

We have just returned from 11 nights at the Coronas Playas and we can state without a doubt that it is a lovely hotel. Very clean and staff very friendly and they all put in that little extra effort to please. I have just read some negative reviews and really feel that these comments are totally unjust. Excellent value for money and on meeting quite a few other guests here they all said the same, dont be put off !!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with view of the lower pool.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank micky076
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Lovely place, although had full board, loved the breakfasts but declined evening meals, bit bland, also on account of such a lovely stroll along beachfront to some realy good restaurants on the seafront and in costa teguise- well recommended stroll.Really quiet round poolside in day which was great because of no kids, rooms large, kept very clean and great balcony, ones facing pool gets you the sun late afternoon/evening, must agree with all comments about people putting towels on sunbeds early then going to breakfast! and some of sunbeds had seen better days and need replacing, staff very pleasant and always smiling, bar closing at 1 was a bit strange especially when place was still packed.evening entertainment was what it was, saw some really good acts and some not so good one's! overall had a really relaxing time and would highly recommend it, and it's not full of old people.! and cat's about place were hotels,well kept and you never saw any rodents so they obviously earned their keep.

Room Tip: ask for one that's overlooking bottom poolside
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple