I have felt the need to write a review after reading some horrendous inaccuracies in other reviews! Also, people seem to have such realistic expectations!
Firstly, the hotel is not a 4 star. It is not 4 start standard, ill admit. But it doesnt claim to be. Nowhere on their website or in the hotel does it say 4 star. In fact, at the front door, you are greeted by a 3 star plaque.
Secondly, if you pay the sort of prices this hotel charges you cant really expect a Hilton or Riu. What you get is a lovely location, close to the beach and centre (about 15 minute walk) and a spacious clean room with a kitchenette. It has a lovely pool, on the small side, but it gave a family feel, and we got chatting with most people most days.
The food - Genuinely dont understand peoples complaints. Again, it isnt a riu hotel with several on site hotels, it has 1 restaurant which is located downstairs which serves really nice food. It can be repetitive after 2 weeks but we expected that as it does at all all-inclusives. We went for a few meals out which were also lovely.
Each day there is a fresh meat, fish, veg dish with salad bar and bread - all were tasty, cooked and better than expected. The only complaint could be that if you went later on (finishes serving at 9pm) then the lights were dimmed in places of the restaurant that wern't being used.
Book the Tuesday bbq, it was beautiful. Also eating outside was great!
Room - The apartments were the biggest ive stayed in at an all-inclusive. They have everything you need, but nothing you may want. By that I mean they are clean and have a fridge etc but they dont stock the fridge with water and tv channels limited but we didnt go away to watch tv and putting water in the fridge ourselves was no hardship.
Staff - most of the staff were brilliant. Paul and Quincy (entertainers who ill talk about later), Hamza and Miguel were fun too. However some of the women were a little hard faced and didnt really seem bothered, in particular the small lady who waited tables in the restaurant and pool side bar.
All Inclusive - finishes at 11pm, which was late enough for us with a little girl, but would have been disappointed if we were alone - the extra hour would have made a real difference. Although they allow you to stock drinks up if needed, and I saw none of this "2 drinks per person" rule. I think the bar staff are told to use their discretion. While we were there, a group of 3 men were on the double vodka's from 10am, so by 11pm you could imagine they were a little loud - so Hamza only gave them 4 drinks each instead of the requested 8!!!
Entertainment - BRILLIANT. My daughter is still talking about Paul and Quincy now. They are a real credit to the place. I think Quincy is German (he will kill me for that :) and Paul is English and they run the entertainment each day and night. During the day there is archery and darts etc which is geared towards the adults and older kids, but my daughter loved watching and joining in the banter. Im shuffleboard champion!! HA
At the night time, there is a mini disco, which you couldnt drag my daughter away from. There are a limited amount of songs, but that helped my little one learn the routines and words - so much so we have had to make a cd of them for the car!!
There is a show most nights (reptile show / magic etc) and bingo - the place had a really nice atmosphere.
Location - good for what we wanted. I think the key is to research. We knew it wasnt directly on the beach. How some people complain about a location is beyond me. Just google it before booking. 15 min walk to centre / beach, same to water park.
Would we go again? Yes, if the price was right! Id be gutted if id paid a fortune, but for wait we paid, it was a gem!!
Thanks to everyone who helped make our holiday! Even you Q! :-)
Ignore the bad reviews and book - you will enjoy it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the southeast of the island of Tenerife, in the Callao Salvaje residential area, the complex offers a mixture of nature, relax and a holiday atmosphere. At the main restaurant you can enjoy a varied buffet or an extensive menu depending on the season. The restaurant is located around our three central swimming pools. We also have another pool with a solarium, isolated from the common areas of the complex, for guests who prefer to enjoy the sun in a more private setting. The apartments are fully equipped with all kinds of kitchenware for those who want to take culinary matters into their own hands. A deposit of 60€ will have to be paid on arrival, and will be returned on departure. The complex is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility (PRM). Pets up to 6 kg are allowed. A deposit of €30 will be charged on arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens Hotel Costa Teguise
- Oasis Timanfaya Hotel Apartments
- Oasis Timanfaya Costa Teguise
- Timanfaya Golf Apartments
- Globalia Timanfaya Golf
- Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens Lanzarote