“pleasently surprised”

Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens
Ranked #36 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here in october, the rooms were basic but clean.The TV only had 2 english channels and they were news channels.We booked last minute and it was quite cheap for all incusive, the food was lovely we has something different every day. The 2 girls on the reception didnt look like they enjoyed there job,but the rest of the staff were great.Will agree with some of the other reviews about not enough chairs and shade, it was very hot while we were there and there was nowhere to sit.It was about a 15 minute walk to the nearest beach which was lovely and there is plenty of shops and bars in costa teguise its self.If you like to go on trips i would reccomend last minute travel, we did the grand tour which was fantastic and included a 3 course meal at lunchtime.We had a lovely 10 days here it was fairly quiet so no queues at the bar,and only a couple of kids which was a bonus,But this hotel is not 4 star maybe only 2!! We didnt see any entertainment so cant comment on that, but i think they had the normal shows like the bird show and bingo (not my cup of tea) All in all you get what you pay for we paid £750 for 10 nights with flights.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tina q
Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went to the osta Teguise Gardens in October 2012, two mature single friends just wanting to chill and explore. We had booked all inclusive but that was a mistake. There are so many lovely places to eat that next time I would only do B&B. Not much was all inclusive - had to pay extra for kettle, iron and had to leave a deposit for the TV remote (which took a while to work out!). General lack of good information - there was an intro meeting (on Fridays, so if you arrived on a Saturday for a week, you intro would be the day before departure!!). The rep said he would be around during the day but we didn't see him.
Food was OK (edible) but very canteen style and the salads were terrible. Pity any vegetarians that go there - sometimes bits of meat were chucked in with the vegetables!!
The maid service was pretty basic and some of the dust that was there on arrival was still there on departure!!!! Had to pay for bottled water!
The space outside was only round the pool and it was way too small for the amount of guests. It doubled as the outside bar area which was also too small - had to wait to be able to sit down. The pool itself was split in 3 - 1 for babies and small children and 2 for adults. They were the worst pools I have seen - all one depth with ricketty steps to get in and out with!!
Generally a very poor experience that we will not repeat

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ruth1952
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at this complex in august and to be blunt , if you re in to cockroaches , ants by the hundreds and spiders then this is the place for you ! Booking was with On The Beach Holidays , we only stayed two nights and had to move to another complex . We did everything by the book complaint wise with On The Beach , however we might as well uranated against the wind , never again will we book with this so called company . A holiday spoilt . As a family we have visited this island ten times but i strongly suggest keep away from this complex and the travel company .Conrad Davies , Bethesda , N Wales.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Me and my sister have just arrived back from a week at the Bea Sea Costa Teguise Gardens and we really enjoyed it. Try and go in with an open mind as the hotel is in my opinion nowhere near as bad as some have made it out to be on here.

I have to say we booked this hotel as a very last minite holiday and when reading the reviews on the place we were extremely concerned that we would have a horrible week. We were very pleasantly suprised. In honesty I was under the impression that this was a 4 star resort as I booked through on the beach that has a 4 star rating for the hotel but I now know this is operators rating not its official rating which is a 3 star. Taking this into consideration I am even more impressed with the hotel.

Arrival

We arrived in the middle of the day to the hotel (approximatly 2pm) and were greated by a very pleasant receptionist, she took all our details quickly, our room was ready and waiting and as it was still dinnertime she even offered to store our bags so we could go straight to dinner as appose to dragging our cases to come back which I was very impressed with.

The room

The rooms are large with 3 rooms, a bedroom, bathroom and lounge kitchenette too. They all come with a balcony or terrace and this was also a good size. We stayed in room B 215 which was a first floor room with a view of the gardens and looking down to the poolside cafe bar. The rooms are basic and have all you would need it to have with the exception on air-conditioning and maybe a kettle. However there is a ceiling fan in the bedroom. You can also get coffee / tea on tap at the main bars so didn't find this much of an issue. But for those of you who like this facility you can hire a kettle, iron or hairdryer from reception. The beds are on the hard side and a second pillow wouldnt go amiss but still I had no problems sleeping at all. The kitchenette (though we didnt use it) come equipped with a 2 ring hob, microwave, cutlery, plates, mugs, glasses and a boil on the stove kettle. we had a three seater settee (that could be changed to a bed) that was comfortable, a coffee table and a TV. The TV has 5 English channels on but who goes on holiday to watch TV anyway, when you can do this at home. The room was cleaned every other day. The cleaners did a fantasic job and did a full thorough clean of the room each time they came in. All in all I was impressed with our room, however can get sometime stuffy due to there being no air conditioning.

The food

The food is always a hot topic when booking all inclusive and again after reading other reviews before going, i was particularly worried about this and expected to turn up to eat school dinners from what people were saying. The food is fine, ok yes on occations I ended up eating chip buttys, salad and spagetti but thats simply because I can be a fussy eater which is no fault of the hotels. The breakfast I thought was brilliant, The bacon is delicous, they have real sausage (not hotdog saugage you normally get) eggs, beans, pancakes, cerials, pastries, etc and I couldnt fault it. During dinner and Tea times there are 10 hot trays of different foods to choose from, a full selection of salads, a selection of breads, sauces, spices and desserts too so I thought there was plenty of variety. The only thing I would say is the cards that tell you what things are should really be more descriptive. I always eat something and had no tummy upsets at all so to me this was good as I have in the past had to eat out at hotels as the food was poor. If you see turkey on the menu, i recommend you get this as It was delicous. One thing I did find strange and at times slightly annoying that in the restraunt during dinner or tea, you can onlt get water, pinapple juice, apple juice or wine. I do like to have a soft drink with my meals so this was a bit annoying as the wine was not to my taste at all. One thing I have to mention is that as you entered the restraunt I could smell something that was very unpleasant but this has no reflection whatsoever on the food so don't let it put you off.

The Pool.

The pool here is pretty small however has three sections, there are 2 adult parts (the deep pools) and a small kids section where it is shallow. The pool always was clean and was not too cold so had no problem with this. And despite its small size never seemed to be over crowded.
There are plenty of sunloungers to choose from and never had a problem getting one. Although the loungers are plastic and could become uncomfortable, this could be solved by hiring a sunlounger mattress from reception (we didnt opt to do this so couldnt tell you the price these are)

The Bar's

The bar's and the bar staff are brilliant. Despite having to serve hundreds of guests (and some of them being extremely rude) you would always get service with a smile. the two that particularly stood out to us were Hamza and Melena, as they were always so polite and pleasant. Hamza even does some bar tricks and can do a cracking welsh and liverpool accent. There are only 6 bar staff that man the bar and also the restraunt downstairs so they work very hard and long hours. They do a brilliant job. Also the pool side bar is a cafe also so snacks can be ordered from here including, toasties, burgers, chips etc that are cooked to order and are delicious.

The Entertainment

I was very impressed to find that the hotel had entertainment and we had the pleasure of Charlee as our animations member as she was covering for Paul who usually runs the show here. She was brilliant and hard working and she had to entertain an entire hotel of people on her own which can't be any easy task. The daily activitys ranged from basket ball, rifle shooting, archery, darts and many many more. The air rifle shooting was brilliant. Also she put on a show each evening starting with a mini disco at 8.30 where all the children would be invited to be taught dances to some classic tunes like agado, head, shoulders knees and toes, etc. Charlee was always patient with the kids and the kids always had big smiles on there faces so were obviously enjoying it. To all the parents this meant 30mins of peace while Charlee entertained them (think about it that way). This was followed by cash prize bingo where you had the oppotunity to win euro's (we won 50 euro on this one night). It is either 1 euro for one ticket or 5 euros for 6 tickets. The evening shows started at 9.30 and ranged from the bird show, reptile show, music quiz and more. The professional shows were brilliant, we saw the reptile, bird, flamenco, body magic and singer shows. And I enjoyed them all. The other nights we did a music quiz and a you bet quiz and these two were also great fun to take part in. Charlee was a great entertainer and doesnt get enough credit for her efforts, she is lovely and polite despite again some rude guests.

Location

Though Costa Teguise is a rather quite resort this hotel is not far from everything. Its approximately a 5 minitue walk to local shops, 10 mins to the beach and 10 - 15mins to the local bars / restraunts. If you dont want to walk the hotel has a on call taxi rank that at the touch of a button ther is a taxi there for you within 2 mins (and that is no exaggeration) and for us to get to Jesters bar (approx 10 - 15min walk) it would only cost 3.50 euro so is very inexpensive. For anyone booking here or staying in Costa Teguise, make sure you go to jesters bar, its amazing and had many memorable nights in there, please see my review for more details.

Other Facilities

The hotel has a gym and a spa also which we did not use so cannot comment on but is worth taking into consideration. They have computers availabe that if you pay 1 euro you get 10 mins use. There are wifi facilities that are chargable 7 euro for a day or 25 euro for a week but again this was not a facility we used but is worth a mention if you are considering staying here. There are in addition to this 3 pool tables and kiddy rides like what you would see in a supermarket if this is something that interests you.

All in all I really do believe for the price that we paid for this hotel we got a fantastic deal. If you consider that we paid more to be on 2 planes for a total of 8 hours than we paid to stay for an entire week in a hotel, it puts into perspective that it really is a bargin to stay here. Yes the hotel has some minor flaws but if you can look past these small flaws you will see that this really is a cracking hotel. I gave this hotel a 5 star rating as I believe for the quality of service you get and the facilities here are excellent for the rock bottom price we paid. If you want a luxury holiday where you get everything done for you etc, pay a bit more and book a luxury hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank sarahlou251187
Reviewed November 9, 2012

First impression Teguis Gardens looking good.We had a ground floor appartment with terrace just up from the pool and main building.The apartment was nice,clean and all that we needed.
Clean sheets and towells every second day,Fridge,mucrowave and hob all supplied (No complaints so far) The entertainment was basic but it was October/November...Food was different every day and the chefs were always topping the trays of food up,there was never a day that you could have said that there was nothing you could eat..the bar and pool bar were good (With the mad Barman doing his Tom Cruise,juggeling bottles)The staff were very all friendly and helpfull,Three Pools for kids of all ages.Ten minutes from the beach/shops/pubs/resturants.
We met two other couples and we all had a great holiday.Would go back anytime.

Room Tip: The ground floor had a terrace which was fine with us,The other couples we met both had a balcony wh...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andraHarthill
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We just arrived back from Blue Sea Hotel last week, if you could even call it that, soon as i walked in lobby was dark and dingy with energy bulbs, receptionist said we coudn,t have any hot food ,as none left, she took 2 plastic bags out a bin and gave it to us, which had an apple an orange and what looked like a slice of cold meat,and bit of boiled egg,all looked off, so we binned them, I went down to ask where kettle was told me would cost 5 euro for tiny kettle, asked for safe key, told me would cost 30 euro,s you only get 10 euro,s when you leave pool is to small, bar is dull and dingy,closes at 11pm, all plastic cups for everything, food looked and tasted vile,rooms dirty and dingy, small tv on table but no remote, again she wanted 15 euro, non returnable, which we refused, The towels only get changed weekly, bed wasn,t changed till we left, i dropped ring under bed, moved bedside cabinet and the stains of dirt on floor was awful, cleaning is so poor, you are stuck in the middle of nowhere, beach is at least agood 15 min walk, 10 euro,s for 2 to hire loungers on beach, it was supposed to be all inclusive, but all the little things you have to buy mount up, like safe key, kettle, hairdyer, iron, remote for tv, the food was vile, so we had to eat out also buy groceries from shop, it was that bad, the worst holiday i have ever had in my life, got me and partner arguing, and we where there to relax,staff unhlpful, also cost us 7 pounds, to send an e-mail from ther computer to our tour operator to complain, and we still didn,t get moved, the place should be knocked down and rebuilt hated eery minute of it and couldn,t wait to leave, then we met 2 people at airport who told us this place had already been on watchdog, the previous week, also had lots of people with disabilities, struggling uphill with chairs, and when we arrived our transfers to hotel had gone cost us 20 euro to get ther, and its not a Hotel looks more like a cave, with energy bulbs, and also in the horrible bar, would never go back if it was free, so we ended up paying a lot more money. ;-(

Room Tip: Just dont go near this place is my tip. its awful. x
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anne b
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Before we went I saw these negative comments.. DO NOT LISTEN to this .....!

You get what you pay for!
We loved Hamza(the barman). He made from every night a big show.

The rooms are small and look so much better on the internet...

The food is ok.. It depends on what day you're eating in the restaurant.

The 2 lads from entertainment were brilliant!! Paul was a quite funny guy and the ents boss. The other boy (the dutch leonardo di caprio) Quincy was such a lovely boy and really made our holiday.
Def need more people like these 2 in your hotel! (and Hamza aswel;-))

Just 2 things the boss maybe can use:

#10 of 38 in Costa Teguise
Oasis Lanz  Beach Mate
Oasis Lanz Beach Mate
#28 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens? Share your experiences!