“We couldn't have asked for more”
Review of BlueBay Lanzarote

BlueBay Lanzarote
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Perfect hotel. Very, very clean, excellent staff. Food good for all inclusive and of course there was the self service bar.

It's quite a walk to the centre of town and the beach, around 15 mins. You can get a taxi for about 5 euros.

In all would go back to this hotel anytime, it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank Brad84
There are newer reviews for BlueBay Lanzarote

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My partner and I went to this hotel from the 2nd of Oct 2012 to the 9th. We couldn't of wished for a better place to stay. Easy walking into the main area and once there it was lovely. Lots of little areas to seek out. The hotel and all surrounding areas were spotless. The food was fine, could of been slightly better. Not alot for children to eat but, a nice friendly, family place to be. Pools very nice. We couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the main road, this also gives you a good view of the pool from your balcony t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Marilyn W
Reviewed October 12, 2012

three of us just got back from this lovely hotel,(women age 40 to 60)
we had a brilliant time,food lovely,staff so friendly happy to help,entertainment staff lovely great with the kids you could tell they really did like there job.they tried entertaining us at night it was very funny because it was so bad,but they tried so hard.proffesional entertainment dull except no limits they were good! the pool is cold but we needed it we picked a hot week,the sunbeds have no pads but i think this is because of hygiene,just buy a lilo and put on top,we did.
we had no kids with us but made lots of friends,no bad behaved kids or noise late at night it was so relaxing.lifeguard on duty everyday around pool told children off for dive bombing and messing about near younger kids and adults which i thught was good. no faults wth this hotel very clean and the gardens are lovely.
our rom was great big enough for us all,brilliant shower,hot water all the time,new towels,maids lovely.oh and soft loo paper.
if you go out take a walk to the square,10 mins walk,lots of bars,places to eat and live music,also go to the market on sunday 10 euro return on bus from hotel well worth it.
in all this holiday was the best and we enjoyed it all rom start to finish,dont read to much about the negatives people write because some are so minor.because the staff were lovely and i think this made our staff even better and we all would come back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank warden7
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here from 4th-11th oct for a week with my partner and 6 month old daughter. I was nervous about taking my baby away but once we got to our hotel I was instantly put at ease. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and the restaurant was very child friendly. The apartment was very spacious and we found the kitchenette extremely useful with having to make up bottles for the baby etc. the hotel is about a 20 min walk from the main town but a short walk away from the seafront. There was a good choice of food for breakfast, lunch & dinner and you also had the choice of eating at the pool bar. I would definitely recommend the hotel and would also go back again. A lovely hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank CPE80
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We was sold this holiday as a 4* but was actually a 3*, so disappointed first of all, reception area lovely and clean, room very spacious but had very bad ant problem, although rooms were cleaned (pretty much) every day they were still there, i found this annoying as had baby and ants got into her baby milk which ended up costing me more money then expected. Pool area had it ups and downs, there was alot of sunbathing space and plenty of sun beds which was nice, but the pool was very cold and needed alot of work doing to it, alot of the titles were missing and easily coming off, the sun bed were very uncomfortable (but with a lilo was not to bad), my worse complain would be with the food, it was very boring, very salty, i was there for 1 week and they repeated the food after 3/4 days, the snack bar was the same food every day, which was burger, sausage, dried up pasta, chips. very boring!!! after speaking to a couple whilst there they had been there 3 years running, they said this was the worse year yet, they advised it had been taken over by new management and there was alot less staff and the food selection was alot worse. the bar staff was unfriendly, the entertainment staff were nice and friendly. i had a lovely holiday overall, as i was away with my family but the food was the biggest let down, we eat out twice in the week due to this problem, we paid for all inclusive so was not expecting to spend this extra money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just returned after spending a week at Bluebay. We stayed here about 5 years ago, and the hotel has had a total refurbish and looks fantastic. The rooms were very clean and modern, the dining room is really nice and all the public areas were spotless. The weather was fantastic, apparantly it had been cloudy with a little rain the week before we were there, so we picked the right week, it was scorchio !!! We had emailed the hotel in advance to ask for an upper floor in Block B (where we stayed previously), but on arrival were allocated E131, this was on the ground floor, and was much better, it looked out onto the tennis courts and was very very quiet at night time, so we were pleased. I know quite afew people have mentioned the food, I have to agree, it is very repetitive, I am a vegetarian, I think the hotel thinks it caters for vegetarians by offering 3 'vegetarian' dishes, but one night there was the choice of sprouts, chips and potatoes, not a very balanced diet, also I watched the chef making omelettes, he used the same spoon for the tomato and ham! As someone else mentioned, you need to ask for the AI cocktail list as they don't advertise it, there are 6 to choose from, the beer isn't bad either. It's hard to find anything negative about this hotel, but I feel I must as that is what we do! The sunbeds were very very hard, you need to buy a lilo for definate. Also the beds and pillows in the room are also very hard. The biggest annoyance for me was the chairs in the dining room, they scraped on the floor every time anyone got up, all they need would be a rubber stopper or similar on the legs, it was so loud, and if you can imagine 20 or 30 people doing that at once it soon gets on your nerves. I liked the way they had segregated the dining room, families with children in one area, couples in another, and groups in another, it worked well. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, all in all we had a lovely week. We are planning to return here next year, it has definately improved.

Room Tip: We found E block to be very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Witchjo
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Food, accommodation, service, location, cleanliness, loved it all!
I am Ceoliac and was never once limited to choice of food and was told by the Maitre D' that on request they would prepare food especially for me.
I had only to ask on one occasion, the Oriental evening when, true to his word, I had a delicious, specially cooked chicken curry delivered to my table,
I hate to say about the one negative we found...... mattresses are wee bit hard but thank you Blue Bay Lanzarote, we loved it!

Room Tip: Block A rooms close to reception and dining room. Sun Loungers have no padding but lie-lo's can...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple