Occidental Lanzarote Mar
$125
$112
$105
  • Breakfast included
Melia Salinas - Adults recommended(Costa Teguise)
$149
$133
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
HD Beach Resort(Costa Teguise)
$319
$95
$92
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Sands Beach Resort(Costa Teguise)
$63
$69
Travelocity
$55
TripAdvisor
Oceano Apartments(Costa Teguise)
TripAdvisor
6,259 results
All reviewssuperior family roomadult only poolself servicefree buswellness centresaladair conentertainment teamkids clubpool barfamily holidaymini golfgreat holidayhot dogsevening entertainmentlarge hotelall inclusive drinks
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I can't understand how people can slag this hotel off. We paid a little extra and stayed in a superior family suite as we did last year. Room very clean, fresh linen & towels regularly. Entertainment team worked tirelessly morning, noon & night to entertain kids and adults and always had a smile on their faces. The pool bar was always well stocked with food, drinks, cups & ice cream. (not sure why some people have said this wasn't the case) there were only a couple of occasions when we had to wait for more food to come out which was no more then 5 mins and given that were only 2 people working the bar all day I think that's a pretty good turn around! (Some people have no patience!) evening entertainment was all tongue in cheek sometimes slapstick comedy but it was all part of it and was funny. The entrainment team worked hard all night getting everyone up dancing and getting everyone involved. Somebody mentioned not being able to get a drink (even water) after 11pm. It does say in the brochure that the bar is only open until 11pm. After the bar was shut we went over to the pool bar to fill our bottles up with water as the coolers were still full and ice cold. Couldn't fault the restaurant at all, plenty of variety for breakfast, lunch & dinner time and staff were always friendly. All in all we had a fab 2nd time there and will definitely be going back. Some people need to remember that it's rated 4star not 5!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Skates2609
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Ok I'm not sure why people slag this hotel off so bad all I can say is maybe there a bit fussy I have stayed in a lot of 5* . We stayed at the hotel last week for a week me my partner and our 5 year old little girl we checked in to the hotel about 9 pm check in was very smooth no problems at all we were shown on the map were our room was and told that the restaurant was open until 10 so we could get something to eat we were in block 1 room 1106 we had booked a superior room the room was very specious beds really comfortable the view was not the best from the balcony we looked over trees but how often are you in the room we had a sofa that was turned in to bed which was not really suitable she ended up in our bed the next day I went down and told reception and they put a full size bed which was great the problem sorted straight away the towels etc changed every day maids always said hello.
The beds we didn't find a problem always got beds before 11am even later they never let you put your towels down until 8 AM so people saying you had be up 6.30 - 7 am not sure what hotel they were staying in if you wanted a bed around the pool they were hard to get but it's like every hotel everybody wants to be a close as possible but were ever you are you were never far from the pool I mean even if you were right on top of the pool you still wouldn't let your 6 -7 etc year old in the pool on there own well I wouldn't
The entertainment team were amazing they worked very very hard to make both children and adults happy during the day there was always something going on and of a night they were just as good they had the children up dancing for mini disco then the show which all the children sat around the stage watching were good then when that finished they had them doing there dance they did and then a another disco until 12 playing all recent songs and few old ones.
Kids club was great did all painting, colouring, played games had there own pool, play area with slides face panting and the girls were brilliant looked after her felt safe with them with them and they had 2 sessions a day not been to many places that have that.
Now the only problem was the food it was not the best breakfast was great everything you need to start the day off, but lunch and evening meal not too good they had pasta, chips something food the children nuggets n beans they always had fresh fish and meat but that was it really pretty boring and what they had for tea last night u tend to have for lunch but the pool side bar was nice hot dogs burger chips etc the larger was one the best tasted brill and had spirits wine when ever you wanted I loved the idea of pour your own great you didn't have to wait to be served and the only time was when it was getting to 11pm and people stocking up because the AI finished there was a bar man called ALBERTO who worked very very hard and another bar man and girl who worked hard in the entertainment area.

Well I'm sorry to go on for so long I have wrote a few reviews so I hope this helps I tell the truth of what I thought I think negative comments are harsh and people should think before they write but I guess everybody has there own opinions the only reason it wasn't a 5 was the food oh and the hotel was spotless !!!!!!!

7  Thank Emma S
Reviewed August 26, 2013

A two week family holiday that offered everything we could want, food was of a high standard and all inclusive bars were self service and unlimited (no one just giving you a small glass of something) Beds were very hard but was supplied with a matress topper when asked for a softer matress.
Kids activity's and kids club kept our daughter occupied and she wanted to be there all the time!! Would reccomend this hotel to anyone who wants a good family holiday

4  Thank 981traveller981
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Myself, my fiance, and our daughter visited the Barcelo with 2 other families of 4, 28th July 2013.

Good Points.

1. Transfer only 15minutes.
2. Cleanliness of communal areas.
3. Coastline walk into the town centre.
4. Hook Cocktail Bar in the town (you have to try the daquiri and bora bora.)
5. The Steakhouse closest to the bungee trampoline next to the main beach. Lovely food.

Bad Points.

1. Cleanliness of rooms, even after cleaners had been.
2. Staff service. A smile costs nothing.
3. 45euros for the safe. Maybe this is normal but I have not been charged for this service before.
4. Pools too small for hotel.
5. Self service areas running out of glasses and drinks frequently.
6. Entertainment seemed a little disjointed.
7. Cannot get a drink, even water, after 11p.m. unless you want to pay, very unusual for an all inclusive.
8. Not a good selection of food, I am not a fussy eater, but a theme night might be a good idea a couple of times a week.

You will notice that a few of the good points had no relation to the hotel, I can only put this down to the fact that we found ourselves getting bored a lot at the hotel. On the plus side, Costa Teguise is a beutiful little town and has some lovely views. I look for a new destination each year, but would recommend costa to anyone, however I would choose a different hotel if I were to return in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Genius001
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family and I (Children aged 7 and 4) have just returned from a 9 night holiday here, and overall we all enjoyed it as a family holiday. However, as with most places, there are plus and minuses. Some of the reviews on here are fair but I think some are fairly harsh.
Check in was very efficient and the reception staff very happy to change our room as we weren't happy with a ground floor room. A nice touch was that all children were welcomed with a little goody bag - containing a flannel, toothbrush and colouring. The food in the restaurant was varied and very very good. Fresh food cooked in front of you, plenty of choice - lots for children too. I don't know what people are complaining about - the food was one of the plus's for us. However, the food around the pool at lunchtime looked pretty poor, so we never ate here - choosing to dine in the restaurant instead. The self service pool area is a problem - too many people and no queueing or in/out system,causing chaos. The pool area itself was very busy, as expected in August. I went down about 8.30-9 most mornings and never struggled to get a bed at this time - although beds around the main pool were normally taken. We had a Superior family room which was more than big enough and despite other comments, we found to be in pretty good condition - however the air conditioning was useless! Thankfully the evenings were quite cool and keeping the windows open seemed adequate (not good if you had a ground floor room). The air conditioning needs improving in the rest of the hotel too - there's nowhere to escape the heat in the day.
The hotel was very clean. All the staff seemed more than happy to oblige. Restaurant staff were always very accommodating and polite despite long hours and very busy. We never had a problem with rudeness with any of the staff.
The free bus to the beach is great-and as others mentioned a lovely bus driver - very happy in his job! If you walk along the beach to the end in front of Hotel Melia Salinas, the beach is lovely and very quiet compared to the rest of the beachfront.
The evening entertainment wasn't great and again the room was very hot. We chose to play mini golf or sit in the main bar instead. The daytime entertainment was good but you had to seek out the entertainment team if you wanted children to join in. they didn't venture round the baby pool to tell you what was going on. However a lot seems to go on if you know about it!! My sons enjoyed football, crazy golf and the inflatable climbing wall. The water slides were a real bonus, keeping the kids entertained but I really feel they need a full time lifeguard sitting up there permantley to monitor behaviour as it did get a bit out of hand with people racing down before waiting for others to get out the way. My son was pushed down a few times too by bigger kids which isn't acceptable, and avoidable with somebody monitoring it. It seemed whenever the lifeguard wandered off, the trouble started again...until he returned an hour or so later. They need so many more lifeguards for the amount of guests in that pool. It's so busy - my guess is that if a child was in trouble in there, it would go unnoticed........very worrying.
All that said, my kids had a fantastic time. We wouldn't return but only on the basis that there's a big wide world out there and plenty of other places to visit.