We have just returned from a week at Sands. We travelled to lanzarote somewhat fearful having read the poor reviews here. Our fears were unwarranted. Check in was fast and efficient. We were in apt 1 in Plaza Canarias. It was perfectly adequate. Some small signs of wear and tear but so has my home! The apartments are arranged around the pool so everyone only has to step out their front doors to the pool and sunbeds. It was great to be able to pop back in doors for snacks, drinks and the toilet.
This is a quiet resort so perfect for families but perhaps not so for those looking for a wild week in the sun. There were plenty of sunbeds to go around, no music can be played outside your apartment and it was very peaceful at night. The whole place was spotless. Our towels were changed every day and our beds three times over the course of the week.
We were self catering so breakfast and lunch came from the on site shop and/ or Dino's supermarket (out the front of the hotel turn left and it's on the right few minutes walk). Again the kitchen equipment provided was adequate for simple meals although a chopping board would have been a welcome addition. We ate in the various restaurants along the seafront instead of at Sands but one evening got a take away from the Hacienda restaurant which was lovely.
Only gripe is that two out of the seven pools are heated, the one at our plaza not being among them -but even that didn't bother the children too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Beach Resort lies on the eastern coast of Lanzarote, 15 min from the airport, facing Los Charcos Beach and with direct access to the promenade. The Resort is provided of its own beach, 13 swimming pools (7 adults and 6 paddling), restaurants, pub, supermarket, gym, health center, internet, 24h reception, parking, tennis court, entertainment, etc. The apartments are very spacious and comfortable, with safe, tv-sat, microwave, fridge and freezer, oven, dishwasher, hairdryer, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Beach Resort Lanzarote/Costa Teguise
- Sands Resort Lanzarote
- Sands Beach Villas Lanzarote
- Beach Lanzarote Resort Sands
- Sands Beach Lanzarote
- Sands Beach Villas Resort
- Sands Beach Hotel Lanzarote