“Nice hotel - shame about the weather!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of BlueBay Lanzarote

BlueBay Lanzarote
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
chichester
“Nice hotel - shame about the weather!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from Blue Bay. First visit to Lanzarote. Flight from Gatwick delayed arrived at Hotel around midnight. On arrival no food or drink available, luckily we had eaten on plane. Had to find own rooms, no lifts, and we were on top floor ( I know there are only two floors, but it was a hike!). However, rooms were excellent and we got what we requested - balcony, pool and sea view. Rooms spotlessly clean, kettle and bottle of water supplied along with tea/coffee but no milk! Food good choices -staff lovely and very helpful. Had to pay for pool towels and wifi. Evenings lack good entertainment but found good bars - Monica's and the Cavern. This hotel in my opinion needs a comfortable lounge area, but I would comment that it was spotlessly clean. We enjoyed our break but don't think we would return to this particular hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SueRut

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This was our first ever holiday all inclusive and although I'm not sure if its for me this place certainly was brilliant value for money.
The staff were excellent and the hotel was very good.
The maid visited the room every day except Saturday which was fantastic and the complex as a whole was kept very clean and tidy in testing windy conditions.
The food was varied and of a very decent standard. Theme nights give you a little different choices from time to time.
The only thing letting the place down was the entertainment. Has to go down as the worst we are ever encountered. The team tried hard but seem to have very limited resources at their disposal.
Our 13 year old son found the complex could seriously improve with say a proper games room with a few machines or games for a evening.
The only other gripe was having to pay 20 euros for a week of wifi for 1 individual device. Many places do this free as standard these days so 20 euros for the family would have been bad enough but 60 euros for 3 people was just crazy.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank parsy72
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having stayed here at the end of April 2012 for a week, I can report that this hotel was fine!, I think all hotels can be a bit of a hit and miss at times, with contributing factors such as when you travel, the staff who are on etc...

The apartment we were in was 212 I think, it was clean( and that's always my main concern) adequately equipped etc, tv is rotten , as is most of the hotels,with very little in the way of English channels!

They could do with a coupe, of slides in the pool, but the location was surprisingly good,with buses stopping go outside the hotel, I don't fancy driving over there!

Loads of shops on nearby and a few good places to eat just about a mile or so down the road.

We found the hotel staff helpful and pleasant , but not so Thomas Cook staff(hit and a miss!)

The best go karts to be found in San Bartolome where they pick you up at the front door of the hotel, I really can't praise Irene and her set up at the go karts enough!!..free transport to and from , very competitive prices, very fast go karts for dads and lad!!..we are of again there at the end of this month but will be staying in playa blanca this time around as they have a waterpark at the hotel there!!

But overall this hotel is just fine, the maid never mopped the floor often but they are really busy and they have my sympathy and appreciation...we always had clean towels , leave old ones in the bath and they know to change them!

Food was not to my taste and a bit repetitive , but it's very edible.

All in all...a good , clean hotel which I would recommend for sure.

Sorry that my travel date says December 2012...this is because the drop list does not go any further back, I should have rated it before but was too lazy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank garry1974
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was our second time staying at the bluebay and had a great time like last year.most of the staff are very friendly but there are two that let them down but I must say Yasmin,Carlos and Rafael are especially friendly and very helpful and made our stay enjoyable.we have even booked to go back there next year.the sunbeds are very uncomfortable but like previous reviews say just buy a lilo to go on top and you will be fine.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank lydia c
Aberdare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Very pleased with the hotel, lovely and clean spacious rooms clean bedding and towels daily. Great all inclusive food and drink facilities. Lovely pools and tennis courts, and surrounding gardens. Staff were great very helpful and accommodating only issue that stopped me giving this a 5 out of 5 was the evening entertainment. After a weeks stay and entertainment every night only 1 night was acceptable. Inside & outside bars great thou!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank karra y
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

this was our third visit to the blue bay so we new what to expect
the lobby is very clean and staff are very helpful we emailed the hotel as we wanted a particular room and they accommodated us
the food is a good standard and nice to be able to have a snack around the pool the people who moan about the food I would like to know what they eat at home
the pool is a good size area with plenty of sunbeds so no need to reserve them if you do the staff take the towels of
the rooms are very clean and a good size
only went once to the entertainment and the singer was quite good
and well done to lola at the poolbar for keeping my vodka and cola lite flowing
we will be going back again next year

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank shuffs861
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

For an all inclusive this place rocks! the best place Ive been for all inclusive meaning, "All Inclusive" no hidden costs anywhere. Dont get me wrong you could purchase drinks or ice creams if you wanted "brand" names but I found the local was ok.
When we first arrived we did think oh dear how far away is everything but within two days we had got our bearings and even caught a local bus to puerto del carmen. Costa Tequise centre and beach is only 15/20 minutes walk away or about 3 euros in a cab.
Costa Tequise is a quiet place in comparison to Puerto Del Carmen were we have stayed before but I did find that I preferred the way of life in Costa Tequise.
The Hotel was really nice and clean and the receptionists and all the staff were very helpful. I have to say a special thank you to Alexandra on reception who was very helpful and advised us on bus timetables etc.
Typically british thing to say but one complaint was that the only english tv in the hotel was bbc world news which did get rather tiresome. We did find Monicas Bar just on the corner of the hotel which showed British channels, and were we managed to watch Strictly Come dancing! :-)
Another complaint was the beds were very hard I ended up putting the brown blanket under the sheet for added support and this did seem to help. The sunbeds were white platics ones so you do need to buy a lilo or a sponge base if you want to stop out for more than a few hours.
All in all good choice made by my better half for booking here, just dont tell her I said that!

Room Tip: We stopped in E block looking over the tennis courts