We booked the BlueBay a while ago as we got a fantastic price for me, my partner and 2 year old son. We read the reviews and agreed it wasn't going to be luxury as that is not what you pay for. This hotel is a very good 3 star hotel and worth the money paid. The rooms are modern and spacious with plenty of wardrobe space and space to put the cases etc. I did have an issue with our shower and sink not being cleaned but on the whole it was reasonably clean. Also please be aware the towels are not changed on a saturday and I hadn't read this before I went and so never realised but reception did give me new towels when asked. We were in block E room 310 which had a sea view and was away from the theatre used for the night entertainment and was very quiet. We emailed the hotel before we went to ask for the top floor room in E block as we had read it was the quieter area and our request was granted without a problem. The reception staff that we dealt with were very friendly and helpful and the staff in the restaurant were especially friendly. The service in the restaurant is fantastic and the only issue regarding service is at the pool bar as the soft drinks and beer are self service which is great but there weren't many staff serving if you wanted an alcoholic drink or ice cream.
The food is nice although there is not a lot of choice and was mainly disappointed with the variety of desserts but as I said you get what you pay for and was fine for the week we were there. We ate out one evening at la hacienda (tex mex) in the centre of Costa Teguise which was very nice and would recommend as an alternative if you fancy a change. We didn't see any of the shows in the hotel as we walked into Costa Teguise every night which is about 15 mins walk away. However, we did take part in a couple of the quizzes which were on later when we came back which were good.
The pool area really does need looking at as there are many parasol bases cemented into the ground but not enough parasols to go in them and yes the pool tiles do need replacing desperately as even some children were making piles of them at the side of the pool. My other gripe is the pool toilets, please can someone mop the floor during the day I felt like doing it myself it was hurrendous and to top it off there was no soap in these toilets throughout the holiday.
Overall we had a nice week in a good 3 star hotel which was well worth the money we paid but feel a few issues need looking at which would make it a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments just 300m from the beach at Costa Teguise, Lanzarote. Ideal for family holidays full of sun, fun and sport on the fabulous Canary island. Ideal for adults and children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your BlueBay Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Lanzarote Hotel Costa Teguise
- Hotetur Lanzarote Bay Costa Teguise
- Hotetur Lanzarote Bay Hotel
- BlueBay Lanzarote Costa Teguise