“Excellent family hotel”

Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Cumbria
“Excellent family hotel”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Brilliant hotel geared up for families of all ages. 'Kids' clubs twice a day for 0-3' 4-8, 9-13 and even one for teens which gives them some supervised time away from parents.
Food - always a good choice of salads, bread, cheeses, pasta, rice potatoes, grilled meat & fish & other sauce based dishes. Never had anything that wasn't cooked properly & never struggled to feed ever ourselves or the kids.
Have booked to return this summer for 2 full weeks & can't wait !!
Entertainment team were the best we have seen from the kids & adults daytime activities to the excellent shows they put on at night - they work so hard and it shows.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsWolfCumbria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
east Yorkshire
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Most of the reviews have said it before....but if you needed any re assurance this place surely must rank as the best family hotel in Lanzarote.

I can't put my finger on what makes this place perfect, but everything and everybody who works there seems to pull together to make for a fantastic holiday for every person who visits this little piece of heaven in Costa Teguise.

The animation team are top class and brilliant entertainers. Reception, bar staff, waiters, cleaners and even the maintainence staff all have a cheery 'hola' for everyone, and kids are treated like VIPs

No hotel is perfect, but this one comes very near.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Picman
Whitby, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have just returned after a 1 week break. (2 adults + 2 children - aged 10 and 7)
We were self catering as we enjoy eating out on a night but we did pay for 2 days all inclusive while we were there which cost us £73 per day for the family. The food was good although it was a bit noisy and hot in the restaurant on a night but cannot fault the price for the food and drink available. There are lots of restaurants just out of the hotel, cross the road and head towards the beach. We liked Barccus (not sure if spelt like that) lovely food.
The entertainment was excellent with activities 10-12 then 3-5 and a show on the evening.
The kids enjoyed football, basketball, hockey and lots more. We hardly saw the eldest one as plenty of kids for him to play with and our younger boy also had a friend and even when he was in the play area near the pool we could watch out for him. It was nice to be able to sunbathe and read a book knowing the kids were happy. Happy kids, Happy parents!! Sunbeds always available even when we chose to spend the morning fishing or on the beach.
Our room had all we needed for self catering and a lovely balcony which overlooked the pool.
The kids keep asking when we can go here again and hopefully we will be back next year. We all had a great time.

Room Tip: We were in room 231 overlooking pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Mark N
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just back from a week in Lanzarote Gardens Hotel. We stayed on a half board basis and were very satisfied with the service and food provided. The hotel staff are friendly and very helpful especially reception staff. Apartments are very clean and have modern feel to them. The pool area is excellent and kept very clean. Great entertainment provided throughout the day for all-toddlers, juniors teens and adults, and a show each evening.
This is an excellent hotel and would definately go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BMAG2
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Lanzarote Gardens. We had a week stay in late March so the hotel was not too full. Although German school hols must have started as there were a lot of German families.

We stayed on the B&B rate and we thought the breakfast was excellent, there was lots of choice and all the food was great quality, with a great selectn of fresh fruit and freshly cooked breakfast too.

The staff were really friendly and spoke excellent English, always happy to help with local directions or helping make calls tour return transfer company.

The rooms were spacious and clean with a small but useful kitchenette with microwave, coffee maker and fully working oven. The bathroom was newly refurbished so nice and clean and modern.

The grounds were well kept and lovely flowers and plants made it look vey nice. We didn't spend much time at the pool as it was only 200 yards from a great beach but the pool area is large, lots of sunned ands well kept - although the pool was not heated and it was a bit chilly!!

This was advertised as a 3 star, but I would rate as almost a 4 star. The facilities, apartments, staff and service, cleanliness etc were all fantastic. We would recommend for couples or families.

Stayed March 2013
2 Thank simmymiles
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Fab low rise spacious apartment in lovely setting. Two great pools and plenty of room for sunbathing. Lots going on for children. Nice poolside bar for drinks and snacks. Great breakfast with lots choice! Evening meal ok with lots choice but self service cafeteria style so ok for a couple of nights but so many great restaurants in Costa Teguise that need to be discovered. Fabulous white sand beach literally across the road from the complex with shops bars on tap. All in all a great holiday, would recommend and will return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank foodaholic0403
Milton Keynes
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have just returned from a fabulous week at the Lanzarote Gardens with my 6 year old son. We both had a fantastic time.

The hotel is spotless. Everywhere you looked there were staff cleaning, tidying, sweeping and polishing. All staff members without exception were happy and polite. Our bathroom door handle broke and there was someone there fixing it within an hour of reporting the problem. I have to say it was one of the happiest places I've stayed at, and this of course reflected in the contentment of hotel's guests. The general sense of happiness is helped no end by the extraordinary efforts of the animination team who work indefatiguably to make everyone's stay enjoyable. We thoroughly enjoyed all the dancing, games, kids clubs, discos and extremely impressive evening shows - Cats, Grease and The Lion King amongst them - all carried out by the small team of animation staff. Thank you to each of them, particularly Mario, who just had me in stitches at times, particularly with his improvised lyrics to Gangnam Style during a dance at the swimming pool one afternoon.

We had top floor room 316 in Block 2 which was peaceful and had a great view overlooking the pool area. The rooms are very well appointed, with a lovely little kitchen area with all necessities for self catering, although we weren't. The bathrooms are modern and the shower was fantastic. The beds were two singles pushed together which was fine for myself and my son. They were rather hard but we got used to them. There were two TVs - one in the bedroom and one in the living area - and my son enjoyed the Disney Channel in the mornings before breakfast, but apart from that we didn't really watch it. Other English channels were Channel 5 (bizarrely), Sky News and BBC News.

The food I thought was very good, especially if you took advantage of the show cooking available each day. I recommend the omelettes freshly cooked at breakfast and the children all loved the fresh pancakes. Plenty of salad and fish - all very fresh and well cooked. Loved the little children's area although I found the kids food available in that area rather limited and pretty unhealthy. I found myself supplementing my son's plate with fresh veg and protein as the week went on. I think they could strike a slightly better balance there.

A lot of thought had gone into the layout of the main area. The children's eating area leads straight out into a ball pond for shaded play while the adults finish eating. Everything felt very safe indeed and the kids clubs and playgrounds (there are two) were really lovely. I enjoyed the way everything was very centrally located - for example, I could sit at the pool bar having a drink and still keep an eye on my son from there whether he was playing in the park of in the children's pool. Likewise, if I was sunbathing, I was very aware of what he was up to and didn't feel a need to worry about him. Inevitably anyway, there was usually some activity going on organised by the animation team which he quickly got involved in (as did I on many occasions!). Endless fun.

The hotel is in a great sport. There is a doctor's surgery and chemist right outside, a pleasant shopping centre across the road, and the beach fifty yards or so beyond that. It took about 20 minutes from the airport and cost me €22 each way in a cab.

This is definitely a hotel for families. The restaurant/canteen is noisy and child orientated, so be prepared for that. All in all a fabulous place and I have already booked to return.

The one proviso I would make is that, even though I paid €20 for Wifi access for the week, it was very difficult indeed to get any sort of reasonable Wifi signal anywhere apart from Reception. This is extremely offputting as I did have to work while I was there, at least for an hour or so each day. I could not get a signal at all in our apartment and this really was a genuine nuisance for me. I have booked to return to Block 3 which, so I am told, has a better Wifi signal as I do have to keep an eye on emails while away, as do many others. I find this rather irritating as I would rather not be in Block 3 as I prefer to be nearer to the main pool area. Still, needs. must. I do think the hotel should address this problem as, at €20 a pop, they should be able to supply decent Wifi access in this day and age.

All in all though, a great holiday, and thanks to all who made it so.

Room Tip: If Wifi is important to you, Block 3 apparently is the way to go, but check!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort
Hesperia Lanzarote
Hesperia Lanzarote
#2 of 4 in Puerto Calero

Been to H10 Suites Lanzarote Gardens? Share your experiences!