If you want decent evening entertainment look elsewhere - the Bluebay team are at best amateuristic in their approach to entertainment.
The daytime activities are ok, it doesn't take much to get a crowd together and throw a dart or shoot and air rifle - it is the evening entertainment that they struggle with.
Their Legends dance show is the three of them dressed up in ill fitting costumes, they all looked like they could do with a good wash !! Bad choreography, bad music and bad dancing.
We had a quiz - the audience was mainly British - there were five music questions followed by five pictures and then 5 more music and 5 more pictures, so 20 questions in all. For this format we needed almost 10 minutes of instruction. So the first picture goes up on the screen, with the title of the jpeg being the answer to the question !! When we pointed this out, the "quizmaster" thought we needed more instructions as to the format of the quiz ??
The reptile and bird show were interesting - over fairly quickly though. You have the chance to have your photo taken with the animals afterwards, but you have to have their photos at 20 Euros a pop ! They stand in front of you to stop others from taking pictures and get rather shirty if you persist with your camera.
On New Year's Eve they shipped in a three piece Spanish rock band - not a great sound and not a great choice of songs either. They had a break at 11:30 when the three animation staff took over again and managed to clear what dancers had ventured onto the dancefloor with some unknown garage/house music. They did play Moves Like Jagger which had everyone up dancing but they soon stopped the dancing with another track from their dull repertoire. After the gongs at midnight my party started a rendition of Auld Lang's Iron, which was very quickly comuted to almost everyone doing the 'dance'. This was again too much enjoyment for the three amigos - they started playing more music halfway through it our song !!
The hotel rooms are clean and comfortable and the resort/area is lovely. The drinks are what they are - local and pretty tasteless although the Gin does have a bit of kick to it.
The food was average - plenty of choice but fairly bland. The salads were the best bit.
The New Year's Eve meal was very very nice by contrast - they really pushed the boat out for that meal.
Breakfasts were okay but very "samey" and not much to choose from on the hot counter.
It's a 5 or 6 minute walk to Playa Bastion with a nice beach and a few bars and shops and a 15 / 20 minute walk into Costa Teguise which is much more lively.
I would definitely go back, but would take a fe more Euros and venture into Costa Teguise every night for some entertainment and probably some hot food on a couple of nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments just 300m from the beach at Costa Teguise, Lanzarote. Ideal for family holidays full of sun, fun and sport on the fabulous Canary island. Ideal for adults and children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Otel, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your BlueBay Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Lanzarote Hotel Costa Teguise
- Hotetur Lanzarote Bay Costa Teguise
- Hotetur Lanzarote Bay Hotel
- BlueBay Lanzarote Costa Teguise