Sands Beach Resort
Occidental Lanzarote Mar(Costa Teguise)
$183
$110
  • Restaurant
Melia Salinas - Adults recommended(Costa Teguise)
$154
$138
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Lanzarote Playa(Costa Teguise)
$177
BlueBay Lanzarote(Costa Teguise)
$128
$123
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sea Costa Bastian(Costa Teguise)
$124
Elvoline
Apartamentos Sol(Costa Teguise)
TripAdvisor
3,520 results
All reviewsmai taibeach frontplaza verdesoleil barhacienda restaurantbeachfront apartmentbuddy clubself cateringlagoon areaman made beachonsite supermarketprivate beachon site shopolympic poolfridge freezergames roomgreat holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great holiday all round such an amazing resort! Staff are friendly and always so helpful. Entertainment is poor however with nothing at all for teenagers and young adults to do at night. Apart from this an outstanding holiday will return next year

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We paid next to nothing for a 1 week stay at sands beach in a superior apartment. We were given an upstairs apartment in plaza verde an excellent location. This was around the new Olympic pool, this was great. There is other pools to use depending on ur needs, ie children etc.

the room was very clean, faultless in fact and I always find something yet couldn't with this. Very basic but has everything you need for self catering. New towels and cleaned every other day. No air con which is a shame however they do rent fans for an small extra fee which do the job. This was in our room before we go back from reception. Excellent service and very friendly.

We only had one incident which was a shame. The hotel restaurant opens at 7:30 and often there is a few ppl waiting to get in. There was no menu on offer so my husband tried to get a menu to see if we would like to eat there that evening a very rude member of staff was over the top on telling us the restrant was closed and to come back we tried explaining but just got no no no..... Shame cos we didn't go there because of her unhelpful attitude!

Other than that this was a fab place to stay very impressed and will return

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Mellislynch
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is my second stay at Sands Beach and I love it here. I was here the same week last year too. Overall the place is just fabulous. Great views, 6 different pool areas, good bar area by a pool with jacuzzi, good day time entertainment and kids club. Sports if you want it with canoeing, diving and windsurfing. Great breakfast and snacks at reasonable prices. The staff are really friendly and keen to help. I really think the night time entertainment could be improved upon and the Soleil Bar certainly could do with a facelift.

I stayed in a small classic apartment in Canarias. The room is a bit basic and you really only get ventilation when you are in the room by opening the patio door and bedroom window. It could do with modernising but it was perfectly fine. My room had no view at all, but that was ok as I didn't spend much time there. I would say there are very few rooms without some kind of view, although most ground floor rooms only have views of a pool. The first floor and two bedroom apartments seem to have better views.

The complex seemed quite busy but I was not disturbed by noise once.

I will comeback again soon and probably look to stay in one of the other Areas and try to get a view, which when you get one is stunning.

There are shops, restaurants and bars within 5 minutes walk. The main centre of Costa Teguise is only a further 10 minutes with a great choice of places to eat. There some good entertainment around too.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Archirep
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Sands Beach Resory in Costa Teguise is one of the best hotels I have been to in a long time. This review is for 2011 as we went to Fuerteventura this year (after 3 previous years here).

The Hotel has one of the best layouts and roo styles I have seen for a while. The hotel is split into 6 Plazas and one row of Beach Front Apartments. Each Plaza has its own pool and kiddy paddling pool along with enough sun loungers for eveyone on the Plaza. The Hotel also has a main Plaza known as the "Mai Tai Bar" which is the pool bar. This area also has a pool, jacuzzi and sun loungers for people whoi want to be around the daily activities.

Each room is like having your own Villa around a comunity Pool. they are really spacious, clean and well equiped. As I have mentioned previously we have been here three times stayed in different types of rooms. The rooms on the "Canarias Plaza" are quite small and a referred to as the "standard" rooms but they are like studio apartments and consist of one on top of the other. The best rooms by far are situated around the rest of the hotel and are called "Superior" rooms. We also found that the best Plaza was Montana as this plaza was the more quiter one nearer to the main reception as the others are disturbed by new commers dragging their suitcases across them.

We never stayed in the hotel to eat at the Hacienda Restaraunt, but heared it was quite nice.

The on site supermarket matches the prices of the high street supermarkets, but has limited stock.

To conclude, Sands Beach Resort has been the centre of the best holidays I have been on yet and i would never hesitate to go back any time soon!

Room Tip: When booking the hotel make sure that you choose a "Superior Room" as these are much more spacious and are like a villa inside.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lee C
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have never been so relaxed on a holiday in all my life. Sands Beach is perfect for people looking for somewhere to forget everything at home and just simply chill out.

The entire complex is beautiful, has everything you should require and is not too far away from all the seafront bars and restaurants. The staff are the friendliest bunch of people, always happy to help and speak better English than most of the British there!

We stayed in Plaza Canarias, which on here is made out to be the black sheep of the 6 Plazas. It's not, it has everything you need and we found it perfectly fine. It's basic but we paid the basic price. Who cares about granite worktops and renovated rooms? it's a holiday! You use the apartment to sleep and shower, apart from that, get out and explore!

September is a perfect time to go if you're looking for a very quiet holiday, so quiet around the pool you could hear a pin drop. Perfect for us as not many children about. A bit quiet in the town for us (we're both 19) and wanted something a bit livelier but I can't fault Sands Beach.

Already recommended to three people and only arrived home yesterday!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple