4,102 results
All reviews revolving bar sea view animation team superior room pool area bar staff plenty of sunbeds great holiday lovely hotel plenty of choice small beach evening entertainment half board salt water bars and restaurants visited this hotel per day
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

2nd time to this hotel and again had a fabulous time. Some changes since last year, mainly change to the animation team. Cannot fault the 4 guys who are very friendly and work really hard. One criticism was there didn’t seem as much as last year and the timings weren’t spaced out so didn’t get an opportunity to participate as they overlapped, would have preferred more pool, darts as they were only one once or twice a week rather than water polo which was on every day. Entertainment wise, I enjoyed it, particular the karaoke and discos outside in the pool area. As we had family elsewhere and friends who stay in the island, we didn’t see a lot of shows and what we did see I enjoyed. The previous animation team are missed however but I cannot fault the guys who have took over as it is their 1st year.
The hotel was spotless, rooms cleaned every day and the views are spectacular. We were on the 4th floor which is superior rooms, beds were comfortable, Flat screen TV with great selection of English channels. There was also kettle with tea making facilities.
Food wise, I felt this year the food has gone downhill but that is my preferential taste as I can’t eat food with peppers in it, there was one night (Canarian) that I walked in and didn’t see anything I liked so didn’t eat anything. I’m happy that the BBQ was still there, this was always busy and the chef cooked small amounts at a time so was always big queues so feedback would be to cook more than 4 burgers at a time. As I’d eaten at the BBQ, on the canarian night it wasn’t a massive issue as wasn’t starving and got something later. The breakfasts were really good and loads of choice. I’d also tried sandwiches at the pool bar which were tasty.
As a returning guest, we were invited to a cocktail at the pool terrace and was given food, a mug and drinks, also asked for feedback which I think is excellent for a hotel to recognise this!
The hotel is in a fantastic place in the resort, to eat out is cheap, lots of shops and bars within walking distance as well.
I’m definitely returning as the hotel is excellent and the best I’ve stayed in. Thank you for making another brilliant year!

1  Thank MrsPScot
hotelteguiseplaya, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your comments and especially for visiting again, your comments motivate very much our staff.
Get a hug from your friend’s Lanzarote.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for 10 nights 8th Sept -17th Sept. This year we was in room 503 (Last year 504).

The hotel is vast and very pretty, Rooms are clean and specious although we did find it a bit crowded with three of us in a superior room (a 19 year old son) as well but for 10 days you put up with it.

Food:

cant really comment as we only had breakfast once and lunch once as we ate out every day as its so cheap. We did price up for next year about paying for B&B only but the difference between B&B and getting your own flights worked out about the same as all inclusive with Jet2

the snack bar by the pool offers a small variety of Croissants, sandwiches and fruit and then you have the BBQ open around 3:30pm for Burgers, hotdogs, chips etc, all ok

Pools:

Pools are lovely, seemed much warmer than last year although the biggest change was NO INFLATABLES which was a shame as the pool does not get really busy and the wife just likes to float on one all day! . I saw a lot of people buy them to be told they couldn't use them so maybe a sign at the check desk may be a help.

Entertainment:

Didn't really see any to be honest, the stage is in a strange place and when you are sitting on the revolving bar you cant rally see it but it was good enough.

Cleanliness:

could not faulty it, very clean in all areas.

Staff: Very friendly and helpful (special mention to Kimmi who is wonderful)

We also found out this year you have to pay for the safe in the room (Two Euros a night). apparently it was the same last year so we must of got away with it!

Pool towels are 10 euros each deposit which you get back at the end and you change each day between 5-6pm (except Sundays)

The location and cleanliness of the hotel is excellent and is the main reason we will come back, did not see a single Cockcroach during the stay.

1  Thank MillwallSteve

Dear friend and guest,
Thank you so much for your great review and friendly recommendation of our hotel.
Thank you so much for all the compliments ! It makes us really proud to know that our guests appreciate so much our Hotel . It is a great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed our services, facilities. Your nice review is our best present .If you come again please let us know!
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When we arrived at this hotel our room was situated on the ground floor with no view and the room smelled of sewage. I immediately reported this to reception and management which was greeted with hostility and lack of concern. They stipulated there was no other rooms available and basically end of communication. Next morning we approached a helpful receptionist and she moved us that day, the night prior there was no availability!
Bar staff were rude and on my first night there I was reprimanded for standing in a queue for a drink, but was told that it was a cocktail only line! No signs to state this and lose the attitude, people are on holiday and have worked all year to supposedly relax!
The food was bland and the breakfast choice was the same every morning. The themed nights didn't make any sense and did not spark any enthusiasm in my taste buds. If you like a sweet treat after your dinner, then prepare yourself for either cheap ice cream or trays of sloppy blancmange with blobs of cream on top. The quality of food should have been so much better for a 4 star hotel!
The snacks at the outside bar were terrible, when a sandwich is beyond their capability you know there is something wrong. The afternoon grill for snacks outside is a good idea, but needs to be better organised. There was a queue of twenty people and the chef cooked one order at a time rather than collecting all orders and grilling twenty burgers simultaneously.
Myself and friends all had similar experiences during our visit to this hotel and got the impression that staff were fed up and maybe there were some underlying issues.
The entertainment staff were brilliant and are a real asset to this hotel.
I do think the hotel has potential to be so much better, with perhaps better management and an injection of enthusiasm.

4  Thank lauralady82

Dear Laura,
It gives me great sadness to read your comments and not due to their perception, but due to the fact we are many on site working long hours and we could not detect your discomfort and solve your problems. Nevertheless, as we also attend our guest's questions on medias i will firstly say that knowing your opinion about our hotel is very important for us, as our main concern is to offer the best service to our guests.
We appreciate both: your criticism as well as the positive you mentioned,therefore we take good note of your comments hoping to improve our service in the future.
We sincerely strive to make every stay at Grand Teguise Playa wonderful and we are deeply sorry that we were unable to fulfill this.
We will keep working to improve our facilities and service likewise.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Spent a week here & loved it. Very relaxed hotel, clean & staff are very pleasant. Was our first holiday with our baby who was 11 weeks & I’d say it’s a very baby friendly place access wise, we took some nice strolls along the seafront. Food is of good quality & quite a lot of variance. The fish was always really tasty. Rooms spotless cleaned regularly & the view across the sea was beautiful. Very short walk to shops and restaurants & the square in the evening can be quite lively it’s a nice atmosphere. Only 2 downsides for me: 1. The aircon in our room was poor-we had an engineer to it but made no difference, it was also poor in the restaurant it was very humid in there at times. 2. Entertainment guy, I understand they’re quite lively to round people up for activities but they continued to shout throughout the whole game/s-I guess I’m more precious about this having a new born who i often had to take out the way to sleep but a few other guests said it was a bit loud & OTT. Nothing major though I would certainly return to this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank Bell833

Dear Bell,
Thank you for choosing Grand Teguise Playa for your recent stay in Costa Teguise and for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community; we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we might improve.
I have shared your comments with my management team for its review in order to take the necessary corrective measures.
We are very satisfied to read that you found positive aspects that made of your holiday a general positive.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just spent two weeks here it was great good food good drinks,animation team were great big up to Ricardoand Ellis we had great fun with these guys,overall the area is lovely and we will be back soon beaches are great plenty of shops and bars,but overall the hotel is clean and tidy grounds are well kept but the animation team was the best with shooting archery bowls Allsorts going on and a big thanks to Ricardo for pams medal

6  Thank Barney B
hotelteguiseplaya, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,
We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. That gives us energy to keep up the good work.
We are pleased to hear that you particularly appreciated our attentive animation team; We will certainly not miss to pass your congratulations to them.
Well-done boys!!!
Thank you and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back for another visit to Lanzarote.