We booked this as a last minute holiday, having failed to get a booking at the other H10 hotels on the island which we have stayed in frequently before.
On the positive side, the hotel itself is fine, very clean and well maintained, with excellent facilities for families with children. The apartment was spacious with a reasonably equipped kitchen (thankfully, as will be evident later in the review) and was thoroughly cleaned six days a week. The gardens were also well maintained. The staff are excellent and very helpful.
The big let-down was the food - we found a lot of it to be not cooked properly (eg burnt bacon, burnt garlic bread, overcooked chips) or not prepared properly (eg lettuce which had obviously been shredded a while ago as the ends were brown). Also the choice was very limited. We had booked all-inclusive, which we have done previously in H10 hotels with great success, but were totally disappointed on this occasion.
To cut a long story short, the reception staff - at our request - tried to get us booked into one of the other H10 hotels on the island, but without success. And so, because the hotel itself was fine, we decided to stay at Lanzarote Gardens but on a self-catering basis, We were given a refund of the price difference, although probably this wouldn't have been possible if we had booked through a tour operator/travel agent - we had booked direct with H10 and had paid them ourselves on arrival. So we ended up eating out 3 times at night, and cooking in the apartment the rest of the time, which was OK but not the original intention and not as relaxing.
So if you don't mind what you eat, or don't mind cooking yourselves , in our opinion this hotel is fine!
And by the way , there are no lifts, although a member of staff carried our cases up to our apartment on level 3.
This is a three-star hotel, the other H10 hotels on the island are four-star. In future we will choose one of the others!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its ideal location in Costa Teguise, H10 Suites Lanzarote Gardens is a hotel designed for families with children. in a contemporary, welcoming design, the hotel has the modern Suites, heatable pools, a fun pirate boat with slides and a family area with a children’s buffet at the Famara Restaurant. The hotel also offers an extensive programme of entertainment to ensure that children and adults alike have a fantastic time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your H10 Suites Lanzarote Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Lanzarote Gardens Hotel Costa Teguise
- Lanzarote Gardens
- h10 Lanzarote Gardens Costa Teguise
- H10 Suites Lanzarote Gardens Costa Teguise