Just before I start I'm not one go to the trouble of posting on this site be I really feel like I need to after the best family holiday we have had in 8 or 9 years of family holiday ....
We have just arrived home after 10 nights staying in the sands beach from the 11th July till 21st July and I can honestly say for start to finish it was absolutely brilliant !!! My wife and I are on our mid 30s and have two kids aged 6 and 10 .
The resort itself is spotless and the apartments are extremely spacious .our room a superior room which for the sake of a few quid extra is well worth it .... Had a main bedroom , a pull down bed hidden in sliding wardrobes ( which was great because you can just swing it back up during the day making lots more room in the apartment ) it also had a pull out sofa bed , good sized kitchen ,bathroom and double sinks .The selling point for us was that it was was less then 20 steps to the pool which was great for us ... You could just chill on the patio and watch the kids at all times . We went half board as we had no choice because of such a short notice booking ... But the food for both breakfast and dinner was extremely good .... Each dinner was themed eg.Mexican,European,Asian and so on and the was plenty of fresh fruit and deserts ... The staff could not have been nicer and are great with the kids . There is also a great kids club (The buddy's club) our 6 yr old girl loved it .. The 10 years old boy was happier playing the pool or kayaking in the man made beach ... They had a kids disco every night and some entertainment for the parents..... The complex itself is only a short walk from some great restaurants (La Bohemia) just up the road great steak !!! And also a €3.50 taxi ride to the middle of costa teguise where there are plenty of restaurants and bars...
In regard to the complex itself I would recommend either the plaza Palmeras or plaza Montana because they have great views and close to the shop and reception .
In a nutshell .. If your looking for a crazy party up all night with the kids drinking session book somewhere else !!! But if you want a good FAMILY holiday where like us the kids are tired from daily activities and are fast asleep by 11 or 12 at night so you and the missis can chill on the patio with a glass of vino !!!!:-) This is the spot !!!!!
Dublin ,Ireland .
Palmeras 18 :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Beach Resort lies on the eastern coast of Lanzarote, 15 min from the airport, facing Los Charcos Beach and with direct access to the promenade. The resort is provided of its own beach, 13 swimming pools (7 adults and 6 paddling), restaurants, pub, supermarket, gym, health center, internet, 24h reception, parking, tennis court, entertainment, etc. The apartments are very spacious and comfortable, with safe, TV-SAT, microwave, fridge and freezer, oven, dishwasher, hairdryer, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Beach Resort Lanzarote/Costa Teguise
- Sands Resort Lanzarote
- Sands Beach Villas Lanzarote
- Beach Lanzarote Resort Sands
- Sands Beach Lanzarote
- Sands Beach Villas Resort
- Sands Beach Hotel Lanzarote